• 2 Post By 956Vette
  • 3 Post By kloter1
  • 1 Post By 956Vette
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Sleep Apnea

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

Sleep Apnea

So, to add to my list of health issues this seems to be one of the newer ones(they let me know at a DOT physical about 5 years back due to my neck size)

My wife has been noticing this & let me know that I stop breathing for a semi long period of time during my sleep(she said up to 30 secs, but randomly) - it’s like my breathing is very slowed down

I already can’t sleep without meds & have a machine stuck on my face looking like something from “Aliens” will make it nearly impossible to fall asleep

Currently, I feel just fine after a nights sleep(with meds - I’m almost at a bar of xAnax + magnesium & melatonin)

How bad is this, in comparison to other shit I’m already dealing with?

I’ve read a few posts on here about it, but the search function didn’t turn up anything

And, reading shit elsewhere online is like asking if aliens are real

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated
    Dgs59 and 956Vette like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post
    So, to add to my list of health issues this seems to be one of the newer ones(they let me know at a DOT physical about 5 years back due to my neck size)

My wife has been noticing this & let me know that I stop breathing for a semi long period of time during my sleep(she said up to 30 secs, but randomly) - it’s like my breathing is very slowed down

I already can’t sleep without meds & have a machine stuck on my face looking like something from “Aliens” will make it nearly impossible to fall asleep

Currently, I feel just fine after a nights sleep(with meds - I’m almost at a bar of xAnax + magnesium & melatonin)

I’ve read a few posts on here about it, but the search function didn’t turn up anything

I have a really bad case of it. I think that I stopped breathing 63 times in a minute or some number that made me say “huh?”.
    Without my machine, I snore real bad. I actually had people bang on the wall of a hotel because it was so loud. Wife used to hit me to try and wake me up to breathe. Wife will not sleep in the same bed without the machine.
    In comparison to what you have been through..: this is minor IMO. However, it is real that an extreme situation could cause death.
    You are not getting enough oxygen and you are not allowing yourself to fall into a deep
    Sleep.
    I think this is more a quality of life issue. I would get a cpap machine again if I had to do it over. I lived with the problem for 5-7 years before I had it checked out.
    My $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dgs59, DinAZ and < <Samson> > like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I just started using a CPAP a few months ago. I cannot wear it the entire night. I have tried multiple types of masks from the nasal pillows to the one that covers your mouth and nose. I can only use the entire face one because I’m a mouth breather at night.

It has helped some, but I don’t feel like I’m ever in deep sleep with the mask on. I can only sleep on my back with it, and after a few hours when I go pee, I leave it off the rest of the night. My nose and face always gets itchy with it on. I hate the feeling of something on my nose bone between the eyes… it gives me a weird feeling that I still get after all these months.

I do wake up without a sore throat, meaning it’s doing something. I feel a little less tired during the day. I don’t know, people made it out like it’s some amazing device before I got it. Little did I know it’s an uncomfortable mask that presses against your face and blows air constantly. It fucking sucks, I’m not gonna lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I just started using a CPAP a few months ago. I cannot wear it the entire night. I have tried multiple types of masks from the nasal pillows to the one that covers your mouth and nose. I can only use the entire face one because I’m a mouth breather at night.

It has helped some, but I don’t feel like I’m ever in deep sleep with the mask on. I can only sleep on my back with it, and after a few hours when I go pee, I leave it off the rest of the night. My nose and face always gets itchy with it on. I hate the feeling of something on my nose bone between the eyes… it gives me a weird feeling that I still get after all these months.

I do wake up without a sore throat, meaning it’s doing something. I feel a little less tired during the day. I don’t know, people made it out like it’s some amazing device before I got it. Little did I know it’s an uncomfortable mask that presses against your face and blows air constantly. It fucking sucks, I’m not gonna lie.
    It took awhile to get used to. I use the nasal pillows. The first night I lasted about 5 minutes and slowly upped the game. After about 10 days I was full time. It was more of a mental block than anything for me.
    I would not be able to handle the mask.. I don’t think.
    I also had an incentive to use it.... the insurance would only cover it if I used it an average of 6 hours a day for like 20 days the first month.
    I was damned if I was going to pay back my insurance.

