Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By almostgone

Thread: Blood donation vs double red donation?

Bigbadwolf250 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Blood donation vs double red donation?

Sorry for somewhat of duplicate post but my rbc levels are high and been blasting and cruising for years and havnt donated blood so def want to start.

Scheduling for tmro should I go with the regular donation or double red one?

How's the recovery of the double red and how does it affect you in the gym and gains

Hoss34 is offline Junior Member
    I have never done a double red cell donation, but in your case if it has really been YEARS I would probably do it. Recovery is typically 48 hours if I remember correctly.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf250 View Post
    Sorry for somewhat of duplicate post but my rbc levels are high and been blasting and cruising for years and havnt donated blood so def want to start.

Scheduling for tmro should I go with the regular donation or double red one?

How's the recovery of the double red and how does it affect you in the gym and gains
    Just keep in mind that a double red may get you 2-3% lower Hct, but the flip side is you can't donate again for 112 days. Whole blood is every 56 days.

Neither type of blood donation will affect your gains. Take it easy that evening and eat a good meal. You'll be G2G
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-14-2021 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Fat thumbs...small phone
    Honkey_Kong, Chark and Cuz like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information