Thread: Deadlifts!!!!

FrEaKyThIgHs is offline New Member

Deadlifts!!!!

ik this should be in the exercise forums but all the trafic isi n this forum...

how much of a difference do you think your gains from a bulking cycle would be between one with deadlifts incorporated and no deadlifts used at all..

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Yes, this does belong in the workout forum and It affects my gains A lot considering deadlifts are one of the lifts that utilizes the core and almost every other muscle group in your body. It also shocks the CNS, which in turn promotes growth.

btw, why would you not include deadlifts? Lazy or what.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I can tell u that since i really started doing deadlifts on a weekly basis all my lifts have gone up. Not to mention all my other back exercises have shot up dramaticly.
    Deads should be a staple in anyone's workout IMO

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    deads are probably the best overall exercize there is, best for core strength, and best for back thickness. unless you have a bad back you should be doing them.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    stiff-leg or regular deads ???

bigJJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    stiff-leg or regular deads ???
    I do both. Stiff-leg deads on back day and regular deads on leg day.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a bad back but deadlifts have helped it a lot.. I recommend deadlift to almost everyone. Unless someones back is really badly messed up I would recommend doing deadlifts.

FrEaKyThIgHs is offline New Member
    its not that, just some ppl tend to argue saying that heavy deadlifts often tend to add a certain thickness to the waist, which of course ive done heavy squats for years and never had a problem except it made my knees a lil soar "then i used knee raps "

i was just wondering about it, and how much of a difference it could make, as far as raw gains in mass go's. Ive never actually used them that much, on and off kinda, but powercleans have been in my program since i started 8-)

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i love deadlifts, nothing more intense then trying to lift a heave of weight of the ground

Spyder is offline Member
    Deads are the best way to injure yourself during your cycle.

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Overall deadlifts are the best exercise you can do. it increases your overall strength and does put size on you. I never did deads for years because of my lower back. at my competition I was critique by a judge to bring my back out some more. I started doing them 6 months ago and it made a world of a difference. Deadlift is a must. I wish I have done them a long time ago.

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    I can tell u that since i really started doing deadlifts on a weekly basis all my lifts have gone up. Not to mention all my other back exercises have shot up dramaticly.
    Deads should be a staple in anyone's workout IMO

Abslolutely... when I don't do deads everything suffers, same with squats, pressing with the bar etc.
    Could'nt imagine doing it any other way.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Deadlifts are quite good for strength. Just do NOT do high reps/high sets or more than once a week or you will kill your lower back.

themetalmich is offline Junior Member
    I can't believe it. I just posted a "who likes deadlifts" thread. I didn't realize that this one was already here. Sorry.
    Deadlifs rule.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    even with back problems i believe you can still do deads to some extend, maybe not full dead from the ground but rack pulls would be another option. since you are basically just doing the second half of the dead lift with those the stress on the lower back should be as much. I started to get away from them but slowly been working everything back into my routine. The one thing i hate is when i do deads and then do squats say the next day, last time i did that i thought i broke something, i could hardly move.\

Thread Information