956Vette likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    It took awhile to get used to. I use the nasal pillows. The first night I lasted about 5 minutes and slowly upped the game. After about 10 days I was full time. It was more of a mental block than anything for me.
    I would not be able to handle the mask.. I don’t think.
    I also had an incentive to use it.... the insurance would only cover it if I used it an average of 6 hours a day for like 20 days the first month.
    I was damned if I was going to pay back my insurance.

Mine was wear it for at least 4 hours for 20 out of 30 consecutive days. The end was supposed to be June 25, and I know I didn’t pass… but I haven’t heard anything from anybody.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I did an at home sleep study and the results came back as severe sleep apnea. Stopped breathing for 60-80 times an hour. Got on a Res-Med Airsense 10 CPAP with the nasal mask. I love it. I actually bought a 2nd one just incase and for travel. You don't realize how bad you've been sleeping until you get on CPAP. I used to snore so loud my wife hated me. Not to mention how tired I was during the day. I haven't snored since starting CPAP. I finally pulled the trigger a few years ago after waking up a few times gasping for air like I was choking or drowning....it was very scary to think I may not wake up one morning. My wife would also wake me up multiple times in the night saying i'm not breathing. I would recommend anyone to at least do the sleep study...even the at home one is easy. I also have a large neck like most of us gym goers with TRT or AAS do. My advice is get on CPAP if you need it, you may not die in the middle of the night but it does have later down the road effects on cardiovascular and metabolic profile that leads to serious medical complications including death.
    Last edited by warchild; 07-09-2021 at 02:24 PM.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post

This is me X2.

Did the sleep study, came back as needing a CPAP machine. Tried every mask known to man and it cost me sleep in the end. Constant air pressure shooting up my nose and felt like I couldn’t exhale fast enough. Would get twisted and tangled in it and when I did manage more than 10 minutes, my mouth and throat were so dry.

I literally just gave it back to the med supply company…I had such high expectations too. I fucking hated it. I just sleep in a recliner now and when I get sore, I climb in bed. I scaly go back and forth a couple of times a night…it ain’t perfect but at least I’m not being suffocated with air.

Give it time they said…I tried

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    This is me X2.

Did the sleep study, came back as needing a CPAP machine. Tried every mask known to man and it cost me sleep in the end. Constant air pressure shooting up my nose and felt like I couldn’t exhale fast enough. Would get twisted and tangled in it and when I did manage more than 10 minutes, my mouth and throat were so dry.

I literally just gave it back to the med supply company…I had such high expectations too. I fucking hated it. I just sleep in a recliner now and when I get sore, I climb in bed. I scaly go back and forth a couple of times a night…it ain’t perfect but at least I’m not being suffocated with air.

That sux man I was really hoping it would work great for you. It did take some getting used to for sure. Glad you tried.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Appreciate it brother and appreciated all of the advice around it as well. Maybe when I pro some it shit out, I’ll revisit it. I may have needed to tailor my expectations as well. Definitely not a “quick fix”
    warchild likes this.

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    C pap was a game changer for me. I cant sleep without it anymore.

I also have a mouth piece that i use for napping and sometimes for sleep. It works but leaves my jaw and teeth sore.
    warchild likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    This is me X2.

You probably needed to adjust the water which was causing the dryness. I think you should revisit it at some time with the mentality that you are going to make it work.

956Vette and warchild like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sampsonanddelilah View Post
    appreciate it brother and appreciated all of the advice around it as well. Maybe when i pro some it shit out, i’ll revisit it. I may have needed to tailor my expectations as well. Definitely not a “quick fix”
    by chance did you use an auto-titrating cpap machine? Those ones adjust the pressure so it doesn't feel like a high pressure air is constantly blown at you.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    by chance did you use an auto-titrating cpap machine? Those ones adjust the pressure so it doesn't feel like a high pressure air is constantly blown at you.
    It was auto titrating…the pressure would slowly ramp up during the night. Definitely took a while to dial that initial pressure in, but even then it was just too much for me. I even would put it on and watch tv to try and acclimate.

To Chargers point, I’ll probably revisit at some other time when I’m feeling especially motivated.

Happy it works for you guys, sleep is so damn important (as I make edits at 130 am, lol)
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 07-10-2021 at 01:28 AM.
    warchild likes this.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for all the info & replies

But - it gets me to where I started. . . I can’t sleep with this on my face

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CEAB28F4-44F1-4EAA-ABBA-465E1CF53202.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	181178

I get it & get the same thing - a slightly sore throat from sleeping with my mouth open

But, my sleep seems deep - at least more than 1/2 of the time. . . I dream just fine & feel quite rested when I wake up

Only thing I’m feeling here is it that it’ll just get worse as I get older

Kinda funny that it’s another one of those juicer side effects no one ever mentions

Didn’t mean to hijack your thread brother.

The search for the perfect mask was probably the toughest part for me. Like you, I couldn’t handle something draped over my face, so the full face masks were out (although I tried a few).

The one I found the least invasive (which TMO mentions) were the nasal pillows.

They’re the smallest and were definitely the most manageable for me. I also found the ones that the hose came from underneath the apparatus as opposed to coming from the top of the head to be more comfortable as well (the “unicorn” hose drove me crazy, I’m a side sleeper and I’d get tangled in it).

The subject is near and dear to me because I literally have been battling this nightly for the last couple of weeks. I just need a small timeout and I appreciate you approaching the topic and reading what the fellows have to say gives me some hope.

I’m just on a mini breakup right now, lol

Good luck Samson…I think it’s worth a shot and they’ll send you home with different masks. I definitely recommend the nasal pillows and as warchild and charger mentioned a machine that auto titrates

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I would try to phase out xanax. Get your dr to write a script for non-addictive trazadone. Melotinin helps fall asleep, but not stay alseep. It is low risk but it kind of sucks. It takes a few months to get used to a CPAP, stick with it! I prefer it without the humidifier. The Resmed Airfit F30 is the best mask I have used thus far. Keep trying different masks each "refill" period.

CPAP is essentially a cure for sleep apnea; the problem is compliance is low. Many people just give up. I suggest giving it a solid shot for a few months. If it still does not work out look into hypoglossal nerve stimulation therapy.

Feel free to upload your CPAP calculated AHI scores so we can see how treatment is going.

Hey- I heard on the radio about this “fix” for sleep apnea called inspire and you do not wear a mask or pillows.
    I do not know anything about it so I won’t pretend I do. LOL
    Just another option to look at.

I also have another solution that we all overlooked. Just take a shitload of tren . You will have insomnia so you don’t need to worry about sleeping and sleep apnea.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    the insurance would only cover it if I used it an average of 6 hours a day for like 20 days the first month.
    This is becoming more and more common. Insurance know compliance is low and so many plans rent the machine for 90 days, and, for me, required 6 hr + per night for 30 consecutive days in a 90 days period or I would either need to pay out of pocket or return it (just the machine itself). And just in case you are wondering, you cannot simply turn it on and leave it disconnected. It won't count toward the hours, it knows if someone is breathing in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    I would try to phase out xanax. Get your dr to write a script for non-addictive trazadone. Melotinin helps fall asleep, but not stay alseep. It is low risk but it kind of sucks. It takes a few months to get used to a CPAP, stick with it! I prefer it without the humidifier. The Resmed Airfit F30 is the best mask I have used thus far. Keep trying different masks each "refill" period.

CPAP is essentially a cure for sleep apnea; the problem is compliance is low. Many people just give up. I suggest giving it a solid shot for a few months. If it still does not work out look into hypoglossal nerve stimulation therapy.

Feel free to upload your CPAP calculated AHI scores so we can see how treatment is going.

Trazadone has been the one thing that has kept me asleep and isn’t habit forming. I will say that for me though that it slowed its effectiveness at the initial dosage and I’ve had to titrate (started at 50 and am now up to 150) I’ve been on that dose for almost two years though

Blog Entries
    I’m almost more worried about my Alprozolam use than sleep apnea

But, at this point if I try to change anything I go to shit quick

I’ll ask my PCP about Trazadone - I can get any script now within reason.

But, I have been on xAnax a long time now

You’ll just have to slowly reverse titrate….

Trazadone isn’t the greatest for sleep onset but once asleep it shines. Have to remember to take it earlier

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I’m almost more worried about my Alprozolam use than sleep apnea

But, at this point if I try to change anything I go to shit quick

I’ll ask my PCP about Trazadone - I can get any script now within reason.

