Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Knee pain & swelling after Quad injection. WTF????

Wallstreetbully is offline Junior Member

Knee pain & swelling after Quad injection. WTF????

Monday morning I pinned my left quad with
    1cc of Test E (300mg). The pin went well, & I trained legs 45 minutes after. Injection site isn't really sore at all, but today I have soreness & swelling right above my knee. It actually got worse as the day progressed.
    Someone please tell me what this could be.
    Is this anything I should worry about, & does this mean the gear is now wasted? I went the full inch into the muscle, so I have no idea 😡
    Last edited by Wallstreetbully; 06-07-2016 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallstreetbully View Post
    Monday morning I pinned my left quad with
    1cc of Test E (300mg). The pin went well, & I trained legs 45 minutes after. Injection site isn't really sore at all, but today I have soreness & swelling right above my knee. It actually got worse as the day progressed.
    Someone please tell me what this could be.
    Is this anything I should worry about, & does this mean the gear is now wasted? I went the full inch into the muscle, so I have no idea ��
    Anyone?

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Give time more people will respond

But to.me seems like gear might not have been absorbed well.

Have had this issue before. Even in delt, the pip was further down from the pin.

Keep an eye on it. Check for redness, , fever, and warm/hot to touch

Where in the quad did you pin?
    What size needle?

To me I am guessing you injected to far down your quad and the oil migrated down towards your knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Give time more people will respond

But to.me seems like gear might not have been absorbed well.

Have had this issue before. Even in delt, the pip was further down from the pin.

Keep an eye on it. Check for redness, , fever, and warm/hot to touch
    What exactly would those symptoms suggest.
    Thanks for responding

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Where in the quad did you pin?
    What size needle?

To me I am guessing you injected to far down your quad and the oil migrated down towards your knee.
    23g 1inch... Outer quad. A little lower than mid way between knee & hip.
    I pinned lower in my opposite quad last week, & didn't have this issue. That's why I went a tad higher this week. There's been bad pip after my first 3 pins. This is my first time tho, so all virgin muscles
    Last edited by Wallstreetbully; 06-08-2016 at 05:39 AM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Virgin quad with ugl gear will no doubt give pip amd soreness, ussually is nothing to be worried but if you develop fever and if site soreness increases it may mean infection.

Most ppl have problems with virgin quads, you probably injected mid quad but the best place is upper quad where pocket is located.

Gear is not wasted, it will be absoved.
    KINGKONG likes this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Virgin quad with ugl gear will no doubt give pip amd soreness, ussually is nothing to be worried but if you develop fever and if site soreness increases it may mean infection.

Most ppl have problems with virgin quads, you probably injected mid quad but the best place is upper quad where pocket is located.

Took the words outta my mouth I've had a lot of sore quad injects when I first started ime not much to worry about..I've never had a oil based infection or abcess not saying it doesn't happen just saying its rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

Ok.... I was reading that I may not have got the pin deep enough into the muscle, do the hear may have leaked out, & ran down the outside of the quad. The oil may have crashed right above the knee?

Not sure if it's possible, but it sounded kind of crazy.
    That's why I'm asking you guys. There seems to be plenty of knowledgeable folks on here

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Thanks for responding
    BB basically stated what it is in his response.

Those are symptoms of an infection

Alta is offline Associate Member
    I only pin quads (25G 1"), and the first few times I on cycle I get some knee pain and slight swelling.

Like others have said, unless you are experiencing signs of infection it's probably no big deal.

Once you get used to it, quads are the best spot IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Alta View Post
    I only pin quads (25G 1"), and the first few times I on cycle I get some knee pain and slight swelling.

Like others have said, unless you are experiencing signs of infection it's probably no big deal.

Once you get used to it, quads are the best spot IMO
    Why in the hell would a knee swell up & get pain
    after a quad injection? The actual sight of the pin feels just fine. Really seems like all the oil leaked down the quad, & stopped right above my knee. I was able to do cardio this morning tho. Wasn't too bad, so that's good I guess. As long as I'm ok, & the gear wasn't wasted, I'm cool
    With it.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallstreetbully
    Why in the hell would a knee swell up & get pain after a quad injection? The actual sight of the pin feels just fine. Really seems like all the oil leaked down the quad, & stopped right above my knee. I was able to do cardio this morning tho. Wasn't too bad, so that's good I guess. As long as I'm ok, & the gear wasn't wasted, I'm cool With it.
    sounds like you pinned to low on your quad and oil leaked out of the muscle

Alta is offline Associate Member
    Who knows. I get weird aches in the top of me knee from pinning sometimes, but it usually goes away.

Just wait until you hit a nerve on the way in and your quad flexes. That's super fun with a needle buried in your thigh. Or when you hit a vein and you get a mini geyser when you pull out the needle.

If you're fine today it was probably NBD. Next time put your palm on your hip bone, and pin where the end of your fingers touch the outside of your quad. Don't EVER pin the head (Vastus Medialus) though. Unless you have a week to push yourself around in a wheelchair it's a baaaaaad idea.

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    This is a great piece of advice. Thanks a lot! I've recently started experiencing knee pain after the injection. I addressed a shop trendy now customer service, bought a Doc Sleeve there, and keep on training. The pain is gone, but I didn't know what I did wrong. I guess it was NBD.
    Last edited by Frank777; 03-21-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You injected too low and it likely leaked out and irritated the tissue around your knee.

Nearly every time I injected in my quad, I would get intense PIP regardless of brand/strength. Shoulders and glute are much better locations.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for responding
    I am guessing; amputation... If aggressive surgical measures are not implemented forthwith, you are likely to lose the leg...

SPOILER: JOKE

Bro, most likely all of guys on here have experienced PIP and the migration of the injected solution/compound, in one or more places on the body. I have had it in both the shoulders and the quads.

It is so bad in my quads that I have not injected there for over two years. The vastus lateralis muscle (outer quad) is the most common injection site for medical personnel, when they choose the quad. It is a large muscle which theoretically can accommodate several cc's / ml's injected into this muscle. Not for me... Perhaps not for you...???

I inject into my pectoral and biceps muscles using insulin needles. If I am doing 2-3cc's, I put 1/2 in the left pec and 1/2 in the right. Same with biceps.

I will go with 3cc's into my glute on one side, and have no PIP.

So, if you find that quad injections are too painful, you can mix it up, jump around, rotate injection sites. Lot's of possibilities here, bro.

In any event, you are in good hands here on the forum.

Good luck.

Thread Information