• 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 2 Post By Cylon357
  • 2 Post By Chark
  • 3 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 3 Post By redz

Thread: Do I need to come off cycle?

rise_against is offline Junior Member

Do I need to come off cycle?

Started a blast about 5 weeks ago to prep for a powerlifting meet. I'm currently taking 750mg test cyp and 100mg tren ace EOD. I've been in a drawn out process of getting trt prescribed and was just prescribed 140mg of test per week. The doctor does know that I do take PEDs and want to continue taking PEDs. At first he told me that he would want follow up blood work after 6 months so I thought that would give me time to compete and then come off. But today he told me he wants blood work in 3 months. Debating if I should lower my test dose to the trt and continue with tren or just come off all together and only do trt. Been looking forward to this meet since last year...
    Last edited by rise_against; 12-06-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Also he told me that my BMI is obese and that I need to be 200 pounds. I'm currently a fairly lean 245. That's just not possible even if I was completely shredded.

Chark is offline Member
    I think a lot of guys just defer their bloodwork when they know they're going to test off. Call and say you can't make it and ask to reschedule. No experience personally but that sounds like the best option so you can make the meet.
    Cuz and rise_against like this.

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rise_against View Post
    Also he told me that my BMI is obese and that I need to be 200 pounds. I'm currently a fairly lean 245. That's just not possible even if I was completely shredded.
    If you have a muscular physique your BMI is going to be high. It's a calculation that only compares your height to your weight.
    Cylon357, Cornish and rise_against like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    I think a lot of guys just defer their bloodwork when they know they're going to test off. Call and say you can't make it and ask to reschedule. No experience personally but that sounds like the best option so you can make the meet.
    That is an option I suppose. I'm getting a 6 month supply so I imagine as long as I tested before I run out I'd be able to get it refilled... Have ugl test now

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    If you have a muscular physique your BMI is going to be high. It's a calculation that only compares your height to your weight.
    This. BMI is almost useless. It's just some easy ratio that provides guidelines, but doesn't consider body composition.
    XnavyHMCS and Cornish like this.

Blog Entries
    Started a blast about 5 weeks ago to prep for a powerlifting meet. I'm currently taking 750mg test cyp and 100mg tren ace EOD. I've been in a drawn out process of getting trt prescribed and was just prescribed 140mg of test per week. The doctor does know that I do take PEDs and want to continue taking PEDs. At first he told me that he would want follow up blood work after 6 months so I thought that would give me time to compete and then come off. But today he told me he wants blood work in 3 months. Debating if I should lower my test dose to the trt and continue with tren or just come off all together and only do trt. Been looking forward to this meet since last year...
    Continue with your plan, and reschedule the blood work. If you have UGL test that treats you right, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

If the doc is cool with your PED use, MAYBE tell him you are blasting for a meet and can't do bloodwork right now. But man, that's a big and I mean BIG maybe. Personally, I probably wouldn’t risk it, but your doc sounds cool so maybe it's ok in your case.
    rise_against likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Continue with your plan, and reschedule the blood work. If you have UGL test that treats you right, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

If the doc is cool with your PED use, MAYBE tell him you are blasting for a meet and can't do bloodwork right now. But man, that's a big and I mean BIG maybe. Personally, I probably wouldn’t risk it, but your doc sounds cool so maybe it's ok in your case.
    I asked questions prior to scheduling an appointment. Like I blast and plan to continue blasting. I'd rather do it under the supervision of a doctor than on my own. But yeah probably won't say anything. Just postpone the bloodwork. How long does it take for 750mg of cyp to level out after blast? Couple months?

Blog Entries
    I asked questions prior to scheduling an appointment. Like I blast and plan to continue blasting. I'd rather do it under the supervision of a doctor than on my own. But yeah probably won't say anything. Just postpone the bloodwork. How long does it take for 750mg of cyp to level out after blast? Couple months?
    I would think 5 half lives at most, so for test cyp roughly 40 days, possibly less. It should be gone completely by then. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
    Chark and rise_against like this.

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I would think 5 half lives at most, so for test cyp roughly 40 days, possibly less. It should be gone completely by then. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
    This is my understanding. Note that this is only if you stop injections completely, if you drop to TRT it will take longer to eliminate.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I would procrastinate the bloodwork as long as possible. If your doctor knows you're on gear, then he's probably not going to give a shit what your hormone levels are and he's more going to be concerned with shit like your RBC and lipid profiles. I'd suggest giving blood before getting any bloodwork tested if you can't get off in time for them.

But then again I'm not your doctor. I don't know too many doctors that are cool with their patients running PE doses. My doctor isn't cool with that and if I popped with a high test level he'd probably drop me as a patient. So take that for what it's worth.
    Chark, Cuz and SampsonandDelilah like this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My BMI has been screwed my whole life. Who cares!

Finally Getting my trt in the mail within the next couple weeks. The timing really couldn't be worse. Currently cruising but want to start a blast about 12 weeks out from the meet. I guess I could lower the test dose a little so it doesn't take as long to eliminate. But the blood test would be scheduled for 10 weeks after I start taking trt. Realistically Im not going to start taking it until After the meet. Wondering if I should straight up tell them that. I did tell them I use ped and going to continue ped. Also brought that up during the intake and asked if they would be willing to monitor that and they said yes. Maybe best to be honest? It's merek health by the way if anybody is interested. I know there are some pro lifters who use them for trt an monitoring.

Thread Information