Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ascendant

Thread: Slight Numbness in Lower Front Quads During Bulking Cycle?

ascendant is offline Senior Member

Slight Numbness in Lower Front Quads During Bulking Cycle?

Ok, so I started my first cycle since getting back into working out. Started the cycle on 1/21 last month. I may have gotten a bit overzealous with it (kickstarted with 50mg dbol /day, along with test and deca ). Within the last four weeks, I have put on mass ridiculously fast. A 20lb gain and only about a 0.5% bodyfat increase. Yes, I know a large portion of this is extra water-weight and increased blood volume (my pumps are insane), but nonetheless, looking at before and after photos, along with the strength gains, my body is exploding with growth.

With that said, I'm not sure exactly what is going on here. I noticed the other day when I was shaving my thighs that my lower quads were just ever so slightly numb. Not completely numb, but enough to be able to notice. Almost like a very faint feeling of your legs falling asleep from sleeping on them wrong, but just from about 6" above my knees down to the base of the quads (just above the knee caps). Just the front of my quads, not the hamstrings or sides of my thighs either.

Of course, when I first noticed, it freaked me out. No skin discoloration, it's not getting worse (from what I can tell so far), my strength is still well more than there, the quads are rock solid, and overall no other issue other than the mild numbness.

I have a feeling that the numbness has something to do with the muscular growth. Possibly the muscles putting too much pressure on nerves, the nerves having a hard time keeping up with the muscle growth, or something like that. I mean checking my bodyfat was very challenging, as the skin on my tricep and thigh pinch sites are both ridiculously tight. Seems like other things are having a hard time keeping up with the muscle growth.

Anyway, I'm easing back on my test and deca a bit, as I definitely don't feel I need it. I'm actually probably going to cut the entire cycle short, as I already put on the mass I was hoping to. But, was hoping someone could shed some light on what's going on with this numbness in my lower quads? Anyone ever experience something similar? Could it be something serious that needs medical attention, or just time for my body to adjust? Could it be permanent, or most likely just temporary? Never dealt with anything like this in all my prior cycles (years ago when I was younger and did 4-5 cycles over a few years), so hoping someone can ease my concerns here, or at least let me know it does require immediate medical attention. No insurance, so trying to avoid a huge medical bill if I can do so.
    DustMan likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant View Post
    Ok, so I started my first cycle since getting back into working out. Started the cycle on 1/21 last month. I may have gotten a bit overzealous with it (kickstarted with 50mg dbol /day, along with test and deca ). Within the last four weeks, I have put on mass ridiculously fast. A 20lb gain and only about a 0.5% bodyfat increase. Yes, I know a large portion of this is extra water-weight and increased blood volume (my pumps are insane), but nonetheless, looking at before and after photos, along with the strength gains, my body is exploding with growth.

With that said, I'm not sure exactly what is going on here. I noticed the other day when I was shaving my thighs that my lower quads were just ever so slightly numb. Not completely numb, but enough to be able to notice. Almost like a very faint feeling of your legs falling asleep from sleeping on them wrong, but just from about 6" above my knees down to the base of the quads (just above the knee caps). Just the front of my quads, not the hamstrings or sides of my thighs either.

Of course, when I first noticed, it freaked me out. No skin discoloration, it's not getting worse (from what I can tell so far), my strength is still well more than there, the quads are rock solid, and overall no other issue other than the mild numbness.

I have a feeling that the numbness has something to do with the muscular growth. Possibly the muscles putting too much pressure on nerves, the nerves having a hard time keeping up with the muscle growth, or something like that. I mean checking my bodyfat was very challenging, as the skin on my tricep and thigh pinch sites are both ridiculously tight. Seems like other things are having a hard time keeping up with the muscle growth.

Anyway, I'm easing back on my test and deca a bit, as I definitely don't feel I need it. I'm actually probably going to cut the entire cycle short, as I already put on the mass I was hoping to. But, was hoping someone could shed some light on what's going on with this numbness in my lower quads? Anyone ever experience something similar? Could it be something serious that needs medical attention, or just time for my body to adjust? Could it be permanent, or most likely just temporary? Never dealt with anything like this in all my prior cycles (years ago when I was younger and did 4-5 cycles over a few years), so hoping someone can ease my concerns here, or at least let me know it does require immediate medical attention. No insurance, so trying to avoid a huge medical bill if I can do so.
    You don't pin in your quads, do you? Never knicked a nerve when shooting? I would go see a chiropractor first. They might be able to help you.

Albedo121 is offline Junior Member
    Honestly - given what you're describing it wouldn't surprise me at all that you're getting this from small areas not getting proper blood flow. Your fascia might not be stretched enough to handle the mass yet and the tightness is limiting some flow. 20lbs in 4 weeks is no joke lol. If it doesn't subside in the next few weeks I would probably go get it checked out but sadly there's not much they can do outside of an ultrasound to look for any clots in the leg or worst case a CT to look for anything they can't see on ultrasound.

Thread Information