jonesinct is offline New Member

Need To Pass Army Body Fat Test...help!!

I am a 23 soldier in the US ARMY and I have a problem passing the army body fat test. It takes into account height, neck, and waist measurements. I am 71-72" tall (depending on who is measuring) and weigh 275. I am currently 28% body fat and only 22% is allowed. I konw that I am overweight but even when I was down to 240 pounds i still had problems passing the army tape test. I found that my neck was the first place I lost inches and that the size loss in my neck was not in proportion to my waist. (the bigger your neck size the bigger your waist can be and still pass) I have know started a workout program trying to develop my neck, tris, and shoulders. I am also taking Xenadrine RFA-1 and am looking into ECA (any recommendations?) In addition I have been on the Atkins diet for 2 weeks and have lost 8 pounds...the kicker is that I need to pass the tape fat test in order to get promoted and I need to do it fast. I know that it takes time and I know that there are no magic pills I am just looking for advice on how I can get the most resluts fast and than continue those results for increased weight loss

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    You need to get yourself on a steady diet. I'm not going to say that the ATkins diet is no good but I believe for longterm maintained fat loss it's better to stay on a steady long term diet IMO (lower cals/moderate carbs/ etc..)
    At 28% you probably don't exersise all that much, if any at all, but you need to start. You gotta make the decision to change your lifestyle which means not eating Mcdonalds and other garbage, and making time for the gym on a daily basis.
    Cardio for 45mins per day 6 days a week along w/ a strict diet, and some clen or eca (Xenadrine is fine).
    I don't wanna recommend T-3, because you really haven't been on a steady diet, but if u really must lose alot of weight fast, that can definetly help you along. Just make sure u read up on it first in the educational forums. But like I said I'm not going to recomend that right off the bat..
    Goodluck,

biggdude is offline Junior Member
    eca stack.... 25mg of ephedrine, 2 caffeine pills, and 200mg of asprin. that should do u right

jonesinct is offline New Member
    I know that Atkins is not the way in the long run..however I need quick results at first. As long as i show progress I am OK. What kind of diet do you suggest? I work 12-15 hours and cannot choose my own food and I can only bring so much food out with me (no ref., freezer, cooler)

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    get yourself a mini cooler. Thats what i do, and get up early in the morn (5:30 or before work) and get your 45 minutes in. Than go home and EAT SOME CARBS. You wanna jump start your metabolism in the morn, from sleeping the whole time. Trust me when i say no one (sane) likes cardio, its just something we all gotta do.

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    You gotta make the decision to change your lifestyle which means not eating Mcdonalds and other garbage, and making time for the gym on a daily basis.

Exactly! It takes long term commitment and months if not years of work.
    Also, I know you don't work 12-15 hours every single day unless you are in boot camp. Take a cooler, do whatever it takes. Only you can help you.

-B

bailey91099 is offline New Member
    Did you have any trouble passing your PT test? When I was in, we had to run at least 3 days a week, is that still going on? One advantage you have is that every Army Post usually has great workout facilities. Use that gym, racketball court and swimming pool, they are free!

UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member
    here is a novel idea...... this is the best diet yet. Put less food in your mouth and run more. If you are 275 and almost 30% bf you are eating bad. EAt chicken breasts, baked potatoes,and steamed veggies. Apples for dessert instread of ice cream. Then, run 4 miles a day. Swim 500 yards a day. I GUARANTEE you will lose weight.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Consistancy is key for a diet and cardio to work. You have to be commited every day.

Thread Information