• 1 Post By tlaloc
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 2 Post By tbjake34
  • 1 Post By clarky.

Thread: Back acne advice

BS3915 is offline New Member

Back acne advice

Have been on test for a few years now, cycle around 15 weeks at a time, always do a relatively decent PCT.

Literally the only side effect I have ever had is back acne, everything else I can control with diet & just your usual hygiene routines.

It’s not horrific, it will just be red bumps across the back and at worst top of shoulders, by no means is it sore, aggressive or irritating, I just don’t like it.

I’ve been to my doctor who gave me a cream, I literally laughed at what they prescribed, I got given a single 10g tube of cream, two issues with that

- 10g covered the area twice, so one day supply
    - unfortunately I do not have the flexibility to reach my own back

What is there out there what people recommend?

I’m fine with Pharmaceutical or even shop brought products, ideally something I can apply myself, or orally take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkris is offline New Member
    I am running a cycle currently and I have been facing the same issue, (acne on my back, shoulders and upper chest) until I tried this. Nizoral shampoo. Someone recommended that in this forum. It helped me significantly. I use it like a body wash after my workout and no itch for 48 hours.
    Along with that, I am taking Vitamin B5 and Zinc. I follow the dosage from Austinite's acne protocol thread.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don’t use a loofa in the shower either, they hold a shit ton of bacteria and can exacerbate acne.

I’d use a nice dry course brush to exfoliate after you’re dry and then use an astringent afterwards (I really like a good witch hazel).

You just need a partner to help you exfoliate and apply the astringent
    clarky. and bkris like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I get acne if I don’t use a loofa on a stick. I always rinse it out after using it, tough. If I go on a trip and forget to bring my loofa with me, within a few days I’ll have some acne develop.

I’ve tried all kinds of body washes and the men’s Bed Bath & Body Works seems to work the best for me. Any soap that has moisturizer in it will add to the problem, so avoid those.

On cycle it’s hard to avoid bacne if you’re prone to it, even with all the measures you take. Being consistent with the injections and maintaining stable hormone levels is key to reducing the acne bloom. I am currently on just Trt and missed a couple of shots while on a trip, and so I doubled up on the HCG when I remembered. I got a few of those itchy deep zits within a week.

Last thing is to dry your back completely when you get out of the shower. I don’t know about you guys but I’ll get the worst zits in the middle of my back, on the spine, where the towel doesn’t reach.

bkris is offline New Member
    Probably everyone's skin is different. But ditching the loofa like SamsonAndDelilah suggested helped me. I switched to silicon based backscrubber which can be held like towel. Easy to clean and just 8 bucks in amazon. I know Loofa gives a sense of satisfaction in scrubbing but the fibrous insides could be moist when outside is dey and can develop fungi. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by bkris View Post
    Probably everyone's skin is different. But ditching the loofa like SamsonAndDelilah suggested helped me. I switched to silicon based backscrubber which can be held like towel. Easy to clean and just 8 bucks in amazon. I know Loofa gives a sense of satisfaction in scrubbing but the fibrous insides could be moist when outside is dey and can develop fungi. My 2 cents.
    I bought one of them silicon back scrubbers, I literally don’t understand how it works, I get the movement but It just feels like it’s wiping my back rather than getting in there and cleaning, I may take another trip to my doctor and make out like it’s a bit worse than it is, in hope I can get some proper pharmaceutical products instead of 10g of gel

Slowhand is offline Associate Member
    lots of things work.

Dial anti-bacterial bar soap is ridiculously good for body acne.

Nizoral as mentioned, especially if you have a fungal focilitis

B5

Tanning UV kills both bacteria and fungal.

And of course Accutane will almost always work. My only regret with accutane was not starting it at 20 instead of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
    lots of things work.

Dial anti-bacterial bar soap is ridiculously good for body acne.

Nizoral as mentioned, especially if you have a fungal focilitis

B5

Tanning UV kills both bacteria and fungal.

And of course Accutane will almost always work. My only regret with accutane was not starting it at 20 instead of 30.
    Can I ask more about the accutane?

What was your dosage and for how long?

How long for you to notice a difference?

And lastly what side effects if any did you have?

I’ve been interested in accutane for a while, my doctor won’t give it to me but I can get pharmaceutical accutane from the same place as my testosterone , quite expensive though so always been apprehensive to try it

I can get results on accutane at as little as 20mg daily. Dry lips week 1-2, acne free within 2 months and I’ll run it 100 days (100 pills)

The results are not permanent for me. If I go 40mg maaaaybe.

