Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Blood Work Help

  1. #1
    doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    242

    Blood Work Help

    51 (M) been on TRT a few years. Currently getting ďcrazyĒ and doing 350 test and 500 Deca . Iíve always done my bloodwork through private labs. I always get tested for same thing but not sure Iím checking everything I need to. Can you tell me exactly what to get tested for? Obviously I test my ast/alt levels, estradiol, test levels. But what am I missing. Iím having sexual problems (started before deca) and primarily trying to figure out what the problem is. I have a feeling itís my estrogen levels but I want to test everything I should.

    Thanks for responses.

  2. #2
    Cylon357's Avatar
    Cylon357 is online now Nice Guy Cy
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,980
    Blog Entries
    1
    E2 sensitive
    DHT
    Total and free t
    Tsh
    Prolactin (just to cover all the bases)
    Shbg (ditto)
    Cbc

    That's all that comes to mind right off the bat.

    Are your issues related to no interest in sex or do you have desire but ED?

  3. #3
    doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    242

    Both

    Interest in sex is low. ED for sure. Always have to take Viagra or Cialis. The only thing I am taking right now is a product called DIM to try and keep estrogen in check. I will get blood work done on Monday and get all the things tested you mentioned.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    E2 sensitive
    DHT
    Total and free t
    Tsh
    Prolactin (just to cover all the bases)
    Shbg (ditto)
    Cbc

    That's all that comes to mind right off the bat.

    Are your issues related to no interest in sex or do you have desire but ED?

  4. #4
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    E2 sensitive
    DHT
    Total and free t
    Tsh
    Prolactin (just to cover all the bases)
    Shbg (ditto)
    Cbc

    That's all that comes to mind right off the bat.

    Are your issues related to no interest in sex or do you have desire but ED?
    What Cylon said and add in CMP, PSA, and lipids. Might as well check those while you're there. Once you're off blast and things have normalized back, it's a good idea to pull that panel again to get your "normal" baseline values and include an IGF-1 assay.

    I will warn you DHT tends to be a tad expensive.
    Cylon357 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  5. #5
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,580
    I'd throw in there Free Estradiols as well if you can afford it.

  6. #6
    doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    242

    Free Estradiol

    Is this the same as Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/M?

    The company I get my blood work through offers 2 choices
    Plain E2 or what I mentioned above. Big price difference E2 $44 the other is $107.

    Just donít want to pay for something I donít need. I have always just done E2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I'd throw in there Free Estradiols as well if you can afford it.

  7. #7
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,580
    Quote Originally Posted by doublewide View Post
    Is this the same as Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/M?

    The company I get my blood work through offers 2 choices
    Plain E2 or what I mentioned above. Big price difference E2 $44 the other is $107.

    Just don’t want to pay for something I don’t need. I have always just done E2.
    Yeah it's that. Most people don't bother with this, but if you're trying to control an estrogen problem, it would be good to know how much of it is unbound and free to work on estrogen receptors.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

  8. #8
    Cylon357's Avatar
    Cylon357 is online now Nice Guy Cy
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,980
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    What Cylon said and add in CMP, PSA, and lipids. Might as well check those while you're there. Once you're off blast and things have normalized back, it's a good idea to pull that panel again to get your "normal" baseline values and include an IGF-1 assay.

    I will warn you DHT tends to be a tad expensive.
    That it does, as well as E2 Sensitive. When I'm putting together my bloodwork, at some point, I inevitably think 'this is going to be cheap this time!' and then add DHT and E2 sens. It is not cheap, but definitely worth it, especially in this particular case.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •