Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dece870717

Thread: "Cruising"

rootsnatty is offline Junior Member

"Cruising"

What do y'all think about cruising in general? Is bridging the right way to cruise (if there is a right way to do it, that is)? Anyone have any experience with it? How was it on the HPTA function?

I want to examine these questions but any other information about cruising or bridging would be greatly appreciated.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Whether someone decides to "cruise" or not should depend either on their goals or cruising cause they messed up their HPTA so much that their natural T levels are too low to function normal or too low from just aging.

And what I mean by goal is, if your goal is to be something like 5'9-6" at 240-280lbs at 6% bodyfat then you might as well cruise, cause you are most likely never going to reach that goal if you come off and never be able to maintain such muscle mass at a certain point without the roids. But if your goal is not set real high or pretty practical just keep to normal coming off/pct/good time off/go back on routine.

Some people can recover from long cruises and some people can't. DO NOT cruise or bridge unless you accept the possible consequence of having to be on TRT for the rest of your life!

NMacFar is offline Member
    I plan on cruising three weeks from today.

Dece, I've thought through both of those important considerations and I have concluded that I would be willing to cruise. My HPTA seems to be functioning a little worse than when I first started cycling, undoubtedly as the result of running so many long cycles. Regarding my goals, I am a bodybuilder and I want to achieve that kind of size, or bigger. So, at least in those respects cruising/blasting is something I think I want to try.

What I want is more information about cruising/blasting and bridging. I am really interested in hearing everyone's experiences with such a regimen. I believe a majority of what you get on the boards is speculation about what would happen if the inquirer were to try something new. Members on this forum, however, seem to have a great deal of experience, and that is what I want to draw on. Thanks for posting and I'm anxious to hear more!
    Last edited by rootsnatty; 08-02-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Basically you cruise at around 200-250mg/week of Test E or C, do something like 6-10 week of blasting of the anabolics of your choosing(depending on goals and what not), get off those extra roids, continue Test cruise, and eventually depending on how big you get you may have to raise your Test cruise dose at sometime down the line.

I STRONGLY suggest that if you are going to be cruising/blasting, that you get periodic blood work done. Over time your Hemoglobin and Hematocrit can get high and if it gets too high, you become a high risk for getting a blood clot/stroke/heart attack. If those do get too high, blood donations are going to be able to help get those levels down. Other than that, periodic blood work should be done to see how your cholesterol, liver, kidneys are doing and will be good indicators for knowing if you should wait longer before blasting up again or avoiding certain steroids that are too much on cholesterol or whatever.

If you don't have health insurance or whatever or want your blood work confidential you can use the site I use for personal blood work https://www.directlabs.com/ . Use coupon code TWSM and get 10% any orders and that coupon code has been working for a long ass time. Basically to use it, just pick what you wanted test, checkout and pay, they upload requisition to your account that you setup on their site, print it out, go to any of their clinics, give the person there the print out, they take blood, you get results usually within 24-48hrs.

Also EXTREMELY important are the supplement/drug aids you should use during cruising and blasting to help keep blood pressure, liver, kidney, prostate, cholesterol and etc. healthy!

Heres a list of various supplements that you can or should use...

Vitamin C
    Vitamin E
    Humanofort
    Fish Oil
    Flax Seed Oil
    Soluble Fiber
    CoQ10
    Vitamin D3
    Resveratrol
    Saw Palmetto
    Garlic
    Grape seed extract
    Hawthorne Berry
    Niacin (Flush Free)
    CLA
    NAC
    Cranberry Extract
    Green Tea Extract
    Cinnamon

Most of these are for keeping your cholesterol, blood pressure, and overall heart health good. Which really is the BIGGEST thing as steroid users/abusers that we should be concerned about and pay attention to the most.

Man, now that's a good answer. Thanks a lot. That's what I was thinking as well with regard to dosage. Blasting at 1000 test enanthate and dropping to 250 for the cruising portion. Also, I'd be including some orals for like six weeks of an eight or ten week blast to increase gains even further. Maybe EQ in the second blast portion. And I appreciate your warnings about blood work and supplements. What you recommended is definitely a good course of action I think.

Anyone have experience with a similar regimen?

Oh, and I was trying to keep this under a year, then take a little break.

