Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Chark
  • 1 Post By Tigershark
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: Acne!

Chark is offline Member

Acne!

I'd like to share what i've been learned and found effective in battling steroid acne without accutane. I'm sure many of you use most of these but hopefully there's something you find helpful or can add.

The products:

Benzoyl peroxide: Obvious one. Creates an oxygen-rich environment in which bacteria cannot grow. Get the 2.5% gel. The products in stores are 10% BP and there's evidence that 10% is more effective than 2.5% and it may aggravate your skin more.

Salicylic acid: Very common one used by many, no need to elaborate on this antibacterial.

Retinoids: I use Differin (adapalene). Will take months to do it's thing but this is as important as it gets, topical accutane.

Non comedogenic moisturing cream/washes: You need to moisturize every time you get wet.

Face mask: I use this 2x week only, Queen Helen's mint julep is a cult favorite

Jojoba oil: THIS was the difference maker for me and it's counterintuitive. I was doing the routine below and not getting where I wanted. Jojoba oil is the closest mimic to your skin's sebum. Steroids can kick your sebum production into overdrive. I have oily skin, but I find if I put jojoba on after getting wet my skin produces LESS oil. I believe my skin recognizes the oil is there and doesn't massively produce it's own oil.

Clindamycin: I haven't used this topical antibiotic yet but I have on hand in case it get's bad. I tend to break out when I take stuff like anavar that crushes my SHBG into the ground and frees up test.

My current protocol:

Morning: Rinse with water only, trying to allow skin to have some balance and not overdo it with the washes. Salicylic pad over areas (as long as skin isn't dry, if it is skip this entirely), moisturizing cream, jojoba oil

Night: Shower immediately after gym. Use Cerave non-comedogenic wash with a horse-hair dry brush. With some guidance from Sampson&D, he pointed out to me that that horse-hair brushes don't carry the bacteria that my loofah was doing. I didn't list above but i'll use an astringent with a pad after i get out of the shower and dry off. Make sure to pat dry and do your best to avoid picking. I then use adapalene gel, benzoyl peroxide gel, Cerave moisturizing cream, and jojoba oil.

Anyone discover anything else that you've found helpful?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Blade body wash has done wonders for my acne. You can find it at CVS and Target. I also tan which also helps. My cycles are not anything for competing, just fitness health and labido. All of this is really good information you posted. Just wanted to share what I use.
    Chark likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Salicylic acid body wash didn't do much for my back acne. For me what helps is keeping it clean, showering right after sweating/working out, using fresh shirts to go to bed, and taking finasteride to reduce DHT.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Salicylic acid body wash didn't do much for my back acne. For me what helps is keeping it clean, showering right after sweating/working out, using fresh shirts to go to bed, and taking finasteride to reduce DHT.
    I could never get one or two products to work for me. In teen years I dealt with acne on my face exclusively and probably overdid it with the washing further irritating my skin. Now I don’t get on face but instead chest/back, go figure. I am happy with that switch at my age though and I’ll count myself lucky it’s on the milder side. I’m sure like guys who experience hair loss, you quickly research yourself into an expert on the topic. I’ve been trying just about everything, good suggestion on clean sheets/shirts, I should’ve added that to OP. I also use high end shampoo/conditioner. I couldn’t get Austinite’s b5/zinc/pycnogenol I ran for a couple months to work well enough but kept the zinc/pyco going. I’ve been using saw palmetto too and a really good multi (one I think I saw Windex suggest)

Thread Information