Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier
  • 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: Sinovac Vaccine and Steroids

  1. #1
    do_what_is_hard is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    75

    Sinovac Vaccine and Steroids

    Hi, guys today I got my first shot of the covid vaccine made by Sinovac. They asked me a couple of questions about my health and steroids . I told them everything about my steroid history and use. They asked if I am on anabolics now I said no then they gave me a shot and the next dose is scheduled for July 12 after 1 month.

    I had no choice besides getting vaccinated because my college made vaccination compulsory.

    My questions:

    Q1. Can I use steroids after taking 1 shot of the covid vaccine or should I wait till I get the second dose?
    Q2. What are the possible drug interactions that can occur with Sinovac and AAS?
    Last edited by do_what_is_hard; 06-12-2021 at 09:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Asia but not Asian.
    Posts
    1,672
    No one knows the answers to your questions including real world doctors. Your vaccination is EUA, It has never been tested or had clinical trials. That is what EUA means...Emergency Use. So basically you chose to put a substance in your body no one knows anything about. The Sinovac vaccine made Hong Kong rewrite its vaccination policy due to the string of strokes associated with it. Over a 5000 dose week (after they announced all contract workers had to be vaccinated or cannot renew their contracts) they had over 100 strokes among these vaccinated people. The government immediately changed their policy to 100 percent optional.
    Cylon357 likes this.

  3. #3
    Cylon357's Avatar
    Cylon357 is online now Nice Guy Cy
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,725
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    No one knows the answers to your questions including real world doctors. Your vaccination is EUA, It has never been tested or had clinical trials. That is what EUA means...Emergency Use. So basically you chose to put a substance in your body no one knows anything about. The Sinovac vaccine made Hong Kong rewrite its vaccination policy due to the string of strokes associated with it. Over a 5000 dose week (after they announced all contract workers had to be vaccinated or cannot renew their contracts) they had over 100 strokes among these vaccinated people. The government immediately changed their policy to 100 percent optional.
    The bolded stuff. That hit me like a ton of bricks when I really put two and two together. Which, BTW, was when I was sitting down, waiting on my first shot, and reading the paperwork they gave me. That was for the Moderna, which I think thus far has proven to have a milder side effect profile. Since you have already had the first shot, I would hold off on anything AAS related (especially anything that might raise your BP) until after your second shot.

    And to reiterate what @Chicagotarsier rightly pointed out, absolutely nobody can answer these questions. The Covid-19 vaccines are too new for there to be sufficient data available.

  4. #4
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,647
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Your vaccination is EUA, It has never been tested or had clinical trials.
    No one can answer the interaction question definitely but saying there has been no trial is literally horseshit. EUA is given when a drug is very much needed and they have preliminary phase 3 results. This is public information and has been like that for a long time. Take the time to read before scaring people unnecessarily.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

  5. #5
    do_what_is_hard is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    75
    I think I am gonna hold my AAS before I get my second shot.

  6. #6
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,403
    Quote Originally Posted by do_what_is_hard View Post
    Hi, guys today I got my first shot of the covid vaccine made by Sinovac. They asked me a couple of questions about my health and steroids . I told them everything about my steroid history and use. They asked if I am on anabolics now I said no then they gave me a shot and the next dose is scheduled for July 12 after 1 month.

    I had no choice besides getting vaccinated because my college made vaccination compulsory.

    My questions:

    Q1. Can I use steroids after taking 1 shot of the covid vaccine or should I wait till I get the second dose?
    Q2. What are the possible drug interactions that can occur with Sinovac and AAS?
    Q1 You're probably going to be fine if you started right now, but to be safe, I'd wait until a couple weeks after the second jab (just incase you have one of those rare reactions to the jab).

    Q2 They are likely never going to study the effects of "the vax" interacting with gear. That being said, I'd get bloodwork done before during and after your cycle and I'd check my BP regularly throughout the whole thing and if something potentially harmful is discovered, stop use. If they jab you in the delt with the vax, I'd probably give it a week or so before I jab it with some gear.

  7. #7
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    No one can answer the interaction question definitely but saying there has been no trial is literally horseshit. EUA is given when a drug is very much needed and they have preliminary phase 3 results. This is public information and has been like that for a long time. Take the time to read before scaring people unnecessarily.
    probably watches the "everything new is bad" network.