Quote Originally Posted by rootsnatty View Post
    Oh, and I was trying to keep this under a year, then take a little break.
    If you plan on coming off completely at a certain point I'd make sure to use hcg 250-500iu twice a week during the whole duration of the cruise/blasting. It should drastically help recovery when the time comes.

scotimus is offline Associate Member
    also check out ronnie rowlands thread "you'll want to reas this" in the stickies. it has a ton of useful information regarding blasting+staying on for prolonged periods of time

Yes, the hcg is a must. I am a big proponent of its use during a cycle. In fact, I already have some saved up for this. Good lookin out about the sticky, I'm gonna check it out presently.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Very good advice above. hcg is not a MUST but recommended. I have been cruising for 2 years now (HRT) and have never used hcg.

lovbyts, while cruising on your HRT have you been upping the dosage as well and blasting periodically? If so, how have your results been? How do the blasting results compare with cycle results where the anabolics are completely come off of first?

I have ran a couple cycles and my results have been good. I have never had any ED, Libido, gyno or bloat issues to speak of. I had a little back acne once but that's about it.

I cruise/HRT around 200 a week. I have never gained a LOT of size from a cycle but I have not really lost any or much of the size I have gained either. I just notice over time I keep growing, getting bigger while getting learner. Of course the diet and exercise is a must. You cant expect any gains or to keep any gains of you dont have the diet correct.

All my goals are long term, not to gain as much size as I can in 2 or 3 months but more like a year or two.

The first year I had SEVERAL blood test done. now I am down to one ever 6 months. I am due for another one soon.

Personally I dont use HCG because I like a certain amount of shrinkage. I never liked the whole ball swinging thing, it gets in the way and one good slap can be a little painful. LOL

I never really feel any difference from when I ran a cycle or cruise/hrt . I only notice I gain a little extra size.

oker is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I have ran a couple cycles and my results have been good. I have never had any ED, Libido, gyno or bloat issues to speak of. I had a little back acne once but that's about it.

I cruise/HRT around 200 a week. I have never gained a LOT of size from a cycle but I have not really lost any or much of the size I have gained either. I just notice over time I keep growing, getting bigger while getting learner. Of course the diet and exercise is a must. You cant expect any gains or to keep any gains of you dont have the diet correct.

All my goals are long term, not to gain as much size as I can in 2 or 3 months but more like a year or two.

The first year I had SEVERAL blood test done. now I am down to one ever 6 months. I am due for another one soon.

Personally I dont use HCG because I like a certain amount of shrinkage. I never liked the whole ball swinging thing, it gets in the way and one good slap can be a little painful. LOL

I never really feel any difference from when I ran a cycle or cruise/hrt . I only notice I gain a little extra size.
    I'm curious LB's - when NOT cruising what are you taking and at what dose? I'm thinking about doing something similar over an extended period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by oker View Post
    I'm curious LB's - when NOT cruising what are you taking and at what dose? I'm thinking about doing something similar over an extended period of time.
    Im on HRT so I take Test E 200mg a week for 2+ years now. Dont do it unless you already have low test levels. I wish I started years earlier but it took me a LONG time to figure out why I was always tired, low energy, un motivated. I didnt think it was low test because my libido has alwasy been good but not everyone has ALL the symptoms.

You dont want to mess up your natural test levels and cruising will/can do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Im on HRT so I take Test E 200mg a week for 2+ years now. Dont do it unless you already have low test levels. I wish I started years earlier but it took me a LONG time to figure out why I was always tired, low energy, un motivated. I didnt think it was low test because my libido has alwasy been good but not everyone has ALL the symptoms.

You dont want to mess up your natural test levels and cruising will/can do just that.
    I feel exactly the same, lethargy, unmotivated etc, yet my libido is fine, which I find strange as I assumed libido would be affected by low test levels.

200mg a week seems a bit excessive for HRT - shouldn't it be lower than that?

So, I've been looking around and I checked out that sticky from Ronnie Rowland, and I'm thinking of doing like eight to ten weeks of 1000 mg of test enanthate a week and some orals like dbol or anadrol for six of those weeks then going to 250 mg a week for 2-4 weeks without the orals and repeat. What does everyone think about such a regimen?

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't consider cruising if I had high natural test levels. Since I don't (they were at 320 and 313 last time I got them tested), I plan on cruising after I complete my first cycle. I see no point in living life with the test levels of an 80 year old man so I am willing to accept having to inject for life if that is what it comes down to

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    So, I've been looking around and I checked out that sticky from Ronnie Rowland, and I'm thinking of doing like eight to ten weeks of 1000 mg of test enanthate a week and some orals like dbol or anadrol for six of those weeks then going to 250 mg a week for 2-4 weeks without the orals and repeat. What does everyone think about such a regimen?
    only 2-4 weeks of cruising? I am under the impression that it shouldn't be under 8 weeks at the low dose before blasting

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    I ran a prop only cycle about 15 weeks ago(9 week cycle). I gained about 20 pounds of muscle. Instead of running pct and losing all my gains I decided to cruiz for the rest of the summer. Since Ive been cruizing (about 6 weeks) Ive had a very long work schedule that hasnt allowed me to eat or work out very well. I never eat breakfast and small lunches and dinners. Ive lost about 10 pounds of fat and Ive kept almost ALL my strength from the cycle. I cant believe how vascular and defined ive become. This is just my experience and Im not reccommending this to anybody else.

