Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vaders4 is offline Member

Anavar causing kidney pain?

I'm 30 days into my anavar cycle (60mg ED) and last night I had some back pain right where my kidneys are.

It went away, and tonight it came back. It feels like a pulled muscle but it's right where my kidneys are, on both sides.

It's really hard to explain the type of pain but it's def uncomfortable.

Should I lower my anavar dose? Stop it all together and see if the pain goes away?

I'm drinking a gallon of water a day, but yesterday I didn't drink much water and today I'm having the pain. I'm passing urine no problem and it's clear or light yellow and does not have a strange odor.

Thanks.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Well first off, I would say it is most likely not the anavar but its possible. The reason I say this is because if it were the anavar it would most likely have been painful earlier then day 30. Go to a doctor and get checked out.

You should be drinking more water.... but thats up to you 1.5 to 2 gallons a day.

On another note... I know this is your first anavar only cycle... is it possible its in your head? The human mind is a funny thing and can play tricks on us anytime you introduce something foreign to your body.

No the pain is real. The odd thing is, it doesn't feel like an "internal" pain. If I cough, talk real loudly, jump up and down etc, it's sore.

Maybe I hurt my back 2 days ago doing legs? I was hack squatting 14 plates but it wasn't a big deal.

I def have not been drinking enough water the past few days. The pain comes and goes, it's more intense at times.

I also noticed when I'm in my car and have the heated seat cranking, it does not hurt as much.

Well if you are worried about seeing a doctor, then maybe just apply some heat to it, do some stretching maybe get a massage and see how you feel in a few days. I'm sure you'll be fine, although it wouldn't hurt to see a doctor.

I am almost certain it is not directly related to the Anavar . You'll be fine... breathe easy

Thanks brother, you just made me feel allot better!!

I only took 30mg of anavar today as a precaution. I only have 2 weeks left and don't want to stop until the 6th week. Weight is up, strength is up, really liking the effects except for this damn back pain.

I just did a write up today regarding anavar you may want to check out before your second cycle.... ANAVAR?? Read this... All Quesitons ANSWERED!
    if you're interested

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    dont worry bro u will be ok . I had the same pain 6 days ago and im not on steroids . Its probably a small muscle strain. Just apply some olfen cream on the area and u will be ok.

Wish you all the luck

BeastIn916 is offline Junior Member
    Probably from over-training. I get too into it sometimes and screw myself over.

mogila is offline New Member
    Apoligies for hijacking the thread, but seeing that we're on the topic of kidney's i thought it was right to post here. i'm currently on my first cycle now of test E at 500mg per week and have been getting regular blood testing to monitor my levels, all levels were fine until week 7 when my kidney levels exceeded the range, my doctor has strongly advised me to stop taking the test E, my question, is it normal for your kidneys to be stressed on 500mg a week? im not feeling any pain in that area and my urine is usually yellow which i blame on the vitamins im taking, drinking plenty of water, can any one with experience and knowledge help me out here on what i should do?
    I''m 31 yrs 6ft 94kgs, not sure of bady fat
    thanks in advance

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by vaders4 View Post
    I'm 30 days into my anavar cycle (60mg ED) and last night I had some back pain right where my kidneys are.

It went away, and tonight it came back. It feels like a pulled muscle but it's right where my kidneys are, on both sides.

It's really hard to explain the type of pain but it's def uncomfortable.

Should I lower my anavar dose? Stop it all together and see if the pain goes away?

I'm drinking a gallon of water a day, but yesterday I didn't drink much water and today I'm having the pain. I'm passing urine no problem and it's clear or light yellow and does not have a strange odor.

Thanks.
    How many proteins do you ingest daily?
    Your stats?

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    How many proteins do you ingest daily?
    Your stats?
    Protein is about 350-400g a day, maybe it's too much??

I'm 6ft 185, 10-12% BF

On a side note, I drank 32oz of water before bed. Before I fell asleep the pain was pretty much only in one side, and then I started having really bad gas? This morning so far it's pretty much gone..