But, I have been on xAnax a long time now
    Brother, bc you're loved, we're more worried about the sleep apnea. Feeling the urge for a strong benzo is very common instinct/strategy while suffering w/ sleep apnea. I'd urge you to consider lowering the alp dose and increase CPAP exposure. Took me over a year to fully appreciate and adapt to sleeping with CPAP (it's indeed a nightmare, however CPAP is arguably my favorite performance enhancing drug) - have nightmares recalling the video my wife took of my while on Xanax w/ sleep apnea. Best of luck Samson!!!

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding

Dude dont wait, get a sleep study done tomorrow! I went four years without knowing I had SA because i was single and lived alone. My now wife said holy shit you stop breathing a lot. My study came back saying I stop breathing 60 times a minute. Ive had my CPAP machine now for 4-5 years and it changed my life. I had SOOOO many issues from not getting quality sleep, almost lost my job, depression, low T, and I took two naps per day, popping adderall every day, It was a miserable existence.

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1 View Post
    Dude dont wait, get a sleep study done tomorrow! I went four years without knowing I had SA because i was single and lived alone. My now wife said holy shit you stop breathing a lot. My study came back saying I stop breathing 60 times a minute. Ive had my CPAP machine now for 4-5 years and it changed my life. I had SOOOO many issues from not getting quality sleep, almost lost my job, depression, low T, and I took two naps per day, popping adderall every day, It was a miserable existence.
    That’s the one thing I noticed now after starting the CPAP - I no longer need to nap during the day. At work, I used to find it hard to keep my eyes open at times. Now I get nowhere near as tired, even though I only wear it 2-4 hours a night. Figures, though, because when I recorded myself sleeping, I mostly snored the first couple of hours of the night.

I have the cpap with me on vacation and the one cool thing is that I can taste every flavor of tap water from the humidifier. South Carolina chlorine, mmm spicy.

Blog Entries
    I’m so over studies, ya’ll don’t even kno

The wife’s been hearing/watching me sleep - she said it doesn’t happen often. But, when it does - it’s like a long pause.

No joke, no bullshit no nothing - I can’t
    sleep with a clingon on my face. What else to do about my sleep - well, fuck if I know

Kind of a side question - if I ever shrank back down to my ideal size of about 165Lbs would this shit go away? . . . Just a thought I had

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Kind of a side question - if I ever shrank back down to my ideal size of about 165Lbs would this shit go away? . . . Just a thought I had
    Yessir, likely scenario. However, get that soy beta cuck shit outta here

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Wow I am not alone, thought I was only one having sleep apnea therefore never actually mentioned before. I was diagnosed about 8 months ago as my wife wanted to beat me up due to my snoring (I never snored before so she was not used to it). My stop breathing rate was around 63 times per hour and the reason of my sleep apnea turns out to be overgrown tonsils (I always had tonsils but cruising for 3 years they grown, I had a thread asking if testosterone can grow tonsils larger) . Yes the machine, annoying as, my doctor forced me to use it threatening me that she will take my driver's licence as she does not think I am suitable for driving. In all honesty I have lots of energy for years (cruise blast gym eat) just don't feel sleepy or anything but my issues are

- getting up tired
    - snoring is annoying my wife

I stopped using the machine, it's just not for me, I can't be stuck with having a machine whole my life and out that on my face every night, trust me I tried real hard. But also I didn't want that shit on my face for rest of my life. So I went back to the doctor and convince her to get me throat doctor appointment as I can't use the machine. So at the moment I am waiting for throat doctor to get my tonsils removed if he thinks it's ok to do so.

Last couple of weeks I got a new Google hub to monitor my sleep, it's pretty close to being plugged in for sleep therapy (obviously sleep therapy has tons of sensors) but it does its job, records all the snoring, coughing and inconsistent breathing pattern while just laying on your bedside table (nothing is plugged into you) ... Looking at my data, well it's bad, I snore the whole night, stop breathing so I had to move so I am moving whole night, out of 8 hours I only get 1 hour of solid sleep and rest is just restless and snoring and moving. Looking at the data I have no idea how I get up in the morning and still have energy to do everything I do (thanks to my test )

