Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Iranon
  • 1 Post By n1x0n
  • 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By Iranon

Thread: Is using AI for the last weeks before a show standard practice?

n1x0n is offline Junior Member

Is using AI for the last weeks before a show standard practice?

I've been running a small Test E cycle for 12 weeks leading to a small local beginner show, 350mg ew. I won't be running anything else than test. I checked my E2 yesterday and it was at 61 pg/ml. I haven't been experiencing any symptoms except some minor acne and maybe some small water retention so I haven't added any AI. At this point 12 weeks in I'm not feeling that great but I guess it's due to me being at single digit BF% and not necessarily high E2. Blood pressure is 105/65 so no high BP.

Now I'm running closer to the show date and was thinking if I need to add an AI just in case I'm holding unnecessary water even though I'm not seeing any severe bloating. I think I'm holding SOME water but my noob eyes tells me it's mostly intracellular water.

Is it always standard practice to add an AI during last week's of prep? Or can it, like maybe creatine, serve it's purpose at adding intracellular water to make me look bigger?

Reminder, it's a small local beginner show so "extreme" hardness might maybe even be judged down?

So I have two alternatives.

1. Just ride with it and hope the excess water will be a positive thing not a negative

2. Add an AI like aromasin because water retention is always and never a good thing.

Looking for feedback from the more experienced crew on how you would have handled this. Again, I'm not trying to get a pro card or anything, it's just a first show, so not super big of a deal.

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n1x0n View Post
    I've been running a small Test E cycle for 12 weeks leading to a small local beginner show, 350mg ew. I won't be running anything else than test. I checked my E2 yesterday and it was at 61 pg/ml. I haven't been experiencing any symptoms except some minor acne and maybe some small water retention so I haven't added any AI. At this point 12 weeks in I'm not feeling that great but I guess it's due to me being at single digit BF% and not necessarily high E2. Blood pressure is 105/65 so no high BP.

Now I'm running closer to the show date and was thinking if I need to add an AI just in case I'm holding unnecessary water even though I'm not seeing any severe bloating. I think I'm holding SOME water but my noob eyes tells me it's mostly intracellular water.

Is it always standard practice to add an AI during last week's of prep? Or can it, like maybe creatine, serve it's purpose at adding intracellular water to make me look bigger?

Reminder, it's a small local beginner show so "extreme" hardness might maybe even be judged down?

So I have two alternatives.

1. Just ride with it and hope the excess water will be a positive thing not a negative

2. Add an AI like aromasin because water retention is always and never a good thing.

Looking for feedback from the more experienced crew on how you would have handled this. Again, I'm not trying to get a pro card or anything, it's just a first show, so not super big of a deal.
    I’m not a pro, nor have I event stepped on stage, but wouldn’t a diuretic be a better option than potentially crashing your E2?
    I’ve read about dandelion root being a decent natural option, or you could also research Aldactones or Dyazide, but those two options would need to be seriously researched .
    If you’re about to show, wouldn’t it be worth it to hire a prep coach?

Quote Originally Posted by RigPig View Post
    I’m not a pro, nor have I event stepped on stage, but wouldn’t a diuretic be a better option than potentially crashing your E2?
    I’ve read about dandelion root being a decent natural option, or you could also research Aldactones or Dyazide, but those two options would need to be seriously researched .
    If you’re about to show, wouldn’t it be worth it to hire a prep coach?
    Yes, a diuretic would be the alternative of choice if I decide not to go the AI route.

That would have been a good idea, but I didn't think it was going to be needed on a "high trt" dose of test only. Think it's to late to think about now.

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    I would run an AI up to the show. Don't use a diuretic, better to have a few shots of Rum the night before the show and no water 12-20 hours before the pre judging.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iranon View Post
    I would run an AI up to the show. Don't use a diuretic, better to have a few shots of Rum the night before the show and no water 12-20 hours before the pre judging.
    Actually started aromasin 12,5mg eod a week ago.

Actually started aromasin 12,5mg eod a week ago. Dropped almost 6 lbs in a matter of days.
    Iranon likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I signed up at "have a few shots of rum"
    Iranon likes this.

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I signed up at "have a few shots of rum"
    Shutting down or inhibiting Anti-diuretic hormone is a beautiful thing in more ways than one.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Thread Information