Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By wango

Thread: Systolic blood pressure - anxiety?

lgnorant is offline New Member

Systolic blood pressure - anxiety?

Currently on 250mg test e, no AI

My ranging blood pressure is 115-140 systolic and 60-75 diastolic

I am very fit , 29 years old and a very lean 170lb

I am a pretty anxious guy and this may be reflective onto my systolic, however any other mechanisms that may be impacting my systolic?

Supps i take;
    - 250mg test e (shot twice week)
    - Carditone 1 tab a day
    - Krill oil, Niacin, Multi

Thank you

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't lose sleep over it with your diastolic being where it is, but I would continue to monitor it for increased values of systolic or diastolic.

Try measuring your BP at the same time over a period of time. Say...once when you first awake but are still in bed, again after a gym session, and again at bedtime.

Now if you're injecting 250 mg twice per week, I would probably pull a sensitive E2 panel to see what it is running.

If you continue to run in the prehypertensive/hypertensive range, you may need something other than Carditone.

Just remember, the more you worry about it, the more your BP is likely to elevate. Definitely continue to monitor it.
    Cylon357 and < <Samson> > like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I wouldn't lose sleep over it with your diastolic being where it is, but I would continue to monitor it for increased values of systolic or diastolic.

Try measuring your BP at the same time over a period of time. Say...once when you first awake but are still in bed, again after a gym session, and again at bedtime.

Now if you're injecting 250 mg twice per week, I would probably pull a sensitive E2 panel to see what it is running.

If you continue to run in the prehypertensive/hypertensive range, you may need something other than Carditone.

Just remember, the more you worry about it, the more your BP is likely to elevate. Definitely continue to monitor it.
    The question moreso is, is there a specific mechanism that would be translating to a isolated hypertensive case? I've done some extensive reading and it seems ISH is quite common in the AAS world

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnorant View Post
    The question moreso is, is there a specific mechanism that would be translating to a isolated hypertensive case? I've done some extensive reading and it seems ISH is quite common in the AAS world
    High E2 levels can contribute, but usually once it hits, it's more of a generalized side effect. If you're prone to panic attacks or tend to be wound a little tight, that can contribute as well.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Without knowing your normal genetic blood pressure the numbers you give do not mean a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Without knowing your normal genetic blood pressure the numbers you give do not mean a lot.
    between 100-125 systolic

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    If you consider yourself anxious, I’d say, you should consider yourself fortunate with those BP measurements.

Ghostman_SW is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    If you consider yourself anxious, I’d say, you should consider yourself fortunate with those BP measurements.
    I am a very anxious person and have had panic attacks before. Before Finals I was in the Athletic Training Room and the Athletic Trainer watched as my blood pressure increased each time he measured it. He looked at me and said that I need to relax.

After Finals I took my blood pressure and it was in normal range again. That adrenaline dump can throw the numbers off.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman_SW View Post
    I am a very anxious person and have had panic attacks before. Before Finals I was in the Athletic Training Room and the Athletic Trainer watched as my blood pressure increased each time he measured it. He looked at me and said that I need to relax.

After Finals I took my blood pressure and it was in normal range again. That adrenaline dump can throw the numbers off.
    It’s good that you’re aware of it and it’s even better that it returns to normal afterwards. It’s the folks that are subconsciously anxious/ stressed that really need to be concerned, particularly if it’s already happening when they are young.

Man, how I don’t miss finals (or any tests for that matter).
    Ghostman_SW likes this.

Ghostman_SW is offline Junior Member
    One girl in high school had a panic attack and passed out. She hit her head on the locker. Panic attacks are no joke.

Thread Information