BIG RED I is offline Junior Member

Aprropriate use: Metformin, Rezulin?

2 anti hyperglycemic meds 1- Metformin (Glucophage) 2- (Rezulin),

I've 125 (apr 2002) glucose intolerance level. Doctors advocated for me, a low fat diet and tons of exercise. that was months ago. consider my body is producing some insulin daily, again which of the two, excluding slin, would prove beneficial during a future course of anabolic steroids ? More precisely, of the many diabetics on the board, how would i apply my scant knowledge to using these meds prior to using the 'slin'?

can i incorporate metformin into a cycle without gaining lactic acidosis and with rez how do builders avoid hypoglycemia? i'm all to aware of the problems, but what do you think about starting on metformin for starters, before even looking at slin or rez!@

rez might promote more receptor insulin sites, but, this way or that, considering the use of slin alongside this drug, it's reported there have been some coma complications. people have died. what's the low down on these two non-steroidal drugs, any help in any fashion appreciated!! thanx.

tanto is offline Junior Member
    i think rezulin is not marketed anymore,was pulled off because it was toxic to the liver.good luck using metformin as a part of a stack.imo metformin is useful when cutting and has some side effects which are not to pleasant.it wont make you go hypo. if you can get script and have insurance coverage there are now some better drugs on market-(glitazones -actos and avandia)that improve insulin sensivity.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    ask juice junkie

BIG RED I is offline Junior Member

db type II glucose intolerance

glitazones -actos and avandia available in thailand?

anybody from thailand. where can i buy these drugs? bangkok, pattaya? maybe mail order? thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by tanto
    i think rezulin is not marketed anymore,was pulled off because it was toxic to the liver.good luck using metformin as a part of a stack.imo metformin is useful when cutting and has some side effects which are not to pleasant.it wont make you go hypo. if you can get script and have insurance coverage there are now some better drugs on market-(glitazones -actos and avandia)that improve insulin sensivity.
    How about Glucovance ? (Metformin with Glyburide)

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Bro for insulin sensitivity try avandia or actos, they cause muscle cell to be more sensitive to insulin for type 2 diabetes.

JohnnyB

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    lol, I hope he got this problem solved sometime between 8-1-2002 and today!

-moto

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    lol, I hope he got this problem solved sometime between 8-1-2002 and today!

-moto
    LOL...yeah really, No, I made a post on this in Steroid Questions (couldn't find a better place, not a supplement) but no-one answer it, so I went searchin' around, and was taken to this post, so I jump in hoping someone would stumble onto it and give me an answer. Besides, there was no such thing as Glucovance then I don't think.
    I have a friend that is a Type 2 Diabetic, and used to be on Glucophage (if I'm not mistaken) and then was switched to Glucovance, but they keep sending him way too much, so he kicks it down to me, so I was wondering if I one can use this the same as Glucophage?
    Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Bro for insulin sensitivity try avandia or actos, they cause muscle cell to be more sensitive to insulin for type 2 diabetes.

JohnnyB
    Correct me if I'm wrong JohnnyB, but are you assuming I have t-2 Diabetes?
    If so I don't, sorry for the confusion.
    My friend is and has a crap load of Glucovance and was wondering, since I can have it coming out of my ears, if I could use it the same as guys use Glocophage?
    Thanks

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSevnthWarrior
    Correct me if I'm wrong JohnnyB, but are you assuming I have t-2 Diabetes?
    If so I don't, sorry for the confusion.
    My friend is and has a crap load of Glucovance and was wondering, since I can have it coming out of my ears, if I could use it the same as guys use Glocophage?
    Thanks
    No I didn't think that. Advandia and actos improve insulin sensitivity in the muscle cells. Now glucovance help the pancreas secrete more insulin, glucophage regulates liver glucose, so that wouldn't help for BBer's. So maybe 1 or 2 mg's of avandia would help get the nutrients into your muscles, but the glucovance I'd stay away from.

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    No I didn't think that. Advandia and actos improve insulin sensitivity in the muscle cells. Now glucovance help the pancreas secrete more insulin, glucophage regulates liver glucose, so that wouldn't help for BBer's. So maybe 1 or 2 mg's of avandia would help get the nutrients into your muscles, but the glucovance I'd stay away from.

JohnnyB
    Ahh, Bummer. That figures, I knew it was too good to be true. But being half Metformin (Glucophage) I thought just maybe.....
    So is it the Glyburide that ruins it?, because guys take Glucophage?
    So I take it Advandia and Actos are readily accessable? And do the benefits justify whatever they cost?
    Thanks JohnnyB for the response BTW.
    TSW

Thread Information