Long story short, seems like there is no proper cure, I was reading an article about a recent medication which could help sleep apnea for people not willing to use machine but I think that thing is still on trial or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgs59 View Post
    Wow I am not alone, thought I was only one having sleep apnea therefore never actually mentioned before. I was diagnosed about 8 months ago as my wife wanted to beat me up due to my snoring (I never snored before so she was not used to it). My stop breathing rate was around 63 times per hour and the reason of my sleep apnea turns out to be overgrown tonsils (I always had tonsils but cruising for 3 years they grown, I had a thread asking if testosterone can grow tonsils larger) . Yes the machine, annoying as, my doctor forced me to use it threatening me that she will take my driver's licence as she does not think I am suitable for driving. In all honesty I have lots of energy for years (cruise blast gym eat) just don't feel sleepy or anything but my issues are

- getting up tired
    - snoring is annoying my wife

I stopped using the machine, it's just not for me, I can't be stuck with having a machine whole my life and out that on my face every night, trust me I tried real hard. But also I didn't want that shit on my face for rest of my life. So I went back to the doctor and convince her to get me throat doctor appointment as I can't use the machine. So at the moment I am waiting for throat doctor to get my tonsils removed if he thinks it's ok to do so.

Last couple of weeks I got a new Google hub to monitor my sleep, it's pretty close to being plugged in for sleep therapy (obviously sleep therapy has tons of sensors) but it does its job, records all the snoring, coughing and inconsistent breathing pattern while just laying on your bedside table (nothing is plugged into you) ... Looking at my data, well it's bad, I snore the whole night, stop breathing so I had to move so I am moving whole night, out of 8 hours I only get 1 hour of solid sleep and rest is just restless and snoring and moving. Looking at the data I have no idea how I get up in the morning and still have energy to do everything I do (thanks to my test )

Long story short, seems like there is no proper cure, I was reading an article about a recent medication which could help sleep apnea for people not willing to use machine but I think that thing is still on trial or something.
    I traveled and said fuck it about bringing machine. Major error. Woke up with a sore throat... at least I woke up. LOL
    There is a new treatment without the machine. I think I named it earlier in the post. . I can’t remember the name.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    I traveled and said fuck it about bringing machine. Major error. Woke up with a sore throat... at least I woke up. LOL
    There is a new treatment without the machine. I think I named it earlier in the post. . I can’t remember the name.

While I was trying the machine, some mornings I felt crazy good, I tried the nose pillow thingy, that thing was making so much noise in my ears for some reason (my wife could not hear a thing) but for me it was like a helicopter flying over my head every time i breath in, I just couldn't get to sleep with that mask so I tried the full nose mast, helped with the noise but I couldn't get used to it.

The medicine they say for this is mostly antidepressants, some type of antidepressants could help as per WebMD

Doctors sometimes prescribe a type of antidepressant called an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) for people who have depression. If you have sleep apnea, this type of antidepressant may in theory help with that condition as well. They make it harder for you to drop into REM sleep, the deep stage during which breathing problems are most likely to happen. SSRIs may also affect the muscles around your upper airway. A few studies have shown that this can help with obstructive sleep apnea.

Not sure if I want an antidepressant in My system. Just don't know what to do to be honest, the sleep doctor said chances are I could get rid of the issue 80% after tonsils are removed but she said she have seen people with cut throats but apnea still there with 10 or 20 percent improvement only. She was pushing me hard to use the machine but I think I am just gonna die young lol
    Last edited by Dgs59; 07-19-2021 at 09:06 AM.

kusum is offline New Member
    As far as I know, taking Xanax can lead to addiction so it is better to ask your doctor for some non-addictive meds. The addiction may result in side effects in the long term. I have read about the overdose side effects of this drug on the Canadian Pharmacy website.
    Last edited by kusum; 08-02-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    I think I’m a tad late to beating addiction to antipsychotics - since I require them daily & now get them prescribed

The one without the mask in Inspire - sure, I’d like some stimulating probes implanted into me

I’ll just cut back on my booze & keep my antipsychotics at a minimum - hopefully, that’ll prolong my life long enough

No CPAP’s, no more Angiograms, no more blood work - I’m done for a while

I’ll stick to my minimum roids & see where shit takes me

BTW - low dose Primo added to trt feels like 1/2 the dose of deca - nothing special
    Dgs59 likes this.

Thread Information