Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 3 Post By Chark

Thread: Conflicting information

Nerveblock67 is offline New Member

Conflicting information

Hi all,
    I'm still in the process of learning about a first cycle and going through all of the stickies and all that. There's a ton of great information but I've noticed a couple conflicting things in the stickies. The first one that stood out was on HCG .
    The "how to run your first cycle" thread suggests:
    - Week 1 to 12: Testosterone enanthate @ 250 mg every 3.5 days (500mg/week total)
    - Week 1 to 12: hCG @ 250 iu every 3.5 days (500 iu/week total)
    - Week 1 to 14: Arimidex @ 0.25mg every other day (From day 2 up until PCT starts)

as in, running HCG throughout the duration of the test cycle. I'm still several months out from beginning my first cycle but I like this cycle due to it being clear cut and makes perfect sense.

However, the sticky on HCG itself suggests running HCG starting in the last four weeks of the cycle and throughout PCT. Just wanted to get some clarification/advice. I'll post more as I run across them but wanted to at least get some questions out there.

Thanks in advance for the help.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hcg mimics the lutenizing hormone. Therefore when you are on PCT you are trying to get your body back to natural production. HCG during PCT does not allow that..::: your LH will not begin working until you stop HCG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AwareXx is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    This question is getting asked and answered a lot right now. It's probably easier to search the recent threads for the info you are looking for.

Edited to add: Opinions will vary. You should educate yourself and make the decision that seems right for you. Like I said in another thread, ask this question 'is having the testicles functioning (although at reduced capacity) better than not functioning at all?'
    I agree with this. Educate yourself more, all we can give are perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by AwareXx View Post
    I agree with this. Educate yourself more, all we can give are perspectives.

Definitely trying to get as much understanding as possible which is why I'm taking my time. I've read all the stickies and am just looking to understand more which is why I was thrown off by the conflicting info, especially in stickies.

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerveblock67 View Post
    Definitely trying to get as much understanding as possible which is why I'm taking my time. I've read all the stickies and am just looking to understand more which is why I was thrown off by the conflicting info, especially in stickies.
    The reason it's conflicting is because best practices change. The sticky is from many years ago. That's not to say it's wrong information, what it suggests is tried and true. Either option is fine but the thinking now is it's some amount better to run during cycle. If it weren't nobody would bother with it. Maintaining some testicular function is better than allowing them to go dormant for several months.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerveblock67 View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm still in the process of learning about a first cycle and going through all of the stickies and all that. There's a ton of great information but I've noticed a couple conflicting things in the stickies. The first one that stood out was on HCG .
    The "how to run your first cycle" thread suggests:
    - Week 1 to 12: Testosterone enanthate @ 250 mg every 3.5 days (500mg/week total)
    - Week 1 to 12: hCG @ 250 iu every 3.5 days (500 iu/week total)
    - Week 1 to 14: Arimidex @ 0.25mg every other day (From day 2 up until PCT starts)

as in, running HCG throughout the duration of the test cycle. I'm still several months out from beginning my first cycle but I like this cycle due to it being clear cut and makes perfect sense.

However, the sticky on HCG itself suggests running HCG starting in the last four weeks of the cycle and throughout PCT. Just wanted to get some clarification/advice. I'll post more as I run across them but wanted to at least get some questions out there.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    The idea in the sticky is to get the testes functioning and producing testosterone on their own before you start the PCT The threat itself thinks it is better to run HCG throughout the cycle so that your testes never actually shut down testosterone production.

Off the top of my head, I tend to agree that you'll be more likely to recover sooner during/after PCT if your testes never stop producing test and never atrophy verses letting them atrophy and completely shut down and reviving them at the end.

You're going to find on a lot of topics one person will say one thing, while another tells you something totally different. The fact is there are many differing opinions on a lot of things. Don't entirely trust what one person says blindly. Research why they think you should do that. And research why people who have opinions to do something differently suggest that. And if you're not sure, then don't do the cycle.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 05-28-2021 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    The idea in the sticky is to get the testes functioning and producing testosterone on their own before you start the PCT The threat itself thinks it is better to run HCG throughout the cycle so that your testes never actually shut down testosterone production.

Off the top of my head, I tend to agree that you'll be more likely to recover sooner during/after PCT if your testes never stop producing test and never atrophy verses letting them atrophy and completely shut down and reviving them at the end.

You're going to find on a lot of topics one person will say one thing, while another tells you something totally different. The fact is there are many differing opinions on a lot of things. Don't entirely trust what one person says blindly. Research why they think you should do that. And research why people who have opinions to do something differently suggest that. And if you're not sure, then don't do the cycle.
    Thanks for the response. I'll do plenty more reading but this definitely clear some things up.

Thread Information