Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Question T3 - Titrating down from 75mcg

I'm on week 5 of an 8-week cycle of T3.

Week 1-4: 50mcg daily
    Week 5-6: 75mcg daily
    Week 7: 50mcg daily
    Week 8: 25 mcg daily

This is the first week that I've upped the dosage to 75 mcg, I definitely feel a bit warm and supercharged, and I wouldn't want to go any higher than this.

Some guides on the internet say that you should come off T3 very slowly, as in the last 45% of your cycle should be spent reducing dosage to zero. If I were to follow that guide then I'd be spending 3.5 weeks of my 8-week cycle titrating down from 75mcg to 0mcg.

Now that I'm at 75mcg daily, will it be okay to spend one week at 50mcg and then another week at 25mcg before coming off?

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I'm on week 5 of an 8-week cycle of T3.

Week 1-4: 50mcg daily
    Week 5-6: 75mcg daily
    Week 7: 50mcg daily
    Week 8: 25 mcg daily

This is the first week that I've upped the dosage to 75 mcg, I definitely feel a bit warm and supercharged, and I wouldn't want to go any higher than this.

Some guides on the internet say that you should come off T3 very slowly, as in the last 45% of your cycle should be spent reducing dosage to zero. If I were to follow that guide then I'd be spending 3.5 weeks of my 8-week cycle titrating down from 75mcg to 0mcg.

Now that I'm at 75mcg daily, will it be okay to spend one week at 50mcg and then another week at 25mcg before coming off?
    I am not sure where this information came from so I cannot comment on it.
    I will tell you that I have never come off slowly nor have I known anyone to follow that protocol.

If I were to guess, I would say that the reasoning behind this could be based on a medical condition and not a normal acting thyroid. Coming off of T3 will likely effect your T4 conversion. I believe this to be for a short period, however If you are low on T4, it does take awhile to change your levels.

With that being said, as long as you are above 25, your body is not going to produce. I am not sure about the tapering at levels above 25. And then taking 25….. that is what your body produces, so why take it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I will tell you that I have never come off slowly nor have I known anyone to follow that protocol.
    So you reckon I can go from 75mcg to 0mcg in one day?

I'm not sure how long I'll tolerate the way I feel on 75mcg, I'm hoping I get used to it. Feeling warm and have bad concentration and just feel a little aggitated/irritable. But my abs are really starting to come out, I only have about 2 - 4 more pounds to lose, so I might tolerate this for a week or two.

I currently weigh 143 lbs and I think I'm at about 10% bodyfat. So that means I have 14.3 lbs of fat on me. And so in order to get to 8%, I need to reduce that 14.3 lbs of fat to 11.2 lbs, so I need to lose 3.11 lbs of fat now.

All I'm doing is getting my body ready to look good for a sun holiday so there's no point going below 8% because I actually want to enjoy my life. As soon as I'm finished this 8-week cycle, I'm going back to having nice nutrituous breakfasts of porridge and fresh fruit -- no more of this zero carb bullshit and having a protein shake for breakfast (it's extremely effective for fat loss but it's no way to live).

With that being said, as long as you are above 25, your body is not going to produce. I am not sure about the tapering at levels above 25. And then taking 25….. that is what your body produces, so why take it?
    Tren and deca shut down your Testosterone production to below 10%, so that's a good example of your body stopping producing something naturally because you're taking it in unnaturally (and you can literally feel with your hand that a part of your body is getting smaller).

But the thyroid doesn't shut down from exogenous T3 like how the testicles shut down from exogenous androgens. A shutdown thyroid still runs at above 50%. So if you take 25mcg T3 then your body only reduces its own production from ~25 to ~18. At least that's what I've been reading about the thyroid.

Thread Information