Also, if I yawn or take a deep breath, I feel tight/soreness in that area. It feels like a sore muscle, only way I can describe it. Only thing that scares me is it's on each side right where my kidneys are

juiceda26 is offline Associate Member
    I used milk thistle from gnc and all my pain from methanoplex went away. i have kidney pain from all orals. But not since i added the milk thistle.

i get the same from high dbol dosages and it sounds like ur kidneys to me. keep an eye on it and drink alot of water. i like cranberry juice to help out u dont want to damage ur kidneys cause once u do ur screwed

I think I'm just going to stop, it's not worth it.

Was just doing some research on kidney related back pain..

It seems that when you have back pain the is kidney related, it is either kidney stones, or a kidney infection.

Kidney stones are extremely painful, and my pain was a dull muscle ache type pain.

Pain due to kidney infection is also extremely painful, and accompanied by fever, blood in urine, frequent need to urinate, chills, etc. I have none of these symptoms, I feel totally fine.

I think if my kidneys were infected, failing, or having some sort of problem, lower back pain would not be the only symptom I would have. Anyone else agree?

milk thistle. i had kidney pain and it went away. im surprised anybody would take orals without it.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceda26 View Post
    milk thistle. i had kidney pain and it went away. im surprised anybody would take orals without it.
    Milk thistle is for your liver.

I would talk to BJJ about this one. He seems to know a lot about this side of things. It may just be your protein to water ratio. You're taking in a shit load of protein and you body requires water to process it. DRINK MORE WATER and maybe lower the protein to 250g a day.

Oh, and I don't know if I suggested this yet or not, but maybe see a doctor

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    I had kidney infection and it kicked my rear. If you're having pains in your kidneys and it persists you should get it checked out. If it's kidney stones you be pissing out a golf ball. NOT FUN.

mogila is offline New Member
    no replies, wonderful ill just a start a new thread, lol

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard View Post
    I had kidney infection and it kicked my rear. If you're having pains in your kidneys and it persists you should get it checked out. If it's kidney stones you be pissing out a golf ball. NOT FUN.

Feeling much better today. Again the pain wasn't such a bad one where I was even thinking of taking advil or anything to help, it was just there.

It would increase if I walked around, ran, bent over, etc.

If I was sitting or not moving, I really didn't notice it.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Protein is about 350-400g a day, maybe it's too much??

I'm 6ft 185, 10-12% BF

On a side note, I drank 32oz of water before bed. Before I fell asleep the pain was pretty much only in one side, and then I started having really bad gas? This morning so far it's pretty much gone..

Also, if I yawn or take a deep breath, I feel tight/soreness in that area. It feels like a sore muscle, only way I can describe it. Only thing that scares me is it's on each side right where my kidneys are
    You eat too many proteins which are totally NOT needed especially because of the drug you decided to use, Oxandrolone.
    185 lbs with a good bf, you need no more than 280 g per day to bulk.
    So, I believe if the pain is related to your kidneys, by reducing the stress they are having, the pang should go away.
    If not, reduce anyway your protein intake and do the following blood work:

Azotemia
    Creatinine
    ADH

If the results are way over, get in touch with a nephrologist to whom you must tell the truth.
    You may also take an abdominal echography.

^^

x2!!

Ok I will cut down on my protein.

its not just for your liver. Milk thistle has powerful antioxidant properties and is especially helpful in protecting the liver AND KIDNEYS from free radical damage.

Teufel_Hunden is offline Associate Member
    I always take Cranberry Plus - it costs like 10 bucks and it's easier than drinking all the sugar filled cranberry juice

it is ur kidney more than likely oral will do that to some people ur kidneys can swell giving u that lower back pump feeling.take some cran extract and drink a lot of water to flush them out.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Was just doing some research on kidney related back pain..

It seems that when you have back pain the is kidney related, it is either kidney stones, or a kidney infection.

Kidney stones are extremely painful, and my pain was a dull muscle ache type pain.

Pain due to kidney infection is also extremely painful, and accompanied by fever, blood in urine, frequent need to urinate, chills, etc. I have none of these symptoms, I feel totally fine.

