Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Aromasin vs Arimidex

bkris is offline New Member

Aromasin vs Arimidex

What's the est levels folks see using Aromasin over Arimidex ? The beginners first cycle recommends one of them during cycle.
    The half life of 1MG Arimidex is 2 days whereas half life of Aromasin 25MG is 9 hours. So, Arimidex 0.25MG works for 24 hours but you take it every other day. Aromasin 25MG works for 18 hours and you take it daily.

Can someone share their insight on why these dosages recommended in this way? I thought one would want to have a steady presence of SERM in the system during the cycle. Am I missing something?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by bkris View Post
    What's the est levels folks see using Aromasin over Arimidex ? The beginners first cycle recommends one of them during cycle.
    The half life of 1MG Arimidex is 2 days whereas half life of Aromasin 25MG is 9 hours. So, Arimidex 0.25MG works for 24 hours but you take it every other day. Aromasin 25MG works for 18 hours and you take it daily.

Can someone share their insight on why these dosages recommended in this way? I thought one would want to have a steady presence of SERM in the system during the cycle. Am I missing something?
    Neither of these are SERMs. They're aromatase inhibitors. Basically, they prevent the androgens from metabolizing in to estrogens. A SERM binds to the estrogen receptors, but won't cause breast cell growth.

Really though, you shouldn't use either of them unless you're having estrogenic side effects. And with them, you start off with a really low dosage (like .25mg of Adex every other day) and then raise the dosage or frequency based on if it is stopping the estrogenic side effects or not.

Your body needs some estrogen to function properly and if you're high on estrogen, it'll help you make more gains by how it makes your androgen receptors. So obviously you want it high enough where you're making more gains, but not so high that you're growing tits

bkris is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Neither of these are SERMs. They're aromatase inhibitors.
    Gotcha. Thanks for correcting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Really though, you shouldn't use either of them unless you're having estrogenic side effects. And with them, you start off with a really low dosage (like .25mg of Adex every other day) and then raise the dosage or frequency based on if it is stopping the estrogenic side effects or not.
    Understand the rationale of the starting at a lower dose. However, does "half life" of drug should mean anything in this context(I mean in beginner's cycle by Aust)? Should I take it as both are just as efficient regardless of their activeness duration in the system?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by bkris View Post
    Gotcha. Thanks for correcting me.

Understand the rationale of the starting at a lower dose. However, does "half life" of drug should mean anything in this context(I mean in beginner's cycle by Aust)? Should I take it as both are just as efficient regardless of their activeness duration in the system?
    My guess is that when you reach the half life of the aromasin , your estrogen levels don't instantly go back to what they were, before you took the aromasin. It does take time for the aromatase to take place and the estrogen levels to go back up.
    bkris and RevoDead like this.

Thread Information