Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By Ernst
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By Charlie67
  • 1 Post By warchild
  • 2 Post By powerliftmike
  • 1 Post By Meloncap78

Thread: What was your highest hemoglobin?

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

What was your highest hemoglobin?

Just came back from the donation place. Hemoglobin was 18.4. Kind of surprised because I took a much higher dose before and it was 17.2. Got me wondering what everyone else’s is during the 2-3 month mark of a cycle.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    16-17

I don't think I've seen a higher one yet

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Usually mid 18s, been as high as 19 before even 20

Krb367 is offline Associate Member
    17.2 around 5 weeks after last deca pin

Just TRT, in between 15.9 & 16.8

Thanks guys. Cuz, now I don’t feel so bad lol.

I guess not a lot of people pay attention to the hemoglobin or donate. Hopefully more chime in.

Blog Entries
    I’ll let mine climb for a bit this time

Since pulling back off so much gear, I’m gonna see how well I do without a blood donation for prob about 4-5 months

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Thanks guys. Cuz, now I don’t feel so bad lol.

I guess not a lot of people pay attention to the hemoglobin or donate. Hopefully more chime in.
    Yeah i could be naturally high plus gear use even more so. The time i got a reading of 20 was in my left arm and they tried in my right and it came to 19.2 . Its time for me to donate again, I feel im mid 18 s shortness of breath and fatigue sets in and effects my workouts

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Yeah i could be naturally high plus gear use even more so. The time i got a reading of 20 was in my left arm and they tried in my right and it came to 19.2 . Its time for me to donate again, I feel im mid 18 s shortness of breath and fatigue sets in and effects my workouts
    I pretty much always feel like that around the 2 month mark. I’ve always heard that sleep apnea can also cause hemoglobin to increase. So, finally contacted the place that did my sleep apnea test to get me on a CPAP. Even if I don’t use it everyday, I just want to have that option.

Other than that, I guess we just have to donate when we start feeling this way.

Blog Entries
    I always feel way better after donating - seem to breathe better & just feel lighter on my feet

Prob is, you don’t wanna over donate either - going anemic wouldn’t be all that great + it will skew other blood work metrics
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I always feel way better after donating - seem to breathe better & just feel lighter on my feet

Prob is, you don’t wanna over donate either - going anemic wouldn’t be all that great + it will skew other blood work metrics
    Just checked by BP and it's 99/56... can't be right lmao.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Mine is abnormally high all the time.

Off cycle I can be 17.7 and it goes up from there. I don't honestly remember what it's topped out at, just that it was right below the threshold where they don't let you donate. I have never experienced any negative sides from this and BP is fine.

The nurses are always impressed (not in a good way) when I go to donate.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Just checked by BP and it's 99/56... can't be right lmao.
    Word

After the whole “brain thing” my bp requires me to be on BP meds for life - no matter what I do. . . . Without both meds it rides right around 150/85+

On meds, it’s the same as it was before all of this happened

Everything else seems to be doing better - all my BW checks out - so far

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was 18.4 two weeks ago when I donated. They had a hell of a time getting enough blood to flow freely. I barely made the minimum amount to make the donation "successful". Had my physician ordered blood work 3 days later, and it was 17.7. His note said "you should donate blood immediately"

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    18.6. I donate every 3-4 months and stay at around 16. Red Cross wont let you donate if you're over 20 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    I was 18.4 two weeks ago when I donated. They had a hell of a time getting enough blood to flow freely. I barely made the minimum amount to make the donation "successful". Had my physician ordered blood work 3 days later, and it was 17.7. His note said "you should donate blood immediately"
    Damn, maybe it takes a while for the hemoglobin to decrease.

I feel much better now, a few days after donating. Up until yesterday i felt like shit mentally. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I seem to get that way during fluctuations, so maybe donating caused it.

I should have asked you guys what compounds you were taking when you ran high, just as a point of reference. I was taking a couple 100 mgs of deca , test, and primo.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    So I may be able to provide some insight as I have discussed this with a hematologist before. First he says males in sport should target about 17, which is on the higher end of normal. Testosterone and some AAS can increase erythropoiesis, but other factors such as sleep apnea (common in heavier guys), smoking, and training at altitude can as well.

Phlebotomy, or blood donation, is one solution to lower it; but the American Red Cross will do a finger prick and reject you if you are over 20.0 [safety flag]. I have been 20.1 before. 18-19 range is more normal when on stuff. However, as discussed with Dr., these general blood tests can be misleading as many times we are fasted (for purposes of blood glucose) and give a sample in a dehydrated state. You can lower the number by drinking loads of water prior and why hydration is extremely important for athletes using Epogen.

All else equal having thicker blood will increase stroke and clot risks. There is a condition called haemochromatosis, which I believe is most common in white men that can also lead to big problems, but this is related to iron stores in the body and may not lead to increases in hemoglobin, but likely will. This can be ruled out on bloodwork looking at ferritin and other markers in a routine panel.
    Cuz and Test Monsterone like this.

Meloncap78 is offline Associate Member
    That’s a Hematocrit of 55 Test. Probably as high as I would push it. This will be the first time I’ve gone without a donation on cycle. Being my first run with tren I may donate this weekend just to be safe. There is a calculator for hemoglobin to hematocrit online. Omni calculator I believe.

Thread Information