NotDaveBatista is offline New Member

First Cycle - using a Coach

So I hired a reputable coach because I would like to do my first cycle under some sort of professional supervision and of course got a template.

I told him my goal was to put on as much muscle as possible basically "look the part" for my sport.

He gave me a cutting diet, about 2000 cals
    Macros are

P - 250
    C - 140
    F - 37

To me, that seems grossly under what I need to be at.

So I emailed him -

Me - Being that I'm going to be eating in a deficit what would you recommend? Would I still build good muscle while on testosterone in a deficit? Or should I wait a little bit?

Him - when dieting the goal is to preserve muscle and get shredded.......... if you happen to add a little muscle since you never took this much testosterone, then that's a bonus

Me - Ok gotchya. Being that I'm going to be cycling for the first time, from what I hear the first one is the best one. My goal is to put on as much muscle as possible while staying as lean as possible doing that.

Would we be able to come up with something that can help me with that?

Him - if you try to accomplish two separate goals GET RIPPED and GET BIG at the same time, you wind up accomplishing neither ........... I'd suggest doing the diet and the anabolics will help with recovery and size increaese.

I trust this guy's knowledge on what he speaks about but being that I just got a template diet and routine... Which I feel aren't in line with what I'm trying to do, I'm conflicted.

He also says "if you happen to add a little muscle since you never took this much testosterone, then that's a bonus" and then says I'd suggest doing the diet and the anabolics will help with recovery and size increase.

What do you guys think? Should I stick with what he says on a cycle? Or just bulk and lift on my own?

I'm 6'2
    210 lbs
    ~ 15%

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    he makes sense.

either cut or dont. If u are cutting the drugs are to not lose muscle.

problem I see is u telling him u pretty much want to bulk and him giving u a cutting diet.

what did you pay?

tinymuscles is offline Junior Member
    Choose one, bulk or get cut, run test only cycle for first cycle. Stick with whatever diet you decide on whether that be bulk or cut, test will make you feel amazing and you’ll see unreal results. Basically now all you
    have to do is make a decision and let your trainer know so he can draw up a good diet based on what you want to do.

tinymuscles is offline Junior Member
    You could always do a bulk, build those muscles, then cut after, muscles will
    be poppin

Thanks for getting back to me guys. To clarify from the beginning I told him I wanted to essentially do a lean bulk put on as much clean muscle as possible while maintaining or if I can drop somebody fat on testosterone I'd be fine with that.

what did it cost so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    what did it cost so far?
    Let's just say, over $500

Update: he just emailed me a diet that's more in line with my goals.

I appreciate everyone's input Thank you guys

Stay on it and keep us updated.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Cutting is lean bulking. It is the definition of lean bulking. The thing is you can do three lean bulks (ie cutting cycles) or do a bulk and then 2 cuts. You will end up at the exact same place.

You are 6'2 210. I was 6'4 220 after bootcamp so same boat. My advice to you with this being your first cycle is to read Austinites 500 mg a week cycle plan and understand it. You need to do blood work 3 times minimal. You need to be prepared to do blood removal after the cycle. If you coach is not telling you these things you have a gym rat guiding you and not a coach. It is in his best interest for you to NOT do blood work. Just trying to protect you from the realities of this world.

Thread Information