Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Is elevated liver enzymes normal after a cycle and during PCT?

ricktrbl is offline New Member

Is elevated liver enzymes normal after a cycle and during PCT?

I had some general bloodwork done with my doctor. I had elevated liver enzymes 2 weeks into my PCT after my cycle. He said it might be a concern but he is not aware i'm on steroids . Is the elevated levels normal (temporary) and will it probably go down ?

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Are you on liver support like NAC of Tudca? Did you drink on the cycle or PCT?

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Extremely normal. Elevated ALT/AST values I’m assuming?

Muscle is broken down and repaired and cycling accelerates it...that protein is excreted through the liver and elevates those markers. Testosterone can also elevate them as well

Many threads on here about it. Mine were so high at one point I had to be tested for hepatitis, cirrhosis, fatty liver disease and an ultrasound was ordered. I think somewhere I posted the lab reports.

They don’t get worried until those values are in the 1000’s. Normally they are low 100’s and they scratch their head

This is only applicable if the ALT/AST values are what you’re referring to

Yes they are temporary
    warchild likes this.

tlaloc is offline Junior Member
    I read that Tamoxifen can raise liver enzymes. Are you using anything like this?

"Mine were so high at one point I had to be tested for hepatitis, cirrhosis, fatty liver disease and an ultrasound was ordered. I think somewhere I posted the lab reports."

Yikes. What did they prescribe for your treatment? Did you get hospitalized?

Quote Originally Posted by tlaloc View Post
    "Mine were so high at one point I had to be tested for hepatitis, cirrhosis, fatty liver disease and an ultrasound was ordered. I think somewhere I posted the lab reports."

Yikes. What did they prescribe for your treatment? Did you get hospitalized?
    They didn’t prescribe anything and no hospitalization. The ALT/AST panels were misleading due to my muscle mass and the testosterone that I was on. That’s my point, the lab values skew easily for bodybuilders...my doc finally came to that conclusion on his own but had to be safe and order the tests and the screenings

rise_against is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Extremely normal. Elevated ALT/AST values I’m assuming?

Muscle is broken down and repaired and cycling accelerates it...that protein is excreted through the liver and elevates those markers. Testosterone can also elevate them as well

Many threads on here about it. Mine were so high at one point I had to be tested for hepatitis, cirrhosis, fatty liver disease and an ultrasound was ordered. I think somewhere I posted the lab reports.

They don’t get worried until those values are in the 1000’s. Normally they are low 100’s and they scratch their head

This is only applicable if the ALT/AST values are what you’re referring to

Yes they are temporary
    Were you honest about your gear use? I'm sure he knew just by looking but curious how open people are with doctors while using gear

I’m only on TRT
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by rise_against View Post
    Were you honest about your gear use? I'm sure he knew just by looking but curious how open people are with doctors while using gear
    Dude, you'll see this in many many many other threads, but do not EVER be honest about your gear use to pretty much anyone. Nothing good will come from it, but a lot of bad things can happen.

There is a big difference between the doctor knowing from taking a look at you or your bloodwork and you telling him.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Good shit bro. I am glad your health is intact.

Albedo121 is offline Junior Member
    You always wanna preserve as much of the liver as you can but luckily the liver is a resilient bitch. You can chop lobes of it off fairly frequently and be just fine but know the more damage it takes the harder it is to come back 100% and typically those cells don’t operate at the same level as the previous ones.

Also as mentioned above rigorous exercise can cause elevations out past ~1 week as muscles also contain AST/ALT so they’re not as specific as we would like for truly understanding liver damage in lifters.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.in...%3fhs_amp=true

This is a great article that actually summarizes it well and has some links to the actual studies if you wanna know more.

Thread Information