Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Nathan's Avatar
    Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    2,441

    Anadrol question - answer me or else

    Can it cause gyno via the same pathways as fina? If so, no thanks. Also, what about dieting with the stuff? Will that keep the bloat down?

    Okay, alright, I know the answers to my own questions to be honest. What I really want to know is if you've used it and what your experience was with it. I find though if I play the ignorant moron I learn more.


    __________________

  2. #2
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,346
    Not entirely sure on the gyno pathways, some say it doesn't convert to estrogen but I was always under the impression it did, especially since nolva seems to help clear up drol gyno for me. Anadrol is also the only thing that gives me gyno even when running anti-e's during my cycle, nothing else has ever done that. My nips always itch by day 5. If I run it for say 8 weeks (yeah yeah its long, deal with it) I'll pack on about 25 lbs from it, most of which is water but it allows me an incredible amount of power and overall strength in my workouts..

  3. #3
    Nathan's Avatar
    Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Not entirely sure on the gyno pathways, some say it doesn't convert to estrogen but I was always under the impression it did, especially since nolva seems to help clear up drol gyno for me. Anadrol is also the only thing that gives me gyno even when running anti-e's during my cycle, nothing else has ever done that. My nips always itch by day 5. If I run it for say 8 weeks (yeah yeah its long, deal with it) I'll pack on about 25 lbs from it, most of which is water but it allows me an incredible amount of power and overall strength in my workouts..
    Thanks bro. I'm thinking of dieting with it to hopefully avoid the water. I'm pretty lean now at 10% or below but have stagnated now with my cycle. I'm looking into GH to use at the end anyways and as a bridge but thought maybe it might be interesting to try some drol while dieting for a fwe weeks. i am concerned abuot the gyno since I now have the gyno I got from test under control with L-dex. I'm using a lot of it though. Plus, I get gyno from fina as well and I don't think L-dex would help with that.

  4. #4
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,346
    I think dieting with it can be done, for me atleast about 2 weeks after I discontinue it, about 3/4 of the water is gone. If you keep your l-dex dose high, it should keep the bloat down quite a bit, when I'm bulking it doesn't really matter to me though. I think by running nolva + the l-dex you should be ok with the gyno as I've never gotten gyno from fina or deca .

  5. #5
    MBaraso's Avatar
    MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,630
    Alot of ppl throw it in the show cycles the last 2-3 weeks cuz it really helps retain muscle when dieting.

  6. #6
    Nathan's Avatar
    Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    Alot of ppl throw it in the show cycles the last 2-3 weeks cuz it really helps retain muscle when dieting.
    Good to know. At a low dose I assume?

  7. #7
    Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Wherever necessary
    Posts
    7,846
    Thought this writeup might shed a bit of light:

    Oxymetholone does not bind well to the androgen receptor, and most of the anabolism it provides is via non-androgenic receptor-mediated effects. It is therefore best stacked with an anabolic steroid like Deca Durabolin or Primobolan . The drug appears to give the same benefits as Dianabol . Unlike Dianabol, however, it seems that Oxymetholone is progestagenic. It has been observed to cause nipple soreness or to aggravate gynecomastia even in the presence of high dose antiestrogens, strongly suggesting that the effect is not estrogenic. That effect can be reduced by concurrent use of Stanozolol (Winstrol ), which is anti-progestagenic. This progestagenic effect of oxymetholone is only a concern when using aromatizing steroids . With androgens such as Primobolan, Oxymetholone stacks very nicely and is a surprisingly friendly drug. In contrast, with testosterone it is a very harsh drug.
    ----------

    In my own use I have found that anti-es have countered the bloat and such for me. I am not suseptable to progesterone gyno, however - it seems that the combo emphasises one element of drol or the other.

  8. #8
    Nathan's Avatar
    Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    2,441
    This is sounding like a no go. I'm on test only now. Maybe I'll just wait for my damn gh. Hopefully it won't be long.
    It's just that I'm having trouble growing now with test only. I'm switching up my training and eating more. Not sure what gives.

  9. #9
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,346
    Just try it at a low dose and see how you respond.

  10. #10
    Nathan's Avatar
    Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Just try it at a low dose and see how you respond.
    Maybe I'll throw it in at 25 mg ED. I'm afraid I'll get super bad gyno. I guess I can always stop the shit if it comes to that.

  11. #11
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,346
    Well for something to judge it by, 50mg ed doesn't give me any gyno, when I bump it to 100mg i get itchy. I think you'd be safe by 25.

  12. #12
    Nathan's Avatar
    Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Well for something to judge it by, 50mg ed doesn't give me any gyno, when I bump it to 100mg i get itchy. I think you'd be safe by 25.
    Thanks a lot bro. i really appreciate it. Anyon else?

  13. #13
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,272
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    Thought this writeup might shed a bit of light:

    Oxymetholone does not bind well to the androgen receptor, and most of the anabolism it provides is via non-androgenic receptor-mediated effects. It is therefore best stacked with an anabolic steroid like Deca Durabolin or Primobolan . The drug appears to give the same benefits as Dianabol . Unlike Dianabol, however, it seems that Oxymetholone is progestagenic. It has been observed to cause nipple soreness or to aggravate gynecomastia even in the presence of high dose antiestrogens, strongly suggesting that the effect is not estrogenic. That effect can be reduced by concurrent use of Stanozolol (Winstrol ), which is anti-progestagenic. This progestagenic effect of oxymetholone is only a concern when using aromatizing steroids . With androgens such as Primobolan, Oxymetholone stacks very nicely and is a surprisingly friendly drug. In contrast, with testosterone it is a very harsh drug.
    ----------

    In my own use I have found that anti-es have countered the bloat and such for me. I am not suseptable to progesterone gyno, however - it seems that the combo emphasises one element of drol or the other.
    Thats a new one on me. But if this is the case, I think that any progesterone buildup would'nt lead to permanent feminization. From any reading I've done progesterone is not a feminizing hormone.
    BUT, the change in estrogen and test levels that have to occur for a progesterone build up might lead to estrogenic symptoms once hormone levels are stabilizing(Such as when a prolactin inhibitor is taken and test is raised becasue of the decrease in prolactin secretion-which in turn would cause an increase in estrogen for compensation to that test increase)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •