Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Looking at DECA and Test

MityMax96 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    On your last blood work, what was your Total T and Free T. Include ranges.
    If your total T is barely in range your Free T could be quite low. FT is what works for us, total doesn't really matter.

On your next blood work make sure you get all the normal crap plus, LH, FSH, thyroid panel to include TSH, FT3, FT4 and RT3 plus antibodies if the doc will allow it. SHBG would be great as well as Vit D.
    So my last round of Blood Work was 10/5/20
    What I did leading into this round of blood work was:
    Begin serm 40mg /ED 9/15/20 - 9/21/20
    Begin serm 20mg /ED 9/22/20 - 9/27/20
    Begin Boron 15mg /ED 9/15/20 - 9/27/20
    Testosterone blood work on 10/5/20 - 643 ng/dL (Range 264 - 916 ng/dL), Free Test 12.47 ng/dL (Range 5.00 - 21.00 ng/dL)

My blood work I am scheduled for 2/22/21, I am doing none of the above other than I am taking Boron 15-18mg
    I want to see where my levels are doing nothing other than diet and exercise.

Just adding this in as well, my test a year ago
    Begin serm 40 mg/ED for 14 days. 01/23/20 - 02/05/20 -- Test level after (blood taken on 2/10) 762 ng/dL

Was having problems w/ posting the last post
    But the serm is tamoxifen

tootallshorty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MityMax96 View Post
    I am seriously considering TRT
    How old are you?
    I'm 39. I've felt that my testosterone has been off for years though. I actually had the VA check it around 8 years ago because I was depressed and none of their meds were helping. The test came back "normal" which I know now just meant I was "in range". So for years I feel I was misdiagnosed.

I can't speak for everyone else here, but I can confidently say for me, I look forward to injection day now because within a minute I can feel natural energy filling my body and I haven't had this much motivation to get things accomplished in years. I knew it was affecting me, but I had no idea it was by this much!

Quote Originally Posted by tootallshorty View Post
    I'm 39. I've felt that my testosterone has been off for years though. I actually had the VA check it around 8 years ago because I was depressed and none of their meds were helping. The test came back "normal" which I know now just meant I was "in range". So for years I feel I was misdiagnosed.

I can't speak for everyone else here, but I can confidently say for me, I look forward to injection day now because within a minute I can feel natural energy filling my body and I haven't had this much motivation to get things accomplished in years. I knew it was affecting me, but I had no idea it was by this much!
    Are you doing Test only?
    How is it doing with your joints when working out?

I do 100mg of test/wk right now. I still need to get bloodwork to see if this the proper dosage. I am on my fourth week.

As for joints, I have horrible tendentious on all three of my tendons in my left elbow. I have to be extremely careful to not injury myself. I just started doing bench press again after a 4 month rest periods due to tendentious with the one that connects to my tricep. So the 4 month rest, along with starting a low dose of Ostarine and MK 677 three weeks, its finally healed. I don't think that test by itself will help with the healing of tendons.

I do 100mg of test/wk right now. I still need to get bloodwork to see if this the proper dosage. I am on my fourth week.

As for joints, I have horrible tendentious on all three of my tendons in my left elbow. I have to be extremely careful to not injury myself. I just started doing bench press again after a 4 month rest periods due to tendentious with the one that connects to my tricep. So the 4 month rest, along with starting a low dose of Ostarine and MK 677 three weeks, its finally healed. I don't think that test by itself will help with the healing of tendons.
    In that time of 4 weeks, you have seen/felt/noticed a big difference?
    Like for me right now, I don't really know how to describe it, but I just feel off when it comes to the gym and my workouts....like lethargic....I have to force myself (where as I used to not have to)...sometimes I feel really good in the gym and other times (maybe > 50%) it just feels like crap during my workout.

Yeah tendentious is what I am dealing with I am sure for my elbows....like doing pressing (when my shoulders weren't hurting) I would feel pain at my elbows....or doing weighted chin/pull ups.

That is why I was thinking about having DECA as well as Test...so it can help w/ joint pain.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Deca does help with joint pain, but it takes a while to feel it’s effects. Once you come off deca, all the hurting and clicking/popping will come back. Also, it doesn’t make all pain disappear. It’s more useful for joint pain than tendon pain. The tendons in my elbows still hurt on deca.
    fit_deskjocky likes this.

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Deca does help with joint pain, but it takes a while to feel it’s effects. Once you come off deca, all the hurting and clicking/popping will come back. Also, it doesn’t make all pain disappear. It’s more useful for joint pain than tendon pain. The tendons in my elbows still hurt on deca.
    Do you feel like a Deca an GH or MK cycle would be therapeutic for the OP or anyone that's experiencing joint and tendon pain. Both compounds taking awhile to act but ultimately strengthening the connective tissue

Quote Originally Posted by fit_deskjocky View Post
    Do you feel like a Deca an GH or MK cycle would be therapeutic for the OP or anyone that's experiencing joint and tendon pain. Both compounds taking awhile to act but ultimately strengthening the connective tissue
    Yeah that would be good to know.
    Because if I do start TRT, and doing something like Ostarine or GH would be better for the joint issue going forward, I would do that.

Mity, I feel like a version of me that I have not seen in over a decade now that I am on TRT. Motivation, energy, sex drive, all through the roof.

