Iowa Boy is offline Associate Member

DOXYCYCLINE is this good?

My source said that this was really good for acne. I was just wondering what you guys thought. By the way, like a jack-ass I already bought it. I was sold on anything that would help with acne.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Didn't help at all, get isotrex.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    i have had a prescription to it for a long time now, and i can say it does a great job combined with something else like tazorac or retin A. The doxycycline is just an antibiotic and that helps prevent a lot of the bacteria that cause acne, its also prescribed to prevent malaria if you visit africa, but depending on how oily your skin is and your age and genetics it might not be enough. I would just go see a dermatologist and ask for it and retin A odds are you'll get it. If you got anymore questions about it let me know.

Iowa Boy is offline Associate Member
    Bro, I live in some small backwards town. There is no dermatologist. What else should I take. I can almost anything. Family members my sister married into are docs.

do a search and you will find a few places you can order from..........

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Boy
    Bro, I live in some small backwards town. There is no dermatologist. What else should I take. I can almost anything. Family members my sister married into are docs.
    Well considering you already bought the doxycycline i'm gonna assume you have a source for it, well then i would head to the grocery store and get something for your face that has benzol peroxide or salicyclic acid in the ingredients. You might try witch hazel, it works pretty well as a drying agent. But really your best bet is to just order these products off the internet, there are plenty of sites that sell acne related products. Also, it takes a few weeks to get noticeable results from the doxycycline so i hope you have plenty of it.

phatkid77 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeoe
    Well considering you already bought the doxycycline i'm gonna assume you have a source for it, well then i would head to the grocery store and get something for your face that has benzol peroxide or salicyclic acid in the ingredients. You might try witch hazel, it works pretty well as a drying agent. But really your best bet is to just order these products off the internet, there are plenty of sites that sell acne related products. Also, it takes a few weeks to get noticeable results from the doxycycline so i hope you have plenty of it.
    daddydbol....you like the isotrex????? i want to try as i have done accutane twice and that is too expensive

yeh its pretty good, it will however dry you up. I never broke out before, but this last cycle had me really messed up. I went to the derm and got 3 differnt cremes and pills. Pm me and I will get you the site.

Thread Information