At 20mg though it barely affects my liver value and doesn’t affect my HDL… you will get sunburnt and tan crazy easy as well.

I use UG Accutane it’s fairly priced for that expensive UG brand.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    Following!

Worst is the damn scars that don´t heal after, so when cycle is done I have to re-do laser over and over and over ....
    For me it´s definitely keeping stable hormon levels, they explode if I fluctuate too much.
    Another thing to consider is avoiding sugar like the plague, not like food and fruits, but candy and soda.
    Water intake, change bed linens often (sheets are a nightmare after a few days).
    Also avoid having detergent left on clean shirt and change shirt everyday.

Basically, sweat, bacteria, sugar, and chemicals is an army of culprits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    Following!

Worst is the damn scars that don´t heal after, so when cycle is done I have to re-do laser over and over and over ....
    For me it´s definitely keeping stable hormon levels, they explode if I fluctuate too much.
    Another thing to consider is avoiding sugar like the plague, not like food and fruits, but candy and soda.
    Water intake, change bed linens often (sheets are a nightmare after a few days).
    Also avoid having detergent left on clean shirt and change shirt everyday.

Basically, sweat, bacteria, sugar, and chemicals is an army of culprits.
    Want to know my secret for acne red marks? Those IPL devices like Braun… while not great at permanently removing hair yields about a 5-10% reduction in red mark with each flash you’ll notice a huge difference everytime you use the device… I’ve gotten up to a 30% reduction each week using the Braun.

tlaloc is offline Junior Member
    I am very acne prone, no matter what anabolic compound I use. It sucks.

I havent gotten around to trying accutane yet.

The only thing that has 100% killed my acne so far was a Cephelexin cycle when I had a skin infection recently (not roid related) This is of course not a sustainable thing.

One thing that has helped a lot is going to the tanning booth just 3 times per week, nothing crazy like a competition tan, just a nice moderate tan.

I got a bunch of Retin A Tretinoin that I have not gotten around to using yet.

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    Back acne is more common than you might have thought. Dermatologists recommend wearing sweat-wicking clothes when working out. I always take shower after a workout as letting the sweat and dirt sit on your skin after a workout can be a big contributor to back acne. Also, tea tree oil helps me. And really, according to the Canadian pharmacy, acne can develop as a side effect of some medicines like certain antidepressants. I'd start with benzoyl peroxide (5-10%) body wash. I like one from Humane.
    Last edited by Frank777; 11-21-2021 at 04:16 AM.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Don’t use a loofa in the shower either, they hold a shit ton of bacteria and can exacerbate acne.

I’d use a nice dry course brush to exfoliate after you’re dry and then use an astringent afterwards (I really like a good witch hazel).

You just need a partner to help you exfoliate and apply the astringent
    True brother, but just wash it with your towels in some bleach. The sponge in your sink, if non scratching kind-microwave for 1 min, otherwise replace it weekly.
    clarky. likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Oh, I use a 12" by 36" lufa like cloth.

Also, for back acne,
    -benzoil peroxide 10%, in soap. Try not to use it before exposing back to sun.
    -chlorhexidene 4%, very lightly rinse or don't rinse at all, it's effective for up to 8 hours.
    -moderate warm water while washing back to avoid inflamation.
    clarky. likes this.

tbjake34 is offline Senior Member
    I did a 4 week cycle of accutane at 20mg a day and it for rid of my acne and it never came back.
    clarky. and Slowhand like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Seriously, try everything before using Accutane. There is lots of remedies out there to try, we all know it is hormone based just like a teenager or one of us running a cycle or blast.

For me sunshine never came in to it lol as i live in Scotland sun beds shops are not close to me either lol, yeah am fucked haha. I did and do use Accutane when required at 20mg day.

This works for me, very dry skin and lips though. Bloods seem to be fine so this works for me, this does not! Work for everyone.
    Slowhand likes this.

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    I know this is going to sound crazy but Lysol... Don't spray it directly on your skin, but when I used to get back acne from gear I would spray my bed sheet with basic lysol and it would clear my back acne right up. I then started sleeping in a comfy very loose T shirt and would lightly spray the inside of the T shirt with lysol and sleep with it on. I never ran into any issues doing this and it would clean the acne right up. Swear by it.

Thread Information