Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By warchild
  • 1 Post By Murph9

Thread: Low dose Deca blast - what to expect

  1. #1
    normalkev is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8

    Low dose Deca blast - what to expect

    Hey all,

    Iím in my early 40s and started TRT a couple years ago. Iím running 170mg test per week and am thinking of adding in 200mg deca for a small blast for the next 10 weeks. My goal is to build a little bit of muscle and look good for my age. What can I expect at this dose? Iíve been training off and on over the years. Iím only 160 lbs at 13-14% bf. I donít ever plan on running anything at high dose since longevity is my goal but i would also like a little boost since Iím already in my 40s and donít have years to build a great physique naturally. I will be eating 300 cals above my TDEE to minimize fat gain and training upper/lower 4x per week with an add on shoulder and abs day. Thanks!

    Kev


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,907
    You probably wont see a whole lot of change from 200 deca + TRT test alone, but since you are not very heavy, the dose may be sufficient for you. I would increase the test a bit to at least a 1:1 ratio. It's something that's commonly recommended in order to avoid "deca dick," and libido issues. I've personally used Deca at a dose a little higher than test and didn't notice any definitive sexual side effects related to deca, but this is at low-moderate doses.
    Krb367 and Testie like this.

  3. #3
    normalkev is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    You probably wont see a whole lot of change from 200 deca + TRT test alone, but since you are not very heavy, the dose may be sufficient for you. I would increase the test a bit to at least a 1:1 ratio. It's something that's commonly recommended in order to avoid "deca dick," and libido issues. I've personally used Deca at a dose a little higher than test and didn't notice any definitive sexual side effects related to deca, but this is at low-moderate doses.
    Thanks for the response. I wanted to see how I react to a low dose. If i can put on 4-6 lbs of muscle in 10 weeks I would be happy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Krb367's Avatar
    Krb367 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    267
    You’re going to need to run the deca longer than 10 weeks for those 4-6 lbs. 8-10 weeks is the sweet spot for things to finally get rolling.

    IMO I’d plan for 14 weeks

  5. #5
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,989
    Aside from maybe some joint relief? Probably not much.
    Testie likes this.

  6. #6
    normalkev is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8
    Ok, thank you all. I have enough to run it longer. I will see what I can get this run and bump it up next time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,783
    When I added deca to my TRT I went from 210 to 230. Some d-bol helped but I stay at 230 sub 15% BF. I felt like deca was the magic equation for adding mass for my body type.
    Krb367 likes this.

  8. #8
    Murph9 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Krb367 View Post
    You’re going to need to run the deca longer than 10 weeks for those 4-6 lbs. 8-10 weeks is the sweet spot for things to finally get rolling.

    IMO I’d plan for 14 weeks
    This. I run Deca for 16 weeks. That the sweet spot for me.
    Krb367 likes this.

  9. #9
    normalkev is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    When I added deca to my TRT I went from 210 to 230. Some d-bol helped but I stay at 230 sub 15% BF. I felt like deca was the magic equation for adding mass for my body type.
    Awesome, what dose and how long did you run it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    normalkev is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph9 View Post
    This. I run Deca for 16 weeks. That the sweet spot for me.
    Thanks, wish I could run it longer but need to cut for a vacation this summer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Wannabhuge14 is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by normalkev View Post
    Thanks, wish I could run it longer but need to cut for a vacation this summer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why cut immediately after a bulk?

  12. #12
    normalkev is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabhuge14 View Post
    Why cut immediately after a bulk?
    I have a 2 week beach vacation 6 weeks after my last planned dose. Iím already on TRT so I donít have to worry about any restart issues.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Testie's Avatar
    Testie is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    215
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by normalkev View Post
    Hey all,

    I’m in my early 40s and started TRT a couple years ago. I’m running 170mg test per week and am thinking of adding in 200mg deca for a small blast for the next 10 weeks. My goal is to build a little bit of muscle and look good for my age. What can I expect at this dose? I’ve been training off and on over the years. I’m only 160 lbs at 13-14% bf. I don’t ever plan on running anything at high dose since longevity is my goal but i would also like a little boost since I’m already in my 40s and don’t have years to build a great physique naturally. I will be eating 300 cals above my TDEE to minimize fat gain and training upper/lower 4x per week with an add on shoulder and abs day. Thanks!

    Kev


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have taken 200 mg of Deca purely for my joints and noticed a difference, I would say that I would consider upping your test up a bit, honestly I think you would get better results just by upping your test unless you just wanna try Deca, I think it’s a good drug but not pound for pound with test...just my opinion Good luck my Brother!

  14. #14
    normalkev is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Testie View Post
    I have taken 200 mg of Deca purely for my joints and noticed a difference, I would say that I would consider upping your test up a bit, honestly I think you would get better results just by upping your test unless you just wanna try Deca, I think itís a good drug but not pound for pound with test...just my opinion Good luck my Brother!
    Thank you! I was on 200 for my TRT and I hard a hard time with estrogen control and lots of emotional issues. I feel terrible taking arimidex so I dropped to 170. I think I am going to order some NPP and up my deca to 300.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •