CarbonCopy is offline Member

Cutting cycle idea's low dose only..

Hey guys thinking about a low dose cutting cycle. I am not a big fan of the huge doses I read about for the simple fact I know my body is very sensitive to drugs of any kind. Stats: 27yrs old been training for 10 years 5 years serious, but misguided so IMO 2 years of effective training thanks to AR!!

Cycle:

1-6 test prop 250 mg per week
    1-6 anavar 150 mg per week
    6-9 20mg ED Nolv for post cycle recovery

Is this cycle total crap?

Thanks,
    CC

barbarian is offline Banned
    first up the prop to 400 a week the var is right ont he money but i would run it for 12 weeks drop teh novala and get soem clomid 300 100 50 50 a dude run teh prop for at least 10 weeks and throw in soem winstral 50mg eod for the last 6 weeks of the cycle teh reason for the var at 12 weeks is that its weak and you have to take it for longer periods to get any decent results

Archangel230 is offline Junior Member
    Well for a cutter it seems relatively short. Is this your first cycle?

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    hey bro I think eq would be good for a cutting cycle along with some test as a base and winstrol .
    heres a idea
    eq 400mg/wk for 15 weeks
    enan 500mg/wk for 15 weeks
    winstrol 50 ed week 14-18
    clomids 300/day1, 100mg/for 10 days and 50 mg for 10 days.
    I had a lot of success with this cycle, I had to do a lot of cardio though cause of the eq hunger spells..lol

BDTR is offline Retired
    A few things:

1. If this is your first cycle, make it a bulker, even if it's just a moderate test dose alone. Don't waste it with a cutter, you'll never grow as much as you do the first time if done properly.

2. Bump the test a bit, it aint gonna hurt ya really and 250 is just barely replacing your natural test levels while shutting down your test production and if you're cutting, it should be longer than that IMO

3. Clomid should be run post cycle as well as nolva.

BDTR is offline Retired
    As for EQ and cutting regarding rangerdudelead suggestion, it works well for cutting if you can control yourself. By week 6 I'm ready to eat a fuggin' horse on EQ.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    As for EQ and cutting regarding rangerdudelead suggestion, it works well for cutting if you can control yourself. By week 6 I'm ready to eat a fuggin' horse on EQ.
    damn bro you got that right, it was hard to control my eating habits. I was trying to cut up but eq had me eating like a horse so I had to spend more time doing cardio along with my lifting..lol

A few things:

1. If this is your first cycle, make it a bulker, even if it's just a moderate test dose alone. Don't waste it with a cutter, you'll never grow as much as you do the first time if done properly.

2. Bump the test a bit, it aint gonna hurt ya really and 250 is just barely replacing your natural test levels while shutting down your test production and if you're cutting, it should be longer than that IMO

3. Clomid should be run post cycle as well as nolva.
    Hey thanks to all who have replied!! Ok to answer your questions...

1.) Yes this would be my first cycle, but I have tried Nolv, Clen , ECA.

2.) Bump the test to what level?

3.) I've read guys using Nolv only, but you think the Clomid is needed too?

Is EQ hard on the hair? I don't want to use winny because I have read a lot of posts stating it is very hard on the hair. Thanks for all the help so far guys!!

Peace,
    CC

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    BDTR,
    Your statement (quoted above) is incorrect. 250mg of testosterone per week is more than twice the average man's natural test levels. If you want more info on this, please search the posts using my screen name and the phrase "low dose" as search criteria.

CarbonCopy,

I do not recommend prop as your choice for test if you are going to do a low-dose cycle. Prop is a fast acting ester of testosterone. You need a longer acting ester.

You would be better off using a long lasting ester such as tesosterone cypionate or enanthate at 200-250mg per week for 8-10 weeks. The long lasting esters stay in your system longer and will build-up (Search my posts on low dose cycles for clarification on build-up and how long lasting esters work. I'm being simplistic here for brevity). 6 weeks is not enough time for you to get the benefit of a long lasting ester of test, since it tends to kick in around week 2-3.

