• 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 3 Post By Cylon357
  • 2 Post By Testie
  • 1 Post By Testie

Thread: Subcutaneous injections

Testie is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Subcutaneous injections

So I did my first non intramuscular pin today with about .5 mg of test P much in the same fashion as I would hcg in the belly fat. I feel like this is the way to go and I feel a little different albeit possible placebo affect, has anyone else who uses this method found it to be better than intramuscular or advantages other than just not having to use a larger rig?
    Cylon357 and Charlie67 like this.

Cylon357 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I have not done IM yet, though that is coming, at some point, who knows when. That said, I prefer sub-q just because it isn't poking the muscles and building up scar tissue.

Lots of discussion in the forum, some recent, on the topic of sub-q. If you dig a bit, you might be able to find it.

I will say that .5ml is a bit excessive, in my experience, but if it worked for you, it's all good. I have not done prop yet, and wonder if that will cause some additional irritation. I do occassionally experience some redness and a little bit of knotting up... That sounds way worse than it is. I mean, maybe a little redness at the injection site for a day or two, and I can feel the oil under the skin for that same time before it disperses. No pain or infection, these things just happen sometimes with sub-q. I've had that happen twice in about 4 months.

I should add that this only occurs in my left cheek, not the right one for whatever reason, this may have something to do with using the off hand for injection. Anyhow, usually when I inject in either side, it doesn't feel like anything is in there, but I do generally limit my injections to .3'ish ml. Currently doing .25ml (62.5mg) test c 2x per week for 125mg total.

I also do sort of a "grab and stab" in the glute area. A bit of an overstatement there too, but that is for illustration purposes. Pinch up some skin and inject in the pinch. I find that GSO test C and mast E inject well with a 27g 1/2" needle.
    Last edited by Cylon357; 11-05-2022 at 04:33 PM.
    Testie and Family_guy like this.

Blog Entries
    Also to add, if you just did the injection, you may not notice any redness or lumping until tomorrow. Seems to take about a day to show up for me. I'll be interested in seeing how prop treats you sub-q, I read that it is sometimes poorly tolerated in that style.

Do you know what the carrier oil is?
    Testie likes this.

Kepler22b is offline New Member
    Been doing subQ for years now. Used to do IM rotation Between glutes and delts, but got tired of occasionally hitting a nerve or something. So went to subQ throughout the abdomen/waist area. Blood work comes back where T should be given the amount I pin. I pin twice a week. Works well...no pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Testie likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Also to add, if you just did the injection, you may not notice any redness or lumping until tomorrow. Seems to take about a day to show up for me. I'll be interested in seeing how prop treats you sub-q, I read that it is sometimes poorly tolerated in that style.

Do you know what the carrier oil is?
    I don’t know what the carrier oil is as I took the label off the bottle to remove any UG sticker as I do have a prescription for test, but I will try and find out

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    0.5 mL is a lot for sub q, I agree, and especially since it’s prop. Even regular C/E gave me pretty painful knots for a week or so. Maybe you’ll have better luck than me. From what I understand, the absorption rate of test sub q is slower and more steady than IM. This results in less of a spike and less conversion to estrogen, supposedly.
    Testie, Cylon357 and Family_guy like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    0.5 mL is a lot for sub q, I agree, and especially since it’s prop. Even regular C/E gave me pretty painful knots for a week or so. Maybe you’ll have better luck than me. From what I understand, the absorption rate of test sub q is slower and more steady than IM. This results in less of a spike and less conversion to estrogen, supposedly.
    I’m going to try and dial it in Test, I believe it was closer to .4 it’s just it’s only 100 mg per ml, I have some Sustanon but I read that was a no no on sub q, but I heard about the less estrogen as well but in the end my back side needs a break from pinning lol
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My TRT is .5ml twice a week and I do it sub-q (unless I'm running a cycle then its all IM) but at .5 I don't have any issues sub-q and prefer doing it that way. Occasionally I can "feel" a little puddle under the skin, but its gone within hours. I've heard about different absorption rates, but for ongoing TRT its likely trivial in my opinion.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn, I wish I had some of that test. I’ve tried different ugls and some pharmacy and most gave some form of knots, some more painful than others.

How’s the sub q going for you, Testie?
    Testie likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    My TRT is .5ml twice a week and I do it sub-q (unless I'm running a cycle then its all IM) but at .5 I don't have any issues sub-q and prefer doing it that way. Occasionally I can "feel" a little puddle under the skin, but its gone within hours. I've heard about different absorption rates, but for ongoing TRT its likely trivial in my opinion.
    That 100%

Also, "puddle" is a good way to describe how it feels. Like you, most of the time, I don't feel anything, but once in a while, I can kind of feel it for a bit.

I think my technique and placement has gotten better. I know the better areas to inject for me and just rotate those.
    Testie, Family_guy and Charlie67 like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Damn, I wish I had some of that test. I’ve tried different ugls and some pharmacy and most gave some form of knots, some more painful than others.

How’s the sub q going for you, Testie?
    Man I tried it for a bit but went back IM as I was using some Sustanon and was told that’s not the route, I’m on a mild cycle now but I will go back sub q the injections are far more convenient and oddly enough I have a needle phobia
    Cylon357 and Test Monsterone like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Testie View Post
    Man I tried it for a bit but went back IM as I was using some Sustanon and was told that’s not the route, I’m on a mild cycle now but I will go back sub q the injections are far more convenient and oddly enough I have a needle phobia
    Did you have issues with the sus subq like lumps, swelling etc? Or did you just decide not to go that route?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Did you have issues with the sus subq like lumps, swelling etc? Or did you just decide not to go that route?
    I did not have any issues as far as lumps or swelling however I did have some slight soreness after one injection for a couple of days, I also use hcg in the same area with the same method so it could have been either/or regardless it wasn’t enough to deter me, I started to run around 500 mg of sustanon a week so I went back to IM until I’m through with this little cycle
    Cylon357 likes this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    I have seen people use 29 gauge for IM. Daily injections of upto 0.5cc.

I might give this a try instead of the 25 gauge as I feel I am lean enough.

teedoff is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    I have seen people use 29 gauge for IM. Daily injections of upto 0.5cc.

I might give this a try instead of the 25 gauge as I feel I am lean enough.
    I use 27 gauge 3/8" and have done 1cc IM. I'm now doing 0.5cc. Neither dose has posed any issues.

TheDRG is offline New Member
    Some injectables routinely cause lumps that take months to absorb when injected SubQ. I have had issues with Tren AQ, Test Suspension, and Winny, all leaving lumps for some time afterward.

Thread Information