• 2 Post By AR's King Silabolin
  • 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 2 Post By Cylon357

Thread: Can I skip leg day on cycle?

supersonic1314 is offline New Member

Post Can I skip leg day on cycle?

Hi everyone,

Running my first modest cycle of 250 mg/week atm (finishing week 3 rn).

Was wondering whether if I wanted to prioritise aesthetics over anything else, could I skip leg day and instead use the spares up time on upper body? I really don’t feel like I need to be on cycle to grow respectable thighs/glutes since I have decent genes for that.

I’m still going to do shit ton of calf work though as I’m not too lucky in that area.

I’ve heard that I can expect to gain 5-6kg of muscle on a 10 week cycle, would skipping leg work allocate that to just upper body or is there a cap to how much one can grow in a given body area?

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonic1314 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Running my first modest cycle of 250 mg/week atm (finishing week 3 rn).

Was wondering whether if I wanted to prioritise aesthetics over anything else, could I skip leg day and instead use the spares up time on upper body? I really don’t feel like I need to be on cycle to grow respectable thighs/glutes since I have decent genes for that.

I’m still going to do shit ton of calf work though as I’m not too lucky in that area.

I’ve heard that I can expect to gain 5-6kg of muscle on a 10 week cycle, would skipping leg work allocate that to just upper body or is there a cap to how much one can grow in a given body area?
    No, don't skip leg day.

250mg per week is heavy trt dose, not really cycle dose, unless you run another compound with it.

You really need to read the planning my first cycle sticky.
    redz, wellshii, Testie and 2 others like this.

Chark is offline Member
    Don’t skip leg day on your very first cycle where your virgin receptors are being introduced to anabolic steroids . You’re not going to gain 5-6kgs of muscle on a 10 week cycle of 250 and likely not even on double the dose. You might gain that in weight but it’s not pure muscle. Skipping leg day isn’t going to allocate the would-be-leg-gains elsewhere.

I can appreciate the idea behind a modest cycle dosage as a safer-use-model, but I highly doubt 250mg is enough for the juice to be worth the squeeze. I get the feeling like you plan to PCT afterwards and are just trying to get a more aesthetic physique, but you are going to have bottomed out test levels for a long time after you come off and potentially lower test levels as a result of cycling for the remainder of your life. Thus the cycle needs to have enough bang for the buck. I think you’d have a better go of things and would keep with the modest usage if you went with 350-400mg.

Chark is offline Member
    If you find some time you ought to post a first cycle log in the subforum, receiving help and sharing your experience.

If you’ll allow me to be candid, I think you have lofty expectations that you should temper of what you’re going to look like at the end of the cycle. You may be underwhelmed.

ight bro, but isn't 250mg more bang for your buck? mpmd says that higher doses cause more % of water retention due to more estro so would it be worth the longer suppression?

Yep I'll stop being a pussy & continue with leg day if there's no impact on upper body gains. Also, say I jump to 400mg from week 5-10 midcycle im guessing I need to incorporate an AI? So far I haven't started any AI yet. No gyno yet but got some water retention and mild hair thinning.

FYI, naturally I have crap total test levels at 490 so I honestly thought a 250 mg/wk would be crazy since id be more than doubling total t levels.

Blog Entries
    ight bro, but isn't 250mg more bang for your buck? mpmd says that higher doses cause more % of water retention due to more estro so would it be worth the longer suppression?

Yep I'll stop being a pussy & continue with leg day if there's no impact on upper body gains. Also, say I jump to 400mg from week 5-10 midcycle im guessing I need to incorporate an AI? So far I haven't started any AI yet. No gyno yet but got some water retention and mild hair thinning.
    Seriously, go read the planning my first cycle sticky. You NEED that information, it answers questions you don't even know you have.

BTW, individual response varies, some don't need an AI on 750mg test, others need it on trt at 100mg per week. The beauty of the plan presented in the sticky is that it is virtually idiot proof.
    supersonic1314 likes this.

ight brother I'll check it out

Chark is offline Member

Good on you for watching MPMD, watched tons of hours of his stuff myself. Water retention would increase as dose increases however we aren’t talking about a huge jump in dosage. Estrogen is very anabolic too. No need for AI unless you have reason to believe you need at X dosage (I.e past experience). I think it’s unlikely you’ll need but always good to have on hand if need to pull the parachute.

You aren’t suppressed moreso running 400mg or 800mg than at 250mg. Exogenous testosterone will shut down endogenous production. Increased dosage doesn’t work in the way we just talked about water retention. Shut down is shut down. That’s the reasoning behind using enough test to make it worth your while. You want to gain enough during cycle so that when you’re fighting to hold onto muscle during the months following it you get to keep a decent chunk of it. You don’t want to lose all the cycle gains when your body is running on the testosterone levels of a woman.