I've noticed people have done in this thread what happens a lot on the boards. It's almost a reflex--People here have suggested increasing the dose before focusing on the poster's goals. 400mg of test is a common starting point for many people, but is not the only way to use testosterone (even in a first cycle). CarbonCopy is trying to CUT, not bulk. 250mg per week of a long acting testosterone ester is more than enough to cut. Besides, diet and cardio are far more important factors when cutting than steroid doses.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 07-26-2003 at 09:49 AM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    When I said "barely" replacing the natural test levels, I know they're surpassing them, but why shut yourself down for less? With 250 mg of test a week, in someone with already fairly high test levels, you're going to be shutting down their natural production and replacing it with a synthetic at a low dose, I can say that I grow the same on 250 mg of test a week as i do with a high calorie diet. Hey i guess everyones different, but even if he was running a cutting cycle i'd say use 400mg. Since he's running a cutting cycle, prop would be the best choice do to less water retention but with only 250mg a week and the frequent shots needed, he may be better off with a longer test.

bdtr,

Please understand, I'm not attacking you. I'm trying to dispell this myth that testosterone is only effective at doses greater than or equal to 400mg.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse here, becuase there are extensive threads on this. But I wanted people to know that what you had stated is a myth that has gone on for a long time--too long. The amount of test that is in the system when using 200-250mg of a long lasting testsosterone ester, is a far more than enough to build a solid body. It's surprisingly NOT a small amount. 250mg every week is far more than "barely" above natrual levels.

BTW, bdtr, I'm glad you did not take this as a flame--you handled this really well, bro. Good to have people like you on the board.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 07-26-2003 at 10:23 AM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Oh I wasn't taking this as an attack at all, it's a discussion board... meant to discuss things. You didn't say anything personal.

The reasons I reccomended a higher dose of test was because in MY OWN experience, I don't grow at 250mg a week, although after looking at your pics, apparently you do, I wish i could so if low doses work for you, you're lucky as hell. Secondly for his first cycle he's running a cutting cycle, IMO your first cycle should be used as a bulker. The main purpose of a cutting cycle is to retain muscle while depleting calories, atleast that's why i'd run a cutter. Cutting is 90% diet/cardio, the gear is just a boost to keep you up in size while burning fat. Why make your first cycle a cutting cycle when you can cut naturally down to where you want to be then bulk up on gear? it's a personal desicion, but you never grow as well as you do on your first cycle if done right, so why waste the chance? Am I saying this cycle is awful? No. But why short change yourself, especially your first time around? Honestly, I'd either cut naturally to the point you want to be at, then run a bulking cycle then maybe later on run a cutting cycle. That's just what i'd do.

Good points, bdtr. Maybe we should have CarbonCopy chime in on why he has chosen this approach.

CarbonCopy,
    Uh...Why have you chosen this approach for an intial cycle? I checked your profile, there are no stats posted there. Can you fill us in on your stats (age, weight, height, waist size, apprx. body fat, lifting experience, etc.)?

I did notice your profile biography mentions "wants to get ripped."
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 07-26-2003 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Good points, bdtr. Maybe we should have CarbonCopy chime in on why he has chosen this approach.

CarbonCopy,
    Uh...Why have you chosen this approach for an intial cycle? I checked your profile, there are no stats posted there. Can you fill us in on your stats (age, weight, height, waist size, apprx. body fat, lifting experience, etc.)?

I did notice your profile biography mentions "wants to get ripped."

I have chosen this approach (low dose) because as I stated I am very in tune with my body and I know how it reacts to drugs. My system is very sensitive to drugs of any kind. But the main reason I chose the gear and dosages I did is because I really don't want to blow up and get huge. That isn't my goal at all, and since I play a lot of sports that involve quick explosive movements being real bulky would only hurt my performance. I am looking for strength gains and fat loss without blowing up. I’ve been training hard, but I feel my body is at a sticking point as far as fat loss vs strength gains. I don’t think I can keep my muscle, lose weight, and at the same time gain strength. I never filed out my profile because I didn’t want to put my personal info on the net, but here they are as of today –

Age -27
    Ht – 6’0
    Weight – 190lb
    Waist – 34
    BF – 10%
    Training - 5 years serious but IMO 2 years of very effective training.
    Goal – add strength, speed, and lose body fat

Thanks all,
    CC

Thread Information