Bigdog99 is offline Member
    Not to hijack but this thread is very interesting to me as I am been thinking/researching cruising myself. So it sounds like pretty much the worst thing that could happen would be that you are shut down for life and would need HRT the rest of your life. OK...being 38 with 2 kids already (and don't want anymore lol) .....I could live with that. Any other issues to worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog99 View Post
    Not to hijack but this thread is very interesting to me as I am been thinking/researching cruising myself. So it sounds like pretty much the worst thing that could happen would be that you are shut down for life and would need HRT the rest of your life. OK...being 38 with 2 kids already (and don't want anymore lol) .....I could live with that. Any other issues to worry about?
    Yes, keep an eye on the prostate if you're around 40ish...also have a few kids so I hear you brother!

So what's all this talk about having kids? If I cruise for under a year and take hcg periodically will I be fine?

Chev is offline Associate Member
    So what's all this talk about having kids? If I cruise for under a year and take hcg periodically will I be fine?
    Your gambling on that one..... from what ive read.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chev View Post
    Your gambling on that one..... from what ive read.
    not from what ive read

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else care to ellaborate? Let's come to a consensus about the effect of cruising on the reproductive capacity of the steroid user.

smalltime7 is offline Member
    I am 37 i tested at 270 they put me on 300/week same thing libido was fair but everything else sucked and i got concerned when i noticed some shrinkage this has been informative as I also will be blasting soon although I was just going to do 600 test with deca for 10 weeks and dbol for the first six.

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else care to ellaborate? Let's come to a consensus about the effect of cruising on the reproductive capacity of the steroid user.
    bump^^ I am curious myself

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12801577

"Abstract

OBJECTIVE: To document for the first time the successful treatment using human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and human menopausal gonadotropins (hMG) of anabolic steroid-induced azoospermia that was persistent despite 1 year of cessation from steroid use. DESIGN: Clinical case report. SETTINGS: Tertiary referral center for infertility. PATIENT(S): A married couple with primary subfertility secondary to azoospermia and male hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. The husband was a bodybuilder who admitted to have used the anabolic steroids testosterone cypionate, methandrostenolone, oxandrolone, testosterone propionate, oxymetholone, nandrolone decanoate, and methenolone enanthate. INTERVENTION(S): Twice-weekly injections of 10,000 IU of hCG (Profasi; Serono) and daily injections of 75 IU of hMG (Humegon; Organon) for 3 months. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE(S): Semen analyses, pregnancy. RESULT(S): Semen analyses returned to normal after 3 months of treatment. The couple conceived spontaneously 7 months later. CONCLUSION(S): Steroid-induced azoospermia that is persistent after cessation of steroid use can be treated successfully with hCG and hMG."
    Lethal Hamburger likes this.

thank you good info

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12801577

"Abstract

OBJECTIVE: To document for the first time the successful treatment using human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and human menopausal gonadotropins (hMG) of anabolic steroid-induced azoospermia that was persistent despite 1 year of cessation from steroid use. DESIGN: Clinical case report. SETTINGS: Tertiary referral center for infertility. PATIENT(S): A married couple with primary subfertility secondary to azoospermia and male hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. The husband was a bodybuilder who admitted to have used the anabolic steroids testosterone cypionate, methandrostenolone, oxandrolone, testosterone propionate, oxymetholone, nandrolone decanoate, and methenolone enanthate. INTERVENTION(S): Twice-weekly injections of 10,000 IU of hCG (Profasi; Serono) and daily injections of 75 IU of hMG (Humegon; Organon) for 3 months. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE(S): Semen analyses, pregnancy. RESULT(S): Semen analyses returned to normal after 3 months of treatment. The couple conceived spontaneously 7 months later. CONCLUSION(S): Steroid-induced azoospermia that is persistent after cessation of steroid use can be treated successfully with hCG and hMG."

Last edited by PK-V; 08-07-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Hell yeah! That is great news. I appreciate people who cite research in their posts. This whole steroid thing, and being informed about their "proper" use, is a combination of both empirical and anecdotal experience - this thread is beginning to produce both. Let's hear more.

testytesty is offline New Member
    Awesome post guys! Thanks for the information!

Thread Information