I think if my kidneys were infected, failing, or having some sort of problem, lower back pain would not be the only symptom I would have. Anyone else agree?
    Anavar and muscle pain in the lower back..... BACK PUMPS! I think a lot of people confuse this "kidney pain" for lower back pumps which a few steroids cause. I got horrible pumps from anavar, in my arms, forearms, and lower back. I'd tie my shoe and my back would be killing me.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Holy shit! How did this thread continue for so long without anyone pointing out the OBVIOUS answer to the OP's problem?
    Its called a back-pump and it is commonly caused by AAS (mainly orals). The pain is caused by blood being pumped into your kidneys/lower back faster than it can escape (it isn't harmful to your health as far as we know, just a PITA). Same reason AAS cause calf-pumps and the like. Bulk taurine at 4-10g per day should help tremendously. Lower your Var dose until you can get the taurine.

Edit: dece beat me to it by 3 minutes.

Where can I get taurine from??

Also I only took 30mg of var yesterday, and none today.

Pain is pretty much gone, but still exists.

Where can I get taurine from??

Also I only took 30mg of var yesterday, and none today.

Pain is pretty much gone, but still exists.
    I'm in Canada and you can get it at any supplement store... Check GNC

Is it the same as l-taurine from ar-r ? No right?

Is it the same as l-taurine from ar-r? No right?
    yes it is

K I have some, let me give it a shot.

I'm going to take 5mg of taurine, and 30mg of anavar before bed just to keep it in my system.

It's been 24hrs since I've taken anavar now

Man it seems that I get the worst back pumps at night for some reason?? started happening around the same time last night!! I was pretty much fine all day but now it hurts.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    Anavar and muscle pain in the lower back..... BACK PUMPS! I think a lot of people confuse this "kidney pain" for lower back pumps which a few steroids cause. I got horrible pumps from anavar, in my arms, forearms, and lower back. I'd tie my shoe and my back would be killing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Holy shit! How did this thread continue for so long without anyone pointing out the OBVIOUS answer to the OP's problem?
    Its called a back-pump and it is commonly caused by AAS (mainly orals). The pain is caused by blood being pumped into your kidneys/lower back faster than it can escape (it isn't harmful to your health as far as we know, just a PITA). Same reason AAS cause calf-pumps and the like. Bulk taurine at 4-10g per day should help tremendously. Lower your Var dose until you can get the taurine.

Edit: dece beat me to it by 3 minutes.
    I was wondering how long until someone mentioned this.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    K I have some, let me give it a shot.

I'm going to take 5mg of taurine, and 30mg of anavar before bed just to keep it in my system.

It's been 24hrs since I've taken anavar now
    I said grams, not miligrams. You have to buy it by the kilo from a place like bulknutrition (dotcom).

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    I said grams, not miligrams. You have to buy it by the kilo from a place like bulknutrition (dotcom).
    Sorry I meant G.

My pills are dosed at 500mg ea, so I just took 6 now and I'll take 2 more before bed.

never307 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceda26 View Post
    its not just for your liver. Milk thistle has powerful antioxidant properties and is especially helpful in protecting the liver AND KIDNEYS from free radical damage.
    sorry youre 100% wrong. milk thistle absolutely does not help youre kidneys. in actual fact there is nothing proven to boost/help/protect/repair kidneys. i say this from experience. i have lost 30%kidney function when my kidneys crashed after ingesting a fentanyl filled "pain pill"
    ive spoken to more doctors and nephrologist than u can count. and again i repeat NOTHING has been proven to help kidneys.
    the only 2 options you have are the following

option A and actually is proven by medical science is to keep your blood pressure in check.

option b is astragalus root. its been used for thousands of years in chinese herbal meds. but again if you actually try to find legitimate medical studies you will find nothing that confirms it helps. what you will find is lots of "may help etc etc " " is believed to etc etc" and things like this but ALL sum up the same. " more thorough medical studies are needed"

and thats it. anyone or anything else claiming to support kidneys is false. i could post endless links supporting this but u can go google it yourself. or check pubmed for legit medical studies. all you will find is what ive told you here.
    milk thistle is great for liver but does NOT, and i mean absolutely nothing for your kidneys. sorry bud. ive spent the last 4.5 yrs searching tirelessly for kidney support. there isnt any. blood pressure and astragalus root(not proven in ANY legit study) is it. i utilize both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information