On three separate occasions I have taken Ostarine and it helped heal my tendonitis. I am also using MK 677 right now which is supposed to help with joints but since I am taking Ostarine as well I cannot vouch for it. My recommendation is to take it easy on your joints with rest, go to a TRT doctor and get tested. If treatment is indicated, get that dialed in and then take Ostarine to help heal injuries before going on AAS cycle.

Mity, I feel like a version of me that I have not seen in over a decade now that I am on TRT. Motivation, energy, sex drive, all through the roof.

On three separate occasions I have taken Ostarine and it helped heal my tendonitis. I am also using MK 677 right now which is supposed to help with joints but since I am taking Ostarine as well I cannot vouch for it. My recommendation is to take it easy on your joints with rest, go to a TRT doctor and get tested. If treatment is indicated, get that dialed in and then take Ostarine to help heal injuries before going on AAS cycle.
    Thank you for the info, much appreciated.
    I set an appointment for Monday to talk with a TRT clinic
    See what they say.

I have been definitely taking things with my elbows and shoulders....it just really sucks having to slow down.

Cool man. Let us know how it goes and if you start treatment how it affects you. I would be interested to hear!

Construction is offline New Member
    Can u take finastride with with 400 deca and 300 test e ?

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Construction View Post
    Can u take finastride with with 400 deca and 300 test e ?
    Please start your own thread for more responses

Cool man. Let us know how it goes and if you start treatment how it affects you. I would be interested to hear!
    Will do.

Went down and did the TRT
    Test came back at around 400
    Starting at 1.2/week
    See how this goes...hoping good things.

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member
    Your test is decent for a 43 year old. What was your Free Test? so they are putting you on 1.2ml/week? With the TRT clinic, will your health insurance cover it ir are you having to pay out of pocket? I'm surprised they put you on anything after only one test and with decent Test numbers. But they probably want to make money

Quote Originally Posted by fit_deskjocky View Post
    Your test is decent for a 43 year old. What was your Free Test? so they are putting you on 1.2ml/week? With the TRT clinic, will your health insurance cover it ir are you having to pay out of pocket? I'm surprised they put you on anything after only one test and with decent Test numbers. But they probably want to make money
    It's decent, on the lower end of mid range. As the doc said, it's arbitrary...if you have symptoms....then that number means nothing. Which I agree with that thinking.
    So I want to see if I can get certain things to be better....i.e., sleep, more energy (I have days where I feel more lethargic and not looking forward to my workouts), libido has good days and not good days, and some other things.

It is (in his write up) 200mg/ml 1.2 ml injection every week. So is that putting me around 250mg (well 240mg? Kinda high if so
    I was was wanting to be about 150 mg a week to start. But I will go with what the doc says on this.

Their test did not give free test number. But I took blood work earlier in the day w/ my PCP for upcoming physical.
    That I requested to have free test, so waiting for those results.

I am paying out of pocket

I agree, they probably want to make money.
    But I would also say being a 43 year old, they look at that and say he will start at some point regardless.....

But like I said above and what the doc said, and I think it makes sense. To me at least.
    The number itself is arbitrary. A 400 for one person may just be fine if all he does is sit on the couch and does very little exercise.
    But for someone who is active and does a lot....the number may not be a good spot.....you may do better at 700

And plus I am ready to try something at this point.
    Things feel off to me as of late. As I mentioned above sleep, energy, libido
    I have also noticed it takes less calories for me to put on and hold weight (like 3000-3500, where as before to put on weight I would need to be 4200-4500)
    I have reached a plateau in the gym with my lifts....I hit it hard and numbers don't move much, but in the process I am just tearing up my joints.
    Last edited by MityMax96; 02-16-2021 at 07:31 AM.

They gave me 3mL syringes
    Derek over MPMD is right....they are like a damn harpoon. LOL

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    3 ml syringes for TRT?? You only use .2 of an ml for a trt injection. What a waste.

3 ml syringes for TRT?? You only use .2 of an ml for a trt injection. What a waste.
    Yeah I agree.
    But that is what they gave me since I wanted to do the injections at home.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ehh, they’re cheap as hell, so it’s not really an issue. That’s all I have kicking around, and even with constant TRT, some cycles requiring daily pins and using two of them due to pin swapping (draw vs inject), I still don’t even spend $50 a year on the things.

Last night I had really good sleep. I was tired, and even other times I have been tired, I would not have good sleep. Even taking ZzzQuil, I wouldn't have the best sleep
    But last night I slept good and woke up feeling really good this morning.
    Hoping it continues!! If it is the test helping with it.

Following up if people are interested in my test.
    So at the clinic, (apt was at 1pm), Test came back around 400ng/dL
    Earlier that day, at 8am, I had blood work w/ my PCP. The results came back from that one. 614 ng/dL
    The only thing I had been doing prior to these blood draws was exercise, food and taking Boron. No serm or anything.

Looking back over my blood work results from my PCP, looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test_Blood_Work.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	180775

As a note, on 2/19/18, I had did three days of MK-2866, and needless to say it had crashed my test quick.
    9/25/18 I don't have anything in my log I keep for that day or time period, but I believe I had just come off doing a SARM cycle about 2 weeks prior....no PCT done.
    The other dates where my test was higher, I had done a serm as well as Boron prior to bloods. Usually stopped about a week before I went and had blood drawn.

This current result for 2/15/21, as I said was boron only, nothing else.

Is it better to do the dose the way the doc recommended, 1x/week
    Or split the dose, and do twice a week, about 4 days apart?
    I remember seeing a chart showing that after about 4 days, the test level begins to drop....
    Last edited by MityMax96; 02-20-2021 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information