  8. #8
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    probably watches the "everything new is bad" network.
    A drug takes what like 12 years from invention to marketplace? During most of that time, there is extensive testing and trials that go on. And if you look at the number of class action lawsuits that have resulted in settlements, even after that "they" still get it wrong sometimes.

    This vaccine was rushed through in less than a year. I can definitely understand somebody being nervous about the safety aspects.

    But we have to go by the information we do know. We do know almost everybody who has received the vaccination (and there are over 140 million completely vaxxed people in the US alone) have been fine. There are people who have had some sort of reaction to the jab, but they are a very small minority. And of that very small minority an even smaller minority have had serious reactions and some may have died from it (but I've yet to see anyone actually prove the vaccine was the cause of it). But those very rare occurrences are just that, very rare. The media sensationalizes that shit and now anybody who has so much as a sneeze a week after their jab will claim they had a reaction. But the facts are different from the propaganda.

    So going by that and the OP already had the first jab and was fine, it's probably going to be OK if he proceeds. There also have been people on this site who run a lot more gear than the OP plans to who had the vaccine WHILE they were on that gear and they were totally fine. So that leads me to think the OP is probably going to be fine if he were to start between jabs. I think he probably should wait until after the second jab, just to be on the side of caution, but that's probably not necessary.

    And mind you I'm anti-vax and in the lounge, I'll voice it. But we need to separate our opinion and what we suspect from what we know and what we can prove. We are here, because we want to know the truth about using gear and how to maximize the benefits of it while minimizing the negative effects.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

  9. #9
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    A drug takes what like 12 years from invention to marketplace? During most of that time, there is extensive testing and trials that go on. And if you look at the number of class action lawsuits that have resulted in settlements, even after that "they" still get it wrong sometimes.

    This vaccine was rushed through in less than a year. I can definitely understand somebody being nervous about the safety aspects.

    But we have to go by the information we do know. We do know almost everybody who has received the vaccination (and there are over 140 million completely vaxxed people in the US alone) have been fine. There are people who have had some sort of reaction to the jab, but they are a very small minority. And of that very small minority an even smaller minority have had serious reactions and some may have died from it (but I've yet to see anyone actually prove the vaccine was the cause of it). But those very rare occurrences are just that, very rare. The media sensationalizes that shit and now anybody who has so much as a sneeze a week after their jab will claim they had a reaction. But the facts are different from the propaganda.

    So going by that and the OP already had the first jab and was fine, it's probably going to be OK if he proceeds. There also have been people on this site who run a lot more gear than the OP plans to who had the vaccine WHILE they were on that gear and they were totally fine. So that leads me to think the OP is probably going to be fine if he were to start between jabs. I think he probably should wait until after the second jab, just to be on the side of caution, but that's probably not necessary.

    And mind you I'm anti-vax and in the lounge, I'll voice it. But we need to separate our opinion and what we suspect from what we know and what we can prove. We are here, because we want to know the truth about using gear and how to maximize the benefits of it while minimizing the negative effects.
    Facts are facts, as you stated them. There have even been some studies that supposedly claimed some vaccines showed effects on the heart in younger people, but I don't follow every detail anymore. You're right that it typically takes a very long time for a vaccine to go from inception to mainstream, but you have to admit that there has been no other time in history when the entire world/medical megagiants have concerted in an effort to develop vaccines to stop this pandemic. Putting 90% of their resources into 1 vaccine vs 100 vaccines is what is the difference. Maybe we don't have the data on long-term effects in humans, but we have data on other/similar vaccines and biologists can typically predict long-term outcomes from existing data.

    What is undeniable is that this vaccine has so far mitigated the loss of hundreds of thousands of lives over the next few years. The question comes down to: do you want to take the risk with COVID or take the risk with the vaccine? I picked the vaccine, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and should do as they please.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

  10. #10
    do_what_is_hard is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    75
    I was fine yesterday but today I have an upset stomach. I did not eat anything processed or junk I have a suspicion that it is a side effect from the jab. I should probably wait few weeks after my second shot to start my cycle.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •