Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: First Cycle / Taking anti-depresants

heller190 is offline New Member

First Cycle / Taking anti-depresants

Hello everybody.
    I am 24 years old, 5*11 , I weight 185 pounds. Been going to the gym for 4 years

I have been taking 5mg of Lexapro and 15 MG of Mirtazphine for the past 5 months, because I had anxiety/depression and I have IBS as well. However since I started taking them my life improved significantly.

I would like to start my first cycle and I would like to be suggested a simple decent first cycle, I was thinking about test/deca .

I would like to know if anybody has any idea if the anti-depressants might interact with the anabolic steroids or the PCT

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    1st cycle test only really your 1st couple cycles test is all you need.Because if you had a bad reaction you wouldn't know wat caused it.I ran cycles on meds but not yours.
    heller190 and wellshii like this.

Okay I will run only test then, 500mg a week of Test-e
    What about PCT, HCG ? and what anti-estrogen should I run during the cycle?

Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    SSRIs (anti depressents) can noticeably increase estrogen (e2) you'll have that and estrogen increase from the testosterone increase to deal with. there is also the prolactin / Progesterone from Deca . for that you will need a dopamine antagonist (DA). i suggest you get some HCG too. for anti estrogen i like aromasin and for a DA i like prami, but everyone is a fan of caber. i'd only use the caber/prami / DA if you're getting sides from the deca.

https://www.steroidal.com/steroids-n...ing-confusion/

i support the test only cycle suggestion. it will give you more clarity for how sensitive to E2 you are. you dont want to be jacked and have itty bitty boobies. dead give away for somebody that's using PEDs. lots of bad stuff can happen. take your time.
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 05-19-2023 at 04:40 PM.
    heller190 likes this.

Okay can you write me what PCT, anti-esrogen I should run?
    For how long and when and amount of dose.

Thank you.

Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    no i cant. You're much better off posting that question, or researching yourself. maybe try asking the questions that you have after researching that stuff. you might find that specific questions about the details of one thing get better responses.
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 05-19-2023 at 05:13 PM.

teedoff is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heller190 View Post
    Okay can you write me what PCT, anti-esrogen I should run?
    For how long and when and amount of dose.

Thank you.
    There's a whole sticky thread detailing first cycle and pct in great lengths. Of course it doesn't cover your other question about your anti depressants.
    Cylon357 and songdog like this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    OP, go read this. It has all your answers

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...rst-cycle.html

Scorpion0922 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    At 24 years old with 4 years of experience you SHOULD NOT be using any anabolics.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

The recommended age is 25 years old and actually I am hitting my 5th year in months.
    I believe I reached my natural limit, I currently weight 185 pounds without creatine. at 5*11

The recommended age is 25 years old and actually I am hitting my 5th year in months.
    I believe I reached my natural limit, I currently weight 185 pounds without creatine. at 5*11
    The recommended age is when you are mentally and physically ready.

Please explain how after 5 years and at 25 you have reached your genetic limit.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Hormone fluctuations are probably going to increase your chances of becoming more depressed than you already are. I would personally wait awhile 1-2 years and see how your depression is later on down the road. Messing with hormones is a big deal
    Scorpion0922 and Honkey_Kong like this.

I used to workout between 16-19 but It wasn't proper training/dieting.
    At 20 I started to consider myself actually eating and training properly.
    I am 185 lbs at approximately 14% bodyfat, In the past 3 months I am not noticing an increase in strength or size.

I had severe depression/anxiety started after abusing amphetamines (Prescribed) I had a lot of stress from work, university, family and I had a relationship setback.
    However as I've stated that I under 5 mg of Cipralex (which is a low dose) and 15 mg of Mirtazpine, and I feel amazing. (My psychiatrist even suggested cutting off the mirtazapine but I prefered to keep taking it since it helps with my IBS symptoms)

Overall I want to know if test-e 500mg a week cycle with proper PCT might interact with my current medications.
    Last edited by heller190; 05-20-2023 at 01:28 PM.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Bro educate before you medicate because if something goes wrong you will have a idea wat to do.Some times it takes a while to get a answer here.And I am sure we don't have any doctors here to give you the answer you are looking for.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I had severe depression/anxiety started after abusing amphetamines (Prescribed) I had a lot of stress from work, university, family and I had a relationship setback.
    However as I've stated that I under 5 mg of Cipralex (which is a low dose) and 15 mg of Mirtazpine, and I feel amazing. (My psychiatrist even suggested cutting off the mirtazapine but I prefered to keep taking it since it helps with my IBS symptoms)

Overall I want to know if test-e 500mg a week cycle with proper PCT might interact with my current medications.
    It might.

It might not.

It might kill you.

It might make you superman.

Who knows?

To @songdog's point, this is not a medical forum. There are few, if any, doctors here. I would wager on none, or at least none that can address your particular questions.

It doesn't hurt to ask, just realize that is a pretty specific case, and maybe you are going to have to dig some more for your answers.

Like maybe consult a doctor?
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    You need to ask an MD if the drugs you’re taking would interfere or interact with exogenous testosterone my guess is no but its best to be sure. Sounds like you’re gonna do it either way.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    You need to ask an MD if the drugs you’re taking would interfere or interact with exogenous testosterone my guess is no but its best to be sure. Sounds like you’re gonna do it either way.
    Or a DO :-D

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I used to workout between 16-19 but It wasn't proper training/dieting.
    At 20 I started to consider myself actually eating and training properly.
    I am 185 lbs at approximately 14% bodyfat, In the past 3 months I am not noticing an increase in strength or size.
    Dude I'll you this once. You're 5'11 and 185lbs at 14% bodyfat. You don't have shit for muscle on your frame. I'm not trying to hurt your feeling either. I'm stating a fact. 5 years of training isn't shit in the grand scheme of things. And if you've learned everything there is to know about training and dieting, you'd be bigger than 185lbs.

Add to that you have mental problems and you want to fvuk your hormones?

You want to know what I suggest you do? Go take the money you would've spent on steroids and spend it on a sports nutritionist and also go to a GOOD gym and hire a good coach to teach you how to train. I can guarantee you that investment in the long-term will get you a better physique than doing a cycle of gear right now would. And I think everybody here will agree with that.
    Cornish, Scorpion0922 and songdog like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Dude I'll you this once. You're 5'11 and 185lbs at 14% bodyfat. You don't have shit for muscle on your frame. I'm not trying to hurt your feeling either. I'm stating a fact. 5 years of training isn't shit in the grand scheme of things. And if you've learned everything there is to know about training and dieting, you'd be bigger than 185lbs.

You want to know what I suggest you do? Go take the money you would've spent on steroids and spend it on a sports nutritionist and also go to a GOOD gym and hire a good coach to teach you how to train. I can guarantee you that investment in the long-term will get you a better physique than doing a cycle of gear right now would. And I think everybody here will agree with that.

Upvote on hiring a real coach thats reputable not some random joe in the gym that basically takes people’s money. Invest in a proven coach if this matters this much to you. I wasted years on my own when i could be a pro by now if i had just got rid of my ego and hired someone.
    Honkey_Kong and songdog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Upvote on hiring a real coach thats reputable not some random joe in the gym that basically takes people’s money. Invest in a proven coach if this matters this much to you. I wasted years on my own when i could be a pro by now if i had just got rid of my ego and hired someone.
    I wasted a lot of time making mistakes and learning the hard way. In the grand scheme of things, a few grand over time to a good coach, who knows what he's doing, is pretty cheap. But the 17 year old me, the 20 year old me, the 25 year old me, thought he knew everything there was to know. And looking back, I didn't know shit.

And in the OP's position, he'd gain a lot more from that than he would doing a cycle of gear.
    Cuz and XnavyHMCS like this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OP- do not take anything. You clearly said that since u started meds 5 months ago life has got a lot better.

stay on that path, no need in fucking ur hormones up and causing issues. I don't give a shit what anyone here says, steroids will cause some mental sides.

Be healthy, be happy, hit gym and train hard. once u have meds under control for year or so then explore....
    Honkey_Kong and Cylon357 like this.

This is the 1,000% right on the money
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0922 View Post
    At 24 years old with 4 years of experience you SHOULD NOT be using any anabolics.
    I understand the logic of what Scorp is espousing, but I would imagine that there is a group of guys on here that did their first cycles well before the ripe old age of 25 (myself included).

OP, you will have to be your own judge, jury and executioner in regards to this. At the end of the day; it is your body, like all of us here. Educate yourself; which is exactly what you are doing, as evidenced in this thread, and weigh the risk verses rewards.

You will not be the first to jump on your first cycle at the ripe old age of 25, and you won't be the last.

Have a great time with the sport and the AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    I understand the logic of what Scorp is espousing, but I would imagine that there is a group of guys on here that did their first cycles well before the ripe old age of 25 (myself included).

OP, you will have to be your own judge, jury and executioner in regards to this. At the end of the day; it is your body, like all of us here. Educate yourself; which is exactly what you are doing, as evidenced in this thread, and weigh the risk verses rewards.

You will not be the first to jump on your first cycle at the ripe old age of 25, and you won't be the last.

Have a great time with the sport and the AAS.
    Dude, the guy is 5'11 and 185lbs. He doesn't need steroids He needs food.

Zenpump is offline Junior Member
    Dude, the guy is 5'11 and 185lbs. He doesn't need steroids He needs food.
    Who are we to judge if someone wants to use steroids ? The guy isnt big enough to take steroids ? Please folks. All college and many professional athletes (including budding bodybuilders) are 25 or less. Isn't this when steroids and the risks are actually MOST justified? Should a 40 year old with nothing to play for and no money to make be taking the risks of steroids, just to impress some skanks or look big at the gym?
    Last edited by Zenpump; 05-23-2023 at 05:21 AM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Deca is one of the worst as far as mental side effects. It's known to cause depression/anxiety and potentially ED. If you do decide to run a cycle, do as suggested already and take HCG . This will make the recovery much better when you decide to get off. Also, keep in mind that mostly everyone eventually comes off completely (or goes the TRT route). Whatever gains you make on gear are not going to remain forever. So do whatever you want to do with the idea that one day you will have to get off everything and face whatever you did to yourself. The best advice (imo) is always going to be to stay away from steroids - but everyone here can sympathize with wanting to get jacked. The cost for jumping to the dark side is different for everyone, so just be careful.
    Zenpump and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenpump View Post
    Who are we to judge if someone wants to use steroids? The guy isnt big enough to take steroids? Please folks. All college and many professional athletes (including budding bodybuilders) are 25 or less. Isn't this when steroids and the risks are actually MOST justified? Should a 40 year old with nothing to play for and no money to make be taking the risks of steroids, just to impress some skanks or look big at the gym?
    You are missing the point of the fourm. He came here with a question and he got the correct advice.

He's not a college or pro athlete.

He's not a budding bodybuilder.

You are missing the point of the fourm. He came here with a question and he got the correct advice.

He's not a college or pro athlete.

He's not a budding bodybuilder.
    Not dwnying he should get his shit together before using AAS. But lets make our advice about that rather than judgements on age (as long as we're adults) and size (there isnt a minimum size to take steroids ).
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Not dwnying he should get his shit together before using AAS. But lets make our advice about that rather than judgements on age (as long as we're adults) and size (there isnt a minimum size to take steroids).
    that's where you are wrong my friend. Age and size should def come into play when advising someone on steroids .

Ok so what is the minimum age? What is the minumum height and weight to use steroids ?

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Zenpump is pointing to one of the hypocrisies of steroids . All of this is completely subjective. At 24 it's not ok, but at 25 it is? Well what if someone matures slower, then does their age to start steroids increase? What if someone (like me for example) looks like a full grown man at 18, is that ok then? But what if someone is physically mature enough, but not mentally? There are a million scenarios, so it's up to the individual to decide. I can make the argument that a younger person would fare better with steroids since their body can handle the stresses imposed by the steroids on the body better. Whereas an older gentleman starting a cycle may be more dangerous as far as potential for cardiovascular related issues.

Steroids is like alcohol. When should you start drinking? Should you? Probably not. But if you are, when? Well, are you able to handle the mental side effects? Are you able to control your emotions? Will you be responsible enough to stop if you run into health troubles? Do you have addiction issues in general? Do you have body image dysmorphia?

For all these questions, I don't believe there is a set age or weight/height ratio. I think it is a good idea to wait until you the brain and body have finished developing (around age 25), and enough years of consistent lifting with a proper diet have been achieved to provide a baseline from which to measure the effects of steroids . That basline can be 6'2" 150 lbs for one person, or 5'7 240 lbs for another. We can't paint everyone with the same brush. At the end of the day it's up to each of us to decide. Unfortunately, morons like Bostin Loyd or Derek Anthony should have never gotten into steroids because they were too stupid to run them, but it's still their decision at the end of the day.
    Zenpump likes this.

TM as usual you go off into one of ur long ass posts about nothing.

Not dwnying he should get his shit together before using AAS. But lets make our advice about that rather than judgements on age (as long as we're adults) and size (there isnt a minimum size to take steroids).
    There is 100%/absolutely a minimum on size AND age.
    Honkey_Kong and songdog like this.

everybody has some sort of "mental problems" , my mental "problem" was extreme stress from life running a family business facing problems while studying and going through a relationship breakup. - Caused me overwhelming Stomach aches and IBS, migraines, no sleep etc (I am not here to explain what caused me to take these meds....) - I also forgot to mention that I also take PPI (Esomeprazole 40mg a day)

I came here for information and I am learning, Its super easy in my area to hop on steroids but I prefer to know every detail before taking a decision unlike the ignorant guys around me who take a lot of roids while having no idea what they are doing to their bodies , I understood well that deca fucks with you mentally, thats why its completely off the equation.
    In the meantime I am considering a cycle in September after my semester is over, I'll probably be done with meds and from there I might start only a test cycle..

Now for those who criticize my training, I know how to fucking train, I train x6 days a week with a great push/pull/legs program, I eat A LOT.

I did the calculation I weight 86 kilos which is 189.5 lbs (we use kilos here) and I have a thin bone density, - this what i look like.

First Cycle / Taking anti-depresants-me.jpeg
    Last edited by heller190; 05-23-2023 at 10:34 PM.
    XnavyHMCS and wango like this.

Who are we to judge if someone wants to use steroids? The guy isnt big enough to take steroids? Please folks. All college and many professional athletes (including budding bodybuilders) are 25 or less. Isn't this when steroids and the risks are actually MOST justified? Should a 40 year old with nothing to play for and no money to make be taking the risks of steroids, just to impress some skanks or look big at the gym?
    He doesn't have the training knowledge and doesn't have the diet to put the size on. If he were to run gear, he'd just put on some water weight and maybe a pound of muscle or two and then he'd lose everything he risked his body for to gain (which wouldn't be much) a few weeks after his cycle ended.

The point of this forum isn't to just list names of drugs and dosages and be like "have fun" to everybody that comes in here with advice. Its to give the best advice that we can give for somebody with such and such circumstances. And regardless of his age, he doesn't know how to train and he doesn't know how to diet. If he did, he'd be more than 185lbs at his bodyfat percentage (if he even measured that accurately which most of us don't).

A by the way, since you brought up age, do you think it's wise to be advising a guy who has no chance to be a pro athlete, who has no chance at being a competitive bodybuilder who doesn't know how how to diet and train and has never even made any real natty gains, to be taking compounds in his mid 20's that can potentially fvuk up his endocrine system and prevent him from living a normal life? Not to mention the toll these drugs take on the body. What if he wants to have kids, but is stuck on TRT for the rest of his life? And these "what ifs" definitely need be assessed in the risk:benefit ratio of doing gear.

And really, if he's that set on doing gear, he's not going to listen to a fvuking word I have to say. In that case, I wish him the best. Some people have to learn things the hard way.

everybody has some sort of "mental problems" , my mental "problem" was extreme stress from life running a family business facing problems while studying and going through a relationship breakup. - Caused me overwhelming Stomach aches and IBS, migraines, no sleep etc (I am not here to explain what caused me to take these meds....) - I also forgot to mention that I also take PPI (Esomeprazole 40mg a day)

I came here for information and I am learning, Its super easy in my area to hop on steroids but I prefer to know every detail before taking a decision unlike the ignorant guys around me who take a lot of roids while having no idea what they are doing to their bodies , I understood well that deca fucks with you mentally, thats why its completely off the equation.
    In the meantime I am considering a cycle in September after my semester is over, I'll probably be done with meds and from there I might start only a test cycle..

Now for those who criticize my training, I know how to fucking train, I train x6 days a week with a great push/pull/legs program, I eat A LOT.

I did the calculation I weight 86 kilos which is 189.5 lbs (we use kilos here) and I have a thin bone density, - this what i look like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	182524
    Put your ego in check there, Son. You want real advice? Or strangers on the internet to fluff you?

You don't like you train 6 days a week and you don't look like you eat a horse.

You kind of got that "skinnyfat" thing going, which tells me you probably eat a lot of junk food.

You're very far from a natural limit and that's actually not a bad thing at all. It means you have plenty of room to grow in size, cut fat and strength all while NOT fvuking with your body's hormones.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 05-24-2023 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Zenpump is pointing to one of the hypocrisies of steroids . All of this is completely subjective. At 24 it's not ok, but at 25 it is? Well what if someone matures slower, then does their age to start steroids increase? What if someone (like me for example) looks like a full grown man at 18, is that ok then? But what if someone is physically mature enough, but not mentally? There are a million scenarios, so it's up to the individual to decide. I can make the argument that a younger person would fare better with steroids since their body can handle the stresses imposed by the steroids on the body better. Whereas an older gentleman starting a cycle may be more dangerous as far as potential for cardiovascular related issues.

Steroids is like alcohol. When should you start drinking? Should you? Probably not. But if you are, when? Well, are you able to handle the mental side effects? Are you able to control your emotions? Will you be responsible enough to stop if you run into health troubles? Do you have addiction issues in general? Do you have body image dysmorphia?

For all these questions, I don't believe there is a set age or weight/height ratio. I think it is a good idea to wait until you the brain and body have finished developing (around age 25), and enough years of consistent lifting with a proper diet have been achieved to provide a baseline from which to measure the effects of steroids. That basline can be 6'2" 150 lbs for one person, or 5'7 240 lbs for another. We can't paint everyone with the same brush. At the end of the day it's up to each of us to decide. Unfortunately, morons like Bostin Loyd or Derek Anthony should have never gotten into steroids because they were too stupid to run them, but it's still their decision at the end of the day.
    Very well said

There is 100%/absolutely a minimum on size AND age.
    Ok then what are they?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	182524
    Sorry, you're not big enough to take steroids.

Just kidding of course.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information