Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wango

Thread: Post cycle diet

teedoff is online now Member

Post cycle diet

While this involves a question about diet, it's more specially about finishing a cycle with post diet in mind.

I'm about 6 weeks into an 8 or 9 week anavar only cycle...finishing up whatever I have left.

Pre cycle I was 18.5% bf and 206lbs. I'm 55 and 5'9"

I've managed to cut about 4% body fat....down to 14.5% ....hoping a bit more in the last 2 to 3 weeks....while only losing about 4lbs on the scale. If my math was right, I've put on about 5lbs of lean muscle.

I'd still like to lose more body fat, as I still carry quite a bit around my gut and chest. Trainer says it's not so much fat, but scar tissue from being over weight so long. Either way I was down to 175 last Sept.

My diet now is around 1800 calories a day. I know that's low, but after 3 years of experimenting with my diet, it's what works for me. I'm very carb sensitive so have to be careful of what carbs I eat and when. Dinner carbs kill me.

Anyway my question is: I'd like to lose a bit more on the scales after this cycle before my vacation end of April. So I'll stay on my current deficit intake until then. Will I lose all the gains I've made? I realize I'll lose the strength gains of course but I'm not looking to get huge. I'd still like to look like I work out at least. Lol
    Last edited by teedoff; 03-08-2021 at 03:11 PM.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First off, I do not recommend a anavar only cycle. Your test production is most likely shut down by now. I know that is not your question but I wanted to comment.
    My feeling is that you have been losing muscle the whole time. The reason for taking other AAS is to preserve as much muscle as possible.
    I do not know what your TDEE is so it is hard to tell. I would say that 1800 sounds about right based on the minimal information. If you want to lose additional fat levels, I would add in cardio to your present cycle/ diet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on test gel anyway. Forgot to mention that.

Yes cardio would be ideal. Lol. Thats the one thing I struggle most with. With warmer weather coming, hopefully I can get back to walking. With most gyms being closed or mask required I've put off going to other gyms. My gym is small and private and doesn't have cardio equipment.
    Last edited by teedoff; 03-08-2021 at 03:58 PM.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    I'm on test gel anyway. Forgot to mention that.

Yes cardio would be ideal. Lol. Thats the one thing I struggle most with. With warmer weather coming, hopefully I can get back to walking. With most gyms being closed or mask required I've put off going to other gyms. My gym is small and private and doesn't have cardio equipment.
    You had me going... I was trying to figure out how you weren’t feeling terrible and suffering from low test. LOL
    I’m almost at your age and need my TRT at a minimum.
    My cardio is now just a brisk walk. Limited running.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Just from my experience with var plus TRT level test, I’d say that you won’t.

I think we have a lot of similarities regarding diet and I too am carb sensitive and try to eliminate anything but veggies & protein in the evening.

At 61 I had a nice result regarding fat loss and did minimal cardio. Yup with the warmer weather, that would be the perfect addition.

I'm bad about eating veggies too. Most of my days are mundane and repetitive with what foods I eat.

Breakfast is always an egg with 3 or 4 egg whites, tomato slices if I have them, and a cup of oatmeal with apples and cinnamon.

Lunch is usually grilled salmon with either 1 1/2 cups basmati rice or a sweet potato with grilled green beans.

Dinner is usually a salad or eggs again or something I've made like chicken salad in lettuce wraps.

I'm bad about eating veggies too. Most of my days are mundane and repetitive with what foods I eat.

Breakfast is always an egg with 3 or 4 egg whites, tomato slices if I have them, and a cup of oatmeal with apples and cinnamon.

Lunch is usually grilled salmon with either 1 1/2 cups basmati rice or a sweet potato with grilled green beans.

Dinner is usually a salad or eggs again or something I've made like chicken salad in lettuce wraps.
    When I was on my var cycle, I actually ate less carbs then that.

Morning is egg whites with salsa & I dig my evening salads.

Things are getting rough now as my wife recently retired & loves to cook. Gotta think that it’s not going to go well for my bf, lol. Was at 12% pre-Covid. Now? BTW, I love HGH and will not give it up. It helps with the bf.

I dont always eat the oatmeal in the morning. Have been the last week. Just felt like trying to put on as much as I can, I should up my calories just a tad.

I wish I could afford HGH! Man they're proud of that stuff. But I also have been leery(scared) in pinning myself, so havent done that yet. lol Planning on taking the plunge my next cycle with some test and dbol maybe....still not fully decided yet.

Last sept I was down to around 11 or 12% bf. I weighed 175 I think. Then Thanksgiving and Christmas hit. lol So even now at 14.5%, I can still afford to lose around 20 lbs and get back to around 180.

Now if I could figure out what to do about my flabby skin. trainer says nothing will help that except surgery or j-plasma treatments. I posted a topic in the diet section, but that side is pretty dead.

Gallowmere is online now Knowledgeable Member

Post cycle diet

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You had me going... I was trying to figure out how you weren’t feeling terrible and suffering from low test. LOL
    I’m almost at your age and need my TRT at a minimum.
    My cardio is now just a brisk walk. Limited running.

At 6 weeks, his production would likely only be suppressed by about 30-40%. I was going to suggest blood work to confirm my suspicions, but since he’s on test gel anyway, it’s a moot point. Hah.

I dont always eat the oatmeal in the morning. Have been the last week. Just felt like trying to put on as much as I can, I should up my calories just a tad.

I wish I could afford HGH! Man they're proud of that stuff. But I also have been leery(scared) in pinning myself, so havent done that yet. lol Planning on taking the plunge my next cycle with some test and dbol maybe....still not fully decided yet.

Last sept I was down to around 11 or 12% bf. I weighed 175 I think. Then Thanksgiving and Christmas hit. lol So even now at 14.5%, I can still afford to lose around 20 lbs and get back to around 180.

Now if I could figure out what to do about my flabby skin. trainer says nothing will help that except surgery or j-plasma treatments. I posted a topic in the diet section, but that side is pretty dead.
    The HGH does come at a cost for sure, but keeps me under 15% and allows me to eat like I was a kid again.

Sorry about the loose skin. I don’t have that issue, but am far from having a beach worthy body. I only care that I look good in a t-shirt at this age and am getting more forgiving of myself in the mirror.

Maybe get used to a 5/8” needle and start with sub-q test injections??? Then as you are feeling more comfortable, pin a deltoid or a pec.

Yup, those holidays can be a killer, lol.
    teedoff likes this.

Thread Information