Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By 956Vette
  • 2 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Gyno - mixed answers!

Graham1992 is offline New Member

Gyno - mixed answers!

Hi everyone,

I have recently had gynocomastia surgery - both glands have been completed removed. I have always used AI on cycle and bloods were always satisfactory. Prior to using AAS, I took finasteride for years (hairloss) and I believe the majority of my gynocomastia was caused by finasteride. So gyno has been a long standing issue.

My question;

Can gynocomastia return if I use AAS once again (with an AI as always)? I won't be using finasteride for the rest of my days!

I find it hard to believe that glandular gynocomastia can return, considering the gland has been removed - but the surgeon said its quite possible for my body to regenerate the glands.

Any advice?

Thank you all
    G

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Finasteride is a hell of a drug, sorry you've gone through it, worst is definitely behind you. While your doctor is accurate, gyno can return (probably to a lesser, more manageable extent), expect the freedom you'll enjoy (having removed gyno) to be dramatic.
    Chark and Cylon357 like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I had both glands removed - I have a whole thread on it somewhere

It tried to come back, I hit it with a little Dex, then a little dex again - straight dead af now. Nothing provokes it now.

It can grow back tho - anything within our body can happen really
    Cylon357 and 956Vette like this.

Thank you both for your replies.

I'm 2 weeks into gynocomastia surgery recovery and still some way off getting back to the gym - but already an amazing difference in how my chest looks and feels.

Is it really worth tempting fate with using AAS again, or stick with TRT, that's the question now I must ask myself...

Also, Vette, you are so right with finasteride. Loosing my hair like crazy at 19 years old I was willing to do anything to keep it. At the time, you name it - I done it!

My kids will be told to avoid finasteride if they value thier natural Testosterone and avoiding having tits!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham1992 View Post
    Is it really worth tempting fate with using AAS again, or stick with TRT, that's the question now I must ask myself...

Meh

I actually tried random shit out on myself after the glands completely went offline. Before I couldn’t run Proviron or certain other compounds that would make my gyno flare up. And - nothing whatsoever. . .

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham1992 View Post
    Also, Vette, you are so right with finasteride. Loosing my hair like crazy at 19 years old I was willing to do anything to keep it. At the time, you name it - I done it!

My kids will be told to avoid finasteride if they value thier natural Testosterone and avoiding having tits!
    Feel your pain brother, sad the commitment to keeping hair leaves many high and dry - often wonder if the right thing to do is to also onboard prospective teenage finasteride to testosterone therapy at the same time, as both are long term commits - it's not easy. Difficult to admit to being a finasteride user (definitely not advocate) for over 2 decades, oof.

Thread Information