250mg would be a better plan for someone on TRT beginning to “blast” who wants to take a very slow, safer route where they cycle at 250, then 300, then 350 etc. With PCTing 250 is not going to yield enough to be worth using steroids at all imo. At end of cycle you might go “hah, that guy was wrong about 250. I look great” but fast forward a few months and you may find you look no better than before cycle.
    Last edited by Chark; 12-04-2022 at 12:27 AM.
    supersonic1314 likes this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Completely skipping leg training not a good idea imo... for example atleast do 3 sets of squats in the end of some upper body day .. Youl get a lot of bang from those 10 minutes it takes to do them vs 0 leg training
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 12-04-2022 at 06:00 AM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You can do whatever you want. But if you're skipping leg day, you're going to end up with tooth-pick legs. Is that really what you want?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Troll on bro

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I wouldnt skip any body parts, but you can put more effort into lagging or your favorites. The main issue here is that I would like to see squats in your routine. If you don't compete, don't care, and/or have good legs you can cut other [upper] leg fluff. Squats are great for systemic growth and you can find ways to make them much harder with lower weights like pausing at the bottom, slow eccentric, etc. Putting effort into this will accelerate your upper body and overall growth as well as being a more complete physique.

Calves are notoriously difficult to grow without genetic predisposition. I have strong, but fairly small calves. My quads are jacked and probably my best body part actually. In powerlifting, calves don't matter much (but I still train them); but some people get obsessed with them, like Rich Piana. He wore high top shoes and boots which have an effect of making calves look bigger as well.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    I wouldnt skip any body parts, but you can put more effort into lagging or your favorites. The main issue here is that I would like to see squats in your routine. If you don't compete, don't care, and/or have good legs you can cut other [upper] leg fluff. Squats are great for systemic growth and you can find ways to make them much harder with lower weights like pausing at the bottom, slow eccentric, etc. Putting effort into this will accelerate your upper body and overall growth as well as being a more complete physique.

Calves are notoriously difficult to grow without genetic predisposition. I have strong, but fairly small calves. My quads are jacked and probably my best body part actually. In powerlifting, calves don't matter much (but I still train them); but some people get obsessed with them, like Rich Piana. He wore high top shoes and boots which have an effect of making calves look bigger as well.
    Lol Rich was obsessed with everything I miss that guy
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Lol Rich was obsessed with everything I miss that guy
    Utter maniac…

I’m sure he denies it even in the afterlife, but I’m sure he had synthol in his bi’s and his calves (his admittedly weakest parts).

RIP
    Testie, Cuz and Chark like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Utter maniac…

I’m sure he denies it even in the afterlife, but I’m sure he had synthol in his bi’s and his calves (his admittedly weakest parts).

RIP
    Most definitely but if you ask me he had oil everywhere
    Chark and SampsonandDelilah like this.

teedoff is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Most definitely but if you ask me he had oil everywhere
    Saw a video of him. He said he'd tried synthol, but hated it. Said it made his muscles hurt so bad it was too painful to even work out.

Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Saw a video of him. He said he'd tried synthol, but hated it. Said it made his muscles hurt so bad it was too painful to even work out.

You know how to tell that Rich Piana was lying??

His lips were moving. He was a cons con
    XnavyHMCS and teedoff like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    It was PMMA not synthol. It’s a silicon-like liquid that is injected into the muscle, contours the muscle and hardens. That’s why he constantly looked pumped. It was confirmed by multiple sources including his ex who said he drove to Tijuana many times to have it done, before finding someone local to do it for him. He had it in his arms, chest, shoulders, traps, ass, and even his dick (supposedly). I watched every video with him or of him back then and I totally believe it. He always complained of having small arms when younger then suddenly had 22” arms.
    Cylon357 likes this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    I never thought or suspected it of rich piana with the synthol or pmma or whatever, even tho he was monstrously big. But now i read this... he did look kinda wierd.. i think you guys rigght

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    https://www.ironmagazine.com/2013/ad...rms-overnight/

This is what Rich and other guys use to get the extra size.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Well I just need some Nolotil I guess
    Cuz likes this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    That question tells me you should not use anabolics now. U need more knowhow in all aspects.

Sent fra min SM-G998B via Tapatalk
    Honkey_Kong and wellshii like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AR's King Silabolin View Post
    That question tells me you should not use anabolics now. U need more knowhow in all aspects.

Sent fra min SM-G998B via Tapatalk
    He's just another troll, but you're right about the fact he shouldn't be using gear. That dude probably hasn't ever touched a weight in his life.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I only train the left side of my body.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    I only train the left side of my body.
    tarmyg and Cylon357 like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    It was PMMA not synthol. It’s a silicon-like liquid that is injected into the muscle, contours the muscle and hardens. That’s why he constantly looked pumped. It was confirmed by multiple sources including his ex who said he drove to Tijuana many times to have it done, before finding someone local to do it for him. He had it in his arms, chest, shoulders, traps, ass, and even his dick (supposedly). I watched every video with him or of him back then and I totally believe it. He always complained of having small arms when younger then suddenly had 22” arms.
    You know, calf injections ain't shit compared to dick injections! That's hardcore!
    wellshii and Honkey_Kong like this.

wellshii is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    You know, calf injections ain't shit compared to dick injections! That's hardcore!
    You should see the girth increase with PMMA.

Thread Information