Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Extremely High Estrogen! GYNO! 5 years since last cycle

soyloco is offline New Member

Extremely High Estrogen! GYNO! 5 years since last cycle

So my last cycle was in 2016 which was Tren E and Test e. Did a normal PCT of Clomid and Nolva. Occasionally I could feel my estrogen rebound over the years although i was off cycle. Usually Tamox fixed the issues. Last month I felt like crap so I started taking Tamox and Clomid again with 0 effect. Just got my blood results back. Test seems to be normal but estrogen is higher than its ever been.

Total Test: 963ng/dl
    Free Tes: 138.7 pg/ml
    Total Estrogen: 184.8 pg/ml

I do have gyno on my right nipple. Luckily I just recieved Tamox, Clomid, and Letro. My question is, which one to start with? My thoughts would be to start with Letro since the estrogen is so high to lower it until gyno is gone and then follow up with Tamox to prevent a rebound.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Two things:
    1 - post the ranges for your tests
    2 - is that the estradiol sensitive test?
    Heres a screen shot of the results

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	181302

You should get your Estradiol sensitive checked. It may be called E2 Sensitive depending on where you get your bloodwork.

That said, your estrogen is not over range and clomid can jack with your estrogen. Also, clomid should not be part of the protocol for gyno. Look at raloxifene.
    Thanks for your response! I called around different labs in my area and all the tests seem to be only Estrogen Total and they don't offer any other tests. So if my estrogen is "within range", then why do I have gyno and all the symptoms of high estrogen. ED, Depression, Gyno etc? Lab stuff always confuses me. I was under the impression that normal estrogen levels in men are between 10-60 pg/ml.

At this point, you can't know for sure what is causing your gyno. It could be the SERMs, I could be your prolactin out of whack, it's hard to say without bloodwork.

If you are in the USA, in MOST states, you can order your own bloodwork from sites like ultalabtests or privatemdlabs.

And according to you lab work, estrogen ranges on this test, clearly not the sensitive one, is 60 to 190. At roughly 185, you are not over range. This illustrates the importance of keeping bloodwork consistent. It becomes difficult to compare raw numbers when we change tests and sometimes just labs between blood draws. Thus, the importance of including ranges.

A few other obvious things... how do you know you have gyno and not just an unfortunate distribution of fat? Don't guess at what is wrong, talk to your doc and or order bloodwork on your own. You could probably use a full blood workup, including thyroid panel, but start with at least the ones already discussed.
    Yea the different labs make it more confusing. I have a lump behind my right nipple and its very sensitive. So the test only shows estrogen total but not e1, e2 etc? So I still would need the e2 sensitive test to find out my true e2 values correct? I had a full blood panel done a few months ago but did not include any hormone related tests but tests came back normal.

This test is the one you need
    https://www.ultalabtests.com/shop/it...itive-lc-ms-ms

Thyroid panel. Prolactin. Get those if you want to be thorough.

Do not try to compare numbers from one lab to another. You will make yourself bananas doing that. Get the sensitive test and see where you really are.

Get the bloodwork. I recommend not doing anything until it comes back. Oh and you probably should avoid letro unless you have experience with it. It is no joke. And likely not needed here.
    Perfect thanks for pointing me in the right direction! You are awesome!!

Thread Information