• 3 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By clarky.
  • 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By XnavyHMCS
  • 1 Post By XnavyHMCS
  • 2 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 3 Post By charger69

Thread: What are the least painful syringes for sreroids?

TheDreamer is offline Associate Member

What are the least painful syringes for sreroids?

Are there any out there that causes less pain?

Swilderbeast is offline Junior Member
    I did a lot of reading reviews across Amazon and it seems Terumo makes the sharpest needles. That’s what I went and ordered.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    Your screen name (ugh... if that's what it's called in the online world...) is quite fitting here, "TheDreamer", because here, with this post; you're dreaming...

Just a bit of a joke, no harm intended, buddy.

As far as injection pain, discomfort is concerned, certainly a sharp needle is the better choice, and also if/when we are drawing multiple solutions into one syringe, we should change the business end, the needle, before we inject, because penetrating the vial stopper is going to substantially dull the cutting edge of the needle.

Personally, I find that the pain / discomfort is just something which you get use to after some time. Not to say that sometimes there isn't more pain (or less), but I just feel like it has become a question of tolerance...

I personally have never shopped around for the "sharpest" needles...

Good luck on your journey. You are in the right place for information; that's for sure...!!!

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like BD “precision glide” with the luer lock
    Hoss34 and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    I like BD “precision glide” with the luer lock
    BD... These are "as old as dirt" (or as old as some of us long in the tooth types here on the forum), with this brand being the first needle/s I ever used; at the ripe old age of 18yo...
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Are you sure it wasn’t made of whale bone or Woolley mammoth tusk??
    clarky., Cylon357 and XnavyHMCS like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There are a couple of different things to look at.
    One is the sharpness ( already discussed) and the other is gage.
    I was going to pick on Navy about worrying about dulling a needle with the stopper and then I thought, “I’m not much better”. I draw with a 23 gage and pin with a 25 gage…… sometimes. Most of the time I backfill slin pins and pin with the slin pins (29 gage).
    I usually pin daily ( 1/2 life doesn’t matter). The main reason is that I do not have scar tissue with the slin pins by pinning as much as I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    XnavyHMCS, clarky. and Cylon357 like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    I use Terumo, i have used BD in the past both no bother to me.
    almostgone likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    There are a couple of different things to look at.
    One is the sharpness ( already discussed) and the other is gage.
    I was going to pick on Navy about worrying about dulling a needle with the stopper and then I thought, “I’m not much better”. I draw with a 23 gage and pin with a 25 gage…… sometimes. Most of the time I backfill slin pins and pin with the slin pins (29 gage).
    I usually pin daily ( 1/2 life doesn’t matter). The main reason is that I do not have scar tissue with the slin pins by pinning as much as I do.

I used to think it didn't matter, then I tried a fresh needle. Man, it is surprising how much piercing a single vial dulls a needle. I usually draw my hgh and peptides with a 31g 8mm and inject with the same needle. It doesn't hurt, but sometimes takes a minute to go in. If I back fill, or luer lock and change the needle before injection, it's almost nothing.

OP, I've had good luck with BD as mentioned, and also with Excel. But I think the real key to lessening discomfort is gauge and freshness.
    TheDreamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I used to think it didn't matter, then I tried a fresh needle. Man, it is surprising how much piercing a single vial dulls a needle. I usually draw my hgh and peptides with a 31g 8mm and inject with the same needle. It doesn't hurt, but sometimes takes a minute to go in. If I back fill, or luer lock and change the needle before injection, it's almost nothing.

OP, I've had good luck with BD as mentioned, and also with Excel. But I think the real key to lessening discomfort is gauge and freshness.
    I forgot to mention.. I use BD luee lock.

I still think that Navy is just getting old. I was expecting him to say that he would pin with 18 gage.

Now, slin pins are very different with the HGH drawing and pinning. Those dull quickly, especially when you don’t get the center and just get rubber stopper a couple of times.

Cylon357 and XnavyHMCS like this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

I still think that Navy is just getting old. I was expecting him to say that he would pin with 18 gage.

Now, slin pins are very different with the HGH drawing and pinning. Those dull quickly, especially when you don’t get the center and just get rubber stopper a couple of times.

Yeah, that is a pisser... First World Problem, maybe, but still a pisser

I got you here buddy... At 56 yo, I ain't the man I was...

But I still, from time to time, draw from numerous vials, then dart myself with the same needle. Most commonly, in those cases, penetration, piercing of the skin is markedly slower and much less comfortable.

I am a firm believer that drawing with one needle, then switching to a fresh one, is the way to go, when injecting... Oddly, I do not always follow that protocol...

Also, for you guys who are "backfilling"...

How is this done? I don't understand how it's done... I have tried pulling the plunger out, then loading the syringe, then putting the plunger back in; only to end up losing quite a bit of the gas in the syringe...

Charger69, care to explain, please?

Whale bone... I love it...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post

How is this done? I don't understand how it's done... I have tried pulling the plunger out, then loading the syringe, then putting the plunger back in; only to end up losing quite a bit of the gas in the syringe...

You know I love you Navy, you’re the fucking man!

Would kill to sit down and drink whiskey with you and listen to your travels, can only imagine. Happy New Year and hope you’re doing great!
    XnavyHMCS and JaneDoe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post

Damn- we are the same age…. I take that back- you are like a spring chicken!

I pull with a 3ml syringe. I take the plunger out of the slin pin and fill. I just put the plunger in so it doesn’t leak and turn it upside down and let the air go toward the needle. Push the plunger up and your ready to go.

Cylon357, XnavyHMCS and Booz like this.

THANKS bro...!!!

I am actually injecting, more and more frequently, with slin needles (or just a gauge above slin size). With this size I shoot into my pectorals and biceps, sometimes shoulders, but once I gave myself a sub q shot like that...

Damn- we are the same age…. I take that back- you are like a spring chicken!

I pull with a 3ml syringe. I take the plunger out of the slin pin and fill. I just put the plunger in so it doesn’t leak and turn it upside down and let the air go toward the needle. Push the plunger up and your ready to go.

Jesus Charger69...??? I would have NEVER thought (why I don't know...) that you were as old as I am... Take it as a compliment; I thought you were more fortunate...

Tovarasu is offline Junior Member
    I currently use a 16 mm needle to slef inject 10mls of cerebrloysin in my quads everyday with different leg on each day. Very easy, the secret is to press on your skin.Heres a video that helped me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E__kMjcp0XM

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You probably should use a higher gauge needle if you want less pain. That and sliding it in slowly and injecting slowly.

I also avoid muscles like quads due to the pain.

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    First of all you need to get your terminology straight, specifically when asking questions. If I am not mistaken your question is about needles, not syringes.

It depends on the volume of your Intramuscular Injection. For HRT I use an insulin syringe and a 27g 1.25 or 28g 3/4 inch needle. No pain and slides into the muscle like butter. My injections are 0.4 to 0.3ml so very small needles are great. If you are doing more than 1ml/cc I would recommend a 25g. needle. I prefer Terumo needles.

PS: I always use LUER-LOK, esp when using small gauge needles.
    Last edited by Iranon; 01-19-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Thread Information