Drex is offline Junior Member

Anyone ever use insulin like this??

(Taken from an old article on elitefitness)

A controversial secret for getting into fat burning ketosis faster with Humulin R-8 hours instead of 3 days-and how you can get it!

There is a hardcore trick the pro's use that forces your body into ketosis within only 8 to 12 hours allowing more time for the body to burn fatty acid stores before your carb-up stage. The trick, originally brought to my attention by Dan Duchaine, is the use of Humulin R injectible insulin . Humulin R insulin is important compared to other types of insulin because it reaches its peak effect in 2 hours, causing a quick metabolic shift into ketosis. Using small amounts of insulin will cause your blood glucose to drop, in a quick and controlled manner. Glucose levels hit about 50 mg/ml and force your body into ketosis at a much faster rate. Insulin is one of the most controversial drugs used in bodybuilding today. The reality is that if you slip up and use too much insulin, you could enter a hypoglycemic coma, which could cause irreversible damage to your body and in some cases prove fatal. Please note that that the following information is highly controversial and provided solely for informational purposes.

Despite the controversy surrounding its use insulin is one of the easiest substances in bodybuilding to obtain legally. It is available over the counter in most U.S. states and costs between $20-$30 in local pharmacies and is even cheaper through U.S. mail order pharmacies. In most U.S. states a prescription is required to purchase and possess the insulin syringes used to administer the drug. This problem can be avoided by ordering syringes from mail order sources. A person using insulin for bodybuilding purposes should face no real legal ramifications. The only problems that can arise is getting caught possessing syringes with out a script or actually selling insulin for any purpose other than the treatment of diabetes.

A glucometer, to display your blood glucose levels, is highly recommended while attempting to use insulin safely. A glucometer costs around $100. It is possible to use insulin without a glucometer if your are cautious but it is not recommended. You will also need to purchase insulin syringes that hold up to 100 units. Do not use regular syringes. You will need to measure out precise amounts of insulin, between 2-3 units, which cannot be measured accurately using a regular syringe.

Here's how it works:
    After you eat your last carb meal on Sunday night, you will need to take a reading on the glucometer to check your blood glucose level. The body's normal blood glucose level is usually between 80mg/ml and 120 mg/ml. At this point, draw 2-3 units of insulin into a syringe and inject it subcutaneously into a fold of skin. After waiting between two or three hours, take another reading with the glucometer. You blood glucose level will have dropped since your last measurement. Again inject 2 units of insulin and measure your blood glucose level around 2 hours after your injection. Repeat this cycle until your blood glucose level is between 55 mg/ml and 65 mg/ml. When your blood glucose is at this level, you will descend into ketosis while you sleep. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO STAY AWAKE FOR AT LEAST 2 HOURS AFTER AN INSULIN INJECTION. The last thing you want is to fall asleep after an injection and have your blood glucose drop to a dangerously low level while you sleep. You could fall into a hypoglycemic coma and no one will recognize the symptoms until it is too late.

Upon waking in the morning, measure your urine with the Ketostix. Measuring ketones in the morning is necessary because the sticks show only the unused level of ketones in your body and should show trace to moderate ketone levels. If you measure them in the afternoon the numbers will not be as accurate, because most of the ketones that were produced will have been used by your body as fuel.

If you do not have access to a glucometer, you will need to be much more cautious when attempting to use insulin. Since you will not be able to accurately measure your blood glucose, only small amounts of insulin should be used. You can start out with 2 units of insulin after your carb meal on Sunday. After that you should not use anymore than 1-1 1/2 units of insulin every two hours. A total of two or three injections should be made and then you should measure with the ketostix upon waking in the morning. If you still have not entered ketosis, use insulin injections of 1-1 1/2 units every two hours until you enter ketosis. This way takes longer, but you should enter ketosis within 18-20 hours.

The above procedure looks very intriguing to me. I have just completed a very successful ckd cutting cycle w/ prop/winny and am now using humalog slin postworkout to bridge untill my fall bulker.

Has anyone ever tried the above method of reaching ketosis faster? And if so, do you think it would be beneficial or very risky to use humalog to get the same effect as its much faster acting the the humalin-r.?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes and it is the most dangerous way to use slin. I don't recommend this for anyone and especially someone not very experienced with slin use. A mistake in this method can result in death.

I think that post has talked me out of it, as I definitely respect your opinion.

It still seems like a very interesting concept, though I couldn't concieve taking slin w/o carbs and just relying on protein or going to sleep w/o eating at all.

I am very happy with my current bridge, as I'm now a full two weeks into clomid and the postworkout humalog at 10iu's, and im still getting great pumps and maintaining strength and current bodyfat. I make sure to listen to my body and eat carbs even after following the 10gram/iu rule at 15mins and 1 hour post shot, and couldnt imagine going to sleep during this period.

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member

Thumbs down Slin

For some reason I think this post should be deleted. Thats some dangerous reading. ATTN -NEWBIES-Insulin is a very dangerous thing and thats a very dangerous way to use it. Stick with test! I dont even like the idea that this post may be appealing to someone one day. Just because these pros have done it doesnt make it right, and the pros may just be lucky!

Thread Information