Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 4 Post By jstone
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By redz

Thread: Edema in legs/feet from Dbol???

  1. #1
    ascendant's Avatar
    ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    1,892

    Edema in legs/feet from Dbol???

    I noticed a few days ago that I had swelling in my feet. Pretty bad too. Like my feet were a little difficult to put into my sneakers, as it was tight. Had to loosen the laces a little.

    I'm in the middle of a cycle (first one in over a decade). About five weeks into it now. I may have been a bit overzealous as far as the dbol . I was taking 50mg/day. Also taking 600mg test/wk and 400mg Deca /wk. I've put on about 25lbs since I started it, but I know a lot of it is water-weight. Since I realized the edema, I weaned my way down on the dbol and stopped taking it altogether yesterday, as I saw multiple other instances where people got edema from dbol.

    I took an OTC diuretic to try and reduce the water weight. Didn't seem to help. I also figured I should up my Adex dose. So, been taking 1mg of it per day for the last 3 days. Still doesn't seem to have made a difference, although my nipples aren't as tender anymore.

    I was a bit wary that maybe the Adex I had may have been bunk. So, I got some from another source I have used for years. Switched to that one two days ago. Still no difference.

    If it was from the dbol, about how long after stopping it should I notice a difference? I mean other than the edema, no other issues. I'm just worried because I see horror stories as to what else can cause edema and don't want to risk my health here. At the same time, I have no health insurance currently and really don't want to miss a day of work to go to a clinic. I never dealt with this in the past though, and used dbol twice in my younger years. But, I also never put weight on this quickly, and wondering if the edema might be a part of a side-effect of how fast I gained. Almost like I gained so fast that certain body functions are having a hard time keeping up?

    I appreciate any feedback you guys have. I'm freaking out a bit, but again, no health insurance (plus three kids to financially support), so unless it seems this could be serious, I want to try and give it a little more time before heading to a doctor. I did consider doing one of those walk-in clinics at a Publix, as I could do that tomorrow after work so I don't miss any work for it. However, not sure if a video chat with a doctor is going to get me any answers. I have a feeling that if I need to see a doctor, they're going to want to see me face-to-face, most likely order tests as well. Please let me know what you guys think, if anyone else dealt with something similar, how long it took to subside, etc.?

  2. #2
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,989
    You say it's the first cycle in over a decade, but have you taken deca and dbol before? And how many weeks were you planning to take the dbol?

  3. #3
    ascendant's Avatar
    ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    You say it's the first cycle in over a decade, but have you taken deca and dbol before? And how many weeks were you planning to take the dbol?
    Yes, I've taken both before. No issues at all back then when I did. I don't remember the dosing back then, but same exact compounds during one of the cycles, test, dbol , and deca .

    The dbol was going to be five weeks, so I stopped it just days short of when I was going to anyway.

    This whole thing is just completely foreign to me. I mean I took off my socks earlier, and there was actually indentations of where the socks were for a while. But, I feel fine, other than getting winded easier than usual, which I figure was a result of the excess water-weight.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,458
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant View Post
    Yes, I've taken both before. No issues at all back then when I did. I don't remember the dosing back then, but same exact compounds during one of the cycles, test, dbol , and deca .

    The dbol was going to be five weeks, so I stopped it just days short of when I was going to anyway.

    This whole thing is just completely foreign to me. I mean I took off my socks earlier, and there was actually indentations of where the socks were for a while. But, I feel fine, other than getting winded easier than usual, which I figure was a result of the excess water-weight.
    You were much younger when you took them last.

    Are you 58yrs old now?

    Can't expect an older body to put on 25lbs and not get some side effects.
    Honkey_Kong and ascendant like this.

  5. #5
    jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,440
    just like DD said its getting older causing the issues. your body just doesn't react the same. otc diuretics dont do a whole lot, they will bring down some water retention, but dont expect reversal over night.

    you adex may be good what people dont realize with adex is that it will do nothing for the estrogen that has already been converted. thats why i do not lime the wait and see approach with adex. if you start experiencing sides its to late. so do not keep upping the adex once the estrogen that has already been converted runs its course then the sides will subside. if you keep upping the adex next thing you know your e2 will be zero and you will feel like shit.

  6. #6
    ascendant's Avatar
    ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    You were much younger when you took them last.

    Are you 58yrs old now?

    Can't expect an older body to put on 25lbs and not get some side effects.
    43 currently. I was probably around 28 or so when I did my last cycle, so further back than I originally considered.

    And yea, you're absolutely right. I know since I'm older, I should expect more side effects, especially at these heavier doses for faster gains. I'm just trying to make sure these gains aren't coming at potentially life-threatening risks.

    The only edema issue that seems like it would be immediately life-threatening would be a blood clot. However, while I seem to have slightly more swelling in my right ankle/foot than my left, I do have it in both, which makes me feel that is not the issue.

    So, I guess just stay off the dbol , take a break from the cycle for a bit, and my body should ease its way back to normal, right?

  7. #7
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,499
    You jumped in a little overboard with the dosing. That cycle will produce alot of estrogen half your gains are water at least. Ive had same issues running dbol and nandrolone together in the summer. I work 12 hr shifts and walk around on concrete, same type of swelling runnin alot of gear. Id try adex at .5 eod, if you continue with huge leaps like 3mg of adex total in just three days will you feel like a truck ran over you. Set the dbol aside and get your estrogen in line and things will be for the better. Checked your blood pressure?

  8. #8
    ascendant's Avatar
    ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    You jumped in a little overboard with the dosing. That cycle will produce alot of estrogen half your gains are water at least. Ive had same issues running dbol and nandrolone together in the summer. I work 12 hr shifts and walk around on concrete, same type of swelling runnin alot of gear. Id try adex at .5 eod, if you continue with huge leaps like 3mg of adex total in just three days will you feel like a truck ran over you. Set the dbol aside and get your estrogen in line and things will be for the better. Checked your blood pressure?
    Yea, I did put on some serious mass, as can be seen from before and after pictures. But, I'd say you're right about a lot being water weight.

    I definitely went overboard. Guess I was overzealous since I never had any issues when I was younger, am in great shape for my age at this point, and wanted to add mass quick and get to where I wanted to be to maintain. Now, I'm realizing why there are limits to cycles and how fast someone should try to gain.

    This cycle did a toll on me. The water weight, jacked up my rotator cuffs (had prior issues, and the joints couldn't keep up with the rapid strength gains), tight skin (most likely from the water and overall weight gain), annihilated my cardiovascular system (couldn't keep up either) and with how I've been feeling, I haven't worked out in a week.

    Easing off this cycle, easing back on the Adex (so I don't crash like others suggested), and going to spend some time letting everything catch up to the muscle I gained. Put more time into cardio and stretching while trying to maintain the muscle as best as I can.

    Maybe in a couple more months, start a more mild cutting cycle to refine what I have. Or, depending how much mass I have, a more mild bulking cycle. I'll have to see when the time comes. But, lesson learned on my part as far as moderation and the consequences of jumping in too heavy too fast with a cycle.

    I really appreciate everyone's feedback. The edema thing really had me freaked out.

  9. #9
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    14,014
    Itís so weird how things can be different on different cycles. I was my leanest in my avatar on 900mg deca /week and 75mg dbol Ed. Clean diet though for sure.

  10. #10
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,499
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant View Post
    Yea, I did put on some serious mass, as can be seen from before and after pictures. But, I'd say you're right about a lot being water weight.

    I definitely went overboard. Guess I was overzealous since I never had any issues when I was younger, am in great shape for my age at this point, and wanted to add mass quick and get to where I wanted to be to maintain. Now, I'm realizing why there are limits to cycles and how fast someone should try to gain.

    This cycle did a toll on me. The water weight, jacked up my rotator cuffs (had prior issues, and the joints couldn't keep up with the rapid strength gains), tight skin (most likely from the water and overall weight gain), annihilated my cardiovascular system (couldn't keep up either) and with how I've been feeling, I haven't worked out in a week.

    Easing off this cycle, easing back on the Adex (so I don't crash like others suggested), and going to spend some time letting everything catch up to the muscle I gained. Put more time into cardio and stretching while trying to maintain the muscle as best as I can.

    Maybe in a couple more months, start a more mild cutting cycle to refine what I have. Or, depending how much mass I have, a more mild bulking cycle. I'll have to see when the time comes. But, lesson learned on my part as far as moderation and the consequences of jumping in too heavy too fast with a cycle.

    I really appreciate everyone's feedback. The edema thing really had me freaked out.
    You will be fine, your smart and disciplined enough to cut it back. The temptation to swell up super quick is always there.

    To be fair, i try to gain 10lbs a year of muscle. I am happy with that
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

  11. #11
    XnavyHMCS is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    It’s so weird how things can be different on different cycles. I was my leanest in my avatar on 900mg deca/week and 75mg dbol Ed. Clean diet though for sure.
    Damn, redz...???

    900 Deca /wk...??? I'm not really interested in your dick, but for me, 900/wk would probably sterilize me for life, rendering me impotent into eternity...

    Wow!

    How did you manage with the infamous Deca-dick!

  12. #12
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    14,014
    No issues down there with 900mg deca , I only ran 250mg test e also no ai or prolactin inhibitor.

    Currently running 600mg with 250mg test e, 50mcg T3 and 5ius HGH. Going to add back in the dbol again in a couple weeks.

    I’m a firm believer low test eliminates the majority of sides from other compounds or atleast minimizes them.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •