Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By PistolPete33
  • 1 Post By Octaneforce

Thread: Nolvadex affect on fertility?

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Nolvadex affect on fertility?

So theres questions all the time about fertility on gear and how someone could conceive a child on cycle. But i think something that goes unlooked is the use of nolva on cycle. Tons of guys use nolva during cycles to prevent gyno. From what i gather, nolva improves fertility in men. So maybe those who have been able to have children while blasting/cycling were unknowingly assisted by nolva (even without hcg and clomid).

How significant is the improvement of fertility with nolva? Why is clomid always the go-to for fertility improvement? Just educating myself. Havent been posting much but this has had me thinking!

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Also, keep in mind that it takes 3-4 months for sperm to mature. So, if you're on week 8 of your cycle your sperm that you are ejaculating started a month or longer BEFORE you were on cycle. Your chances of getting your woman pregnant are about equal to when you were not on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Slightly informed speculation coming, so take what I offer with that in mind.

My guess is that clomid is the first course because in men, docs are likely trying to kill two birds with one stone: get an increase in test and an increase in fertility. Maybe they figure if we feel better, we will be more interested in makin' babies.

I have, perhaps erroneously, thought that Nolva has a greater positive impact on FSH than clomid does. When I have added low dose nolva to my Clomid hrt, my FSH goes up by a couple of points. That isn't a great test, because both are in play, just an observation.

HMG, I think, is the better choice for fertility versus HCG. I believe that HMG more closely mimics FSH and HCG more closely mimics LH, but once again, I'm not a doctor.

Wouldnt high FSH mean that the testes are not responding? (Feedback loop).

Your definitely right about hcg , atleast according to the research ive done. Hcg mimics LH to get the testes producing testosterone again. But i dont understand how that leads to sperm production on its own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    Also, keep in mind that it takes 3-4 months for sperm to mature. So, if you're on week 8 of your cycle your sperm that you are ejaculating started a month or longer BEFORE you were on cycle. Your chances of getting your woman pregnant are about equal to when you were not on.

Thats a very good point. So for those of us blasting and cruising for years, would that mean its going to take 3-4 months of fertility therapy (nolva, clomid, hcg , etc) to see matured sperm?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    High FSH in the absence of increased sperm production would likely mean that the testicles are not functioning in regard to the production of sperm. Increasing FSH is a priority in the restoration of male fertility. I have never had my sperm count checked and truth be told, I don't think I ever will. It would NOT be cool to have gone through life not knowing that I was infertile. I most definitely would have changed some behavior!
    Hahah!! Pretty sure theres at home sperm tests these days. Fsh and lh concepts are not the most basic things

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Thats a very good point. So for those of us blasting and cruising for years, would that mean its going to take 3-4 months of fertility therapy (nolva, clomid, hcg, etc) to see matured sperm?
    Yes, this is where I'm currently at myself. I've been on TRT and blasting and cruising for 7+ years. Got divorced, new fiance, want kids, no luck. HAHA. I ended up coming off and I'm just starting month 3 so hoping in the next month or two we get a pregnancy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    Yes, this is where I'm currently at myself. I've been on TRT and blasting and cruising for 7+ years. Got divorced, new fiance, want kids, no luck. HAHA. I ended up coming off and I'm just starting month 3 so hoping in the next month or two we get a pregnancy.
    Oh wow you came off all gear? You are committed! Good luck man. Its gonna work!!
    Chark likes this.

Thread Information