Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By wellshii
  • 1 Post By s1nc1ty

Thread: Failed Self Bleeding (phlebotomy)

Oxbow is offline New Member

Failed Self Bleeding (phlebotomy)

Hi everyone,

I take AAS for more than 15 years, I blast and cruise and I am on TRT (medically prescribed)

The only side effect that ruins my life is high hematocrit. It limits my steroid use , I don't know why but I runned 4 weeks of 200mg of Deca (It's not a lot) with TRT, and my hematocrit went from 50 to 55 in 4 weeks. Got headaches and I had to stop AAS because of the risk of strokes and heart attack.

I went to donate blood but they refused me. It's also had to get a medical prescription for bleeding.

I know a lot of guys performs self bleeding, like in this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9Q1HjIdPk

It looked so simple, so I went into my bathroom in the bathtub, I disinfected with ethanol and then stuck a normal syringe in my vein, just the syringe, thinking that the blood would flow.

It did not work at all, the blood flowed maybe 1 mL then stop flowing, then it flowed INSIDE my arm, left a huge dark stain in the arm.

I have a lot of questions:

- Do you need negative pressure or suction to get the blood flowing, or can it just flow normally?
    - Do you know a site where we can buy the material? What material do we need?
    - I understood the hard way that we can't use a normal needle. Do we need a butterfly needle?

To the people who do that, any tips or advice ?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Why were you refused? Especially with a referral

It's not as easy as it sounds - My wife used to do mine for a few years, but it's just easier to go in.
    Booz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    You should have donated at 50 hct and then you wouldnt have an issue. They are refusing you because your hemoglobin is over 20. Yeah, Id never do that shit when hospitals and clinics will do a phlebotomy for pretty much nothing usually you will need a referral if you do it at the hospital. Let this be a lesson. Dont let your hct get over 50 and then decide you want to run AAS which vastly reproduce RBC thus in turn raising BP, HCT, HMG and on and on.
    wellshii likes this.

teedoff is online now Member
    Self administered blood letting? Wth! Umm thats a hard no from me. Lol

TheDRG is offline New Member
    Many years ago I ran high doses of EQ and my RBC and Blood pressure would creep up over time. I was in a cholesterol study at the time so they would draw blood every week for labs. That kept everything in check. I think you are on the right track but I wouldn't let blood myself unless desperate. You could order your own labs from private md labs. The full package drops your blood volume quite a bit but it does cost ~$400.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxbow View Post
    Hi everyone,

I take AAS for more than 15 years, I blast and cruise and I am on TRT (medically prescribed)

The only side effect that ruins my life is high hematocrit. It limits my steroid use , I don't know why but I runned 4 weeks of 200mg of Deca (It's not a lot) with TRT, and my hematocrit went from 50 to 55 in 4 weeks. Got headaches and I had to stop AAS because of the risk of strokes and heart attack.

I went to donate blood but they refused me. It's also had to get a medical prescription for bleeding.

I know a lot of guys performs self bleeding, like in this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9Q1HjIdPk

It looked so simple, so I went into my bathroom in the bathtub, I disinfected with ethanol and then stuck a normal syringe in my vein, just the syringe, thinking that the blood would flow.

It did not work at all, the blood flowed maybe 1 mL then stop flowing, then it flowed INSIDE my arm, left a huge dark stain in the arm.

I have a lot of questions:

- Do you need negative pressure or suction to get the blood flowing, or can it just flow normally?
    - Do you know a site where we can buy the material? What material do we need?
    - I understood the hard way that we can't use a normal needle. Do we need a butterfly needle?

To the people who do that, any tips or advice ?
    I'll just say it sounds like you did everything wrong, and I would use isopropyl for disinfection. Just reading through your post, it sounds like you had the bevel of the needle facing down instead of up, so the needle was entirely inside of one wall of the vein.

Not everyone can do this. Sounds like you need to find a phelobotomist or phlebotomy student to help you.
    FWIW, I use an 18 ga. needless when I find this necessary to do.

What was your platelet count like?
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-08-2023 at 05:47 PM.
    wellshii and < <Samson> > like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

wellshii is offline Member
    If youre on trt medically prescribed, have them write you a script for a Phlebotomy.
    Drink a ton of water in the meantime .
    And if you must do it yourself, youtube has a ton of vids on how tos from actual medical channels. Thats how I got so damn good at Im injections.lol
    < <Samson> > and almostgone like this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Or you can try go ER bullshit them a little, say your hematocrit is so high and thet refused plhebotomy,you have such headache you can barely stand etc, make little drama and maybe theyl do it. Worth a try atleast if your desperate. They could do it pretty easily there probably
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    And if you must do it yourself, youtube has a ton of vids on how tos from actual medical channels. Thats how I got so damn good at Im injections.lol
    Actually this is all I want : doing a phlebotomy myself at home. I've spent hours on youtube there is absolutely no video to help me do that, no explaination at all

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Prob is coagulation. At a blood donation place the bags are prefilled with an anticoagulant.

Best thing I came up was sitting on a tall chair & have the bottle as low as possible < not really doable with one person

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Bass an old member here had a tutorial video on how to do a self bleed but idk how to find it

I would love to be that guy : https://youtu.be/fI9Q1HjIdPk

Just pin, bloods flows in bottle, 500mL, everything in 5 minuts, at home, when you want, no risk, no prescription, no payment, etc.

Then you can run anything without having cardiovascular issues like high hematocrit, high blood pressure, clots, strokes, heart attacks, etc.

He makes it looks soooo easy. I will try again. I just wonder what can I do to make the blood flow because sometimes it just does not flows

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    What is your hemoglobin? If it is quite close to 20 (i.e. not much over) you can super hydrate before going to a blood bank and it should get it below; a hematologist told me this before. Have your doctor order blood work with iron studies. If iron is within normal range but H&H is high you likely don't have a significant increase in thrombotic events, although the old thinking was one would. Do not use anadrol . If iron is elevated you need to be tested for hemochromatosis, because it can be quite dangerous.

Your TRT prescriber should be able to order therapeutic phlebotomy for you if your hemoglobin is far above 20 in which case a blood bank will not accept you. If your dr strangely refuses to order phlebotomy, the hydration trick doesn't work, and you have normal ferritin then message me for how to self phlebotomize. If your iron studies come back elevated you need a referral to hematology. I always prefer the hydration and blood bank because 1) you help somebody else, 2) materials are free, 3) a trained phlebotomist does it, and 4) around here you often get a $20 Amazon gift card or similar.

Thread Information