CutUp is offline Junior Member

My cycle is over...now the bad news

Whats up bros
    I just finished my cycle, fina only for 8 wks, 75mg ED. I went from 173 to 195 and lost a bit of fat, gained a great deal of strength and size. Loved the cycle overall.

Now comes the bad news. I've had a pinched nerve in my lower back since march, it has gotten worse so I went to the doctor and had a MRI. Turns out I have 2 bulging disks (my L4 and L5 for those that know). So now I'm fresh off my cycle and about to have lower back surgery!!!

The doctor told me no gym for a long time, 6 months...maybe longer, so I don't know what to do about my gains...do I just suffer the loss and cry myself to sleep at night

Anyway, thatnks to all those who helped me out along the way (Buddha Red!!!!), I've gotten great info from this board and plan to stick around...at least I have a long time now to plan my next cycle and make it perfect....
    CutUp

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    unfortunately, keeping what you got on this cycle will be impossible with the time you have to take off...a friend of mine lost 40 pounds he had gained over 2 years from lower back surgery in around 6 months time...the muscle memory will come back though, although it might take a significant amount of time to get back to where you currently are after this is all said and done with the disks.

good luck bro.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    They have been wanting me to get back surgery for a long time but I not doing it. I hope all works out for you but it is going to be impossible not to lose some muscle from a six month lay off.

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

Sorry

Sorry To Hear That But Sounds Painful And If You Dont Take Care Of It Now It Might Hurt You More In The Long Run I Guess You Can Always Get Your Gains Back But Your Back Is Kinda Like Important Good Luck

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    Hey Cutup bro, sorry to hear that. Both I and Juggernaut have had similar problems/surgery. If you need someone to discuss with feel free to PM me. I'm sure Jugg wont mind a PM either, he's just recovering from surgery.

Best of luck m8.

TANK

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    always look forward bro, never back. i feel for anyone that has to go through this, as i went through something similar with the 2 major quad muscles in my right leg.

eat this one, and while youre recuperating, research, read, and plan your next one.
    by the time youre ready to go again, you'll be so full of knowledge that i'd be willing to bet fina alone will be the furthest thing from your mind.......

peace I4L

raoul3 is offline Associate Member
    Last edited by raoul3; 09-25-2007 at 03:20 AM.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    What do they plan on doing to your lumbar vertebrate? If you do decide for surgery keep your head up and know that you can reach your goals again.

jollyroger is offline New Member
    Hang in there bro. I had surgery for a herniated disc last year. I took about 2.5 months after surgery before lifting again. The key is to take it easy and not stress your back. I have found that the docs tend to be a little over cautious. I'm not saying rush back into your training by any means, but you probably can start earlier than 6 months. Just be mindful of what you can and can't (shouldn't) do. PM me if you want any advice.

CutUp is offline Junior Member
    I appreciate the support guys, exactly what I expected around here.

As far as the questions go...
    The Doc told me I don't HAVE to do the operation. He told me I could go on with my life without it and just live in pain. He said there was a SLIM chance of it getting better on its own.

I thought about dealing with it, but the constant annoying pain gives me short temper and takes the fun out of many things I do. I'm still young and very active, I don't like this slowing me down.

I'm going to have a serious talk with a physical therapist about training and maybe be able to train with one. Fortunatly my insurance is top notch and will cover just about everything.

Raoul3...I do mean protruding disks, they are touching the Siatic nerve(SP?) and the pain runs down my left leg into my ankle. Most of the time I never feel it in my back.

Iron4life79...I already have different cycles in mind. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did the Fina only, just to know the results of the one compound, and I will run it in my next cycle, but it won't be the base.

Thanks for the support bros, I'll keep everyone posted on my outcome since it seems that others have similar afflictions. The surgery is scheduled for August 6th, unless I change my mind...still have a couple more experts to talk to first.
    CutUp

massiveone is offline New Member
    I had the same problem CutUp, and I know what you mean about he chroic pain taking the fun out of life. My doc also said the same thing about it maybe going away by itself. A year and a half after it happened I had to have the surgery - just couldn't take the pain anymore. I've been pain free for a couple of years now and it feels great. Can't believe I waited so long to have it fixed. Best of luck and keep us posted on what you decide.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Cutup, bro as Tank01 stated in his response I had neck surgery last July 13th where they fused three vertebrae together along with a bone graft and metal plate. Same as you it was a “have-to” sort of thing for me as well. I was informed that I would be out of the gym for 3 to 6 months wearing a God awfully uncomfortable body/neck brace 24/7. As of my last check-up I’ll only have to wear the brace for 3 months and not the full six. It’s been 50 days so far with only another 40 to go, not that I’m counting or anything like that.

Now for the sad truth concerning the muscle loss, you ready? It’s going to be everything you fear it would be. Keep in mind due to my injury my workouts went down hill prior to the surgery. I’d say about a month before surgery, strength loss was significant at an alarming rate. As of today, when I do a double bicep shot I can tell my right Tricep is half it’s usual size, very depressing. But as Iron4life79 stated, don’t look back and don’t let it get you down. Us the time you’re out as he suggested, I did. I’ve revamped my workout strategy, tweaked my diet and researched what I would like to do for my first cycle. Us the time to educate yourself and find something new about the sport you love so much. I can tell you I am so eager to get back to the gym I can hardly wait, but I will. I’m not going to risk further damage and even more time out.

As much as you are dreading going through with the surgery, do it and get it out of the way and behind you. You, as well as I, will rebound from this and will be stronger than before. You’re on the best board, imho, with the best bros you could find anywhere and that is a fact! A time or two I would post a thread when I was down and a whole slew of bros rushed to post words of encouragement, so many so that this response would be double the size if I named all of the bros. I’m positive you will find the same. Best of luck and pm me if I can offer any help.

Jugg

MR.BICEPS is offline Junior Member
    The last thing I'd be worried about is keeping the gains. You'll be lucky if you ever lift again and you more than likely will be limited if you can.

I wish you the best and I have experience with back surgeries. You can pm me if you need any sound advise. If you dont watch it will not be your last surgery. Please take heed and be careful!

MR.BICEPS

quez82 is offline Associate Member
    dang now i'm worried because i have something wrong with my upper back and feels like a pinched nerver but when i lift my arm it goes dead and the pain brings me down real quick... but i'm not sure i dont want to take an mri right now ...i hope the best for you man... You'll get through it quick... just take it easy for now and get it done and over with so you can jump back with everyone in no time

Farm boy is offline Junior Member
    hang in there bro.

Thread Information