Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Will my covid-10 vaccine work during a cycle?

TheDreamer is offline Associate Member

Will my covid-10 vaccine work during a cycle?

I just finished my test cycle but want to get vaccinated as soon as possible. Do you think I should wait more or it fine to get now just no now,? My last injection was a week ago. I was on test c. I am starting my pct soon too.

Get the vaccine ASAP.
    I got the first shot while on 300 test 300 mast and 20 Anavar .
    Getting my 2nd shot Monday.
    TheDreamer likes this.

I remember seeing an article claiming steroids ruined effectivity in vaccines. Is this true?

There is about a zero percent chance that any medical study has been done on anabolic steroid use and Covid vaccines.
    Hell, probably about a zero percent chance that any medical study has been done on anabolic steroid use and any vaccines.

You must be confusing it with corticosteroids.

Q: Should vaccines be withheld for patients on steroids ? A: Steroid therapies that are short term (less than 2 weeks); alternate- day; physiologic replacement; topical (skin or eyes); aerosol; or given by intra-articular, bursal, or tendon injection are not considered con- traindications to the use of live virus vaccines. The immunosuppressive effects of corticosteroid treatment vary, but many clinicians consider a dose equivalent to either 2 mg/kg of body weight or a total of 20 mg per day of prednisone for 2 or more weeks as sufficiently immunosup- pressive to raise concern about the safety of vaccination with live virus vaccines (e.g., MMR, varicella, LAIV, yellow fever). Providers should wait at least 1 month after discontinuation of therapy or reduction of dose before administering a live virus vaccine to patients who have received high systemically absorbed doses of corticosteroids for 2 weeks or more. Inactivated vaccines and toxoids can be administered to all immunocom- promised patients in usual doses and schedules, although the response to these vaccines may be suboptimal.

https://www.paho.org/immunization/to...onals.pdf?ua=1
    TheDreamer and gking3000 like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    This ^^^.

But, as Deca is used as an anti inflammatory, I’m curious if it could possibly have a negative effect when first getting the vaccination. Even if it was possible though, I’m sure it would be minimal.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    This ^^^.

But, as Deca is used as an anti inflammatory, I’m curious if it could possibly have a negative effect when first getting the vaccination. Even if it was possible though, I’m sure it would be minimal.
    an mRNA vaccine doesn't work in the same way a regular vaccine works. The mRNA actually inserts code for the bodies to produce a protein. A regular vaccine is just a "dead" or weakened form of the virus. and the body builds antibodies to fight.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Been about a month since my second shot of the Pfizer BioNtech vaccine.

I am 65 and I am very worried about the side effects that I experienced.... in the week after the second shot my penis grew about 3 inchs and is erect at the mere sight of women in spandex...this has me so worried I plan to get another shot to verify that the growth was indeed a result of the vaccination.

On a serious note I doubt that an increase in male hormones would cause the MRNA vaccines to not work/work as well...but who knows?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Mine turned out just fine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8464D9B3-B7DB-4B07-BF92-A97AB182A327.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	180969

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    an mRNA vaccine doesn't work in the same way a regular vaccine works. The mRNA actually inserts code for the bodies to produce a protein. A regular vaccine is just a "dead" or weakened form of the virus. and the body builds antibodies to fight.
    It’s recommended that you cease anti inflammatory meds prior to getting vaccinated as it may possibly make the person’s response less effective. The inflammatory response is different (although part of) from the immune response and it doesn’t matter that this vaccine is different.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I got my first vaccine 2 days after ending my last cycle. The second one I got last weekend (28 days later). After the first shot, I experienced nothing, not even pip. The second one gave me some good pip and I've felt more tired than usual since then, but it's been getting better. Also had body aches and a light fever the first couple of days, off and on. I was expecting some discomfort, so not surprised. Only time I wouldn't get the vaccine on cycle is if I felt like during the last month or so of my EQ cycle. Already felt horrible/tired/lethargic/flu-like half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    It’s recommended that you cease anti inflammatory meds prior to getting vaccinated as it may possibly make the person’s response less effective. The inflammatory response is different (although part of) from the immune response and it doesn’t matter that this vaccine is different.
    Cortisol?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    Cortisol?
    Ideally, when you first get flu symptoms it’s better to not take anti-inflammatory or other flu related meds. Your body wants the natural response such as fever, sneezing and coughing. The redness and warmth of your throat and respiratory tract is desirable. Yes, the symptoms including the pain suck, but it’s what is supposed to happen as the body’s natural response.

I only speculated about Deca , I can’t believe there would be any research as DD stated.

I got the Moderna first shot today. They did ask me about steroids . It looks like they can affect the immune system response to the vaccine. That was what the nurses told me.

My last injection was a week ago and I only got 100mg. This is what made me get the shot. If I was in the middle of a cycle I would probably quit getting it.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    No idea what COVID-10 is, but I got my first Pfizer COVID-19 injection yesterday and no steroids of any kind were mentioned, nor did they ask if I was on any medications.
    The only questions asked were:

Are you allergic to any medications?
    Have you recently received any other vaccinations?
    In which arm do you want the injection?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    No idea what COVID-10 is, but I got my first Pfizer COVID-19 injection yesterday and no steroids of any kind were mentioned, nor did they ask if I was on any medications.
    The only questions asked were:

Are you allergic to any medications?
    Have you recently received any other vaccinations?
    In which arm do you want the injection?
    Maybe it depends on the brand. I got the Moderna one. They did ask me about steroids like I mentioned.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    Maybe it depends on the brand. I got the Moderna one. They did ask me about steroids like I mentioned.
    Almost always, when they ask if you've been taking steroids , they're referring to corticosteroids.

Thread Information