Drex is offline Junior Member

How long is safe to take insulin if post workout only?

After the completion of my recent cycle I have been "bridging" with Humalog slin. I take it post workout only (4x a week) and have worked my way up to 10iu's, and am not going any higher. My question is how long is it safe or advisable to slin postworkout? I want to run this untill my next cycle as it is greatly helping with keeping gains, but that would be for about 8 weeks. I have read everything possible on slin, but have not seen much about how long you can use it for before it loses effectiveness or causes damage.

Thanks for your input

If anyone has any knowledge or experience on the subject I'd really appreciate it.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    In members' cycle results, daem is keeping a running journal of his insulin bridge...that may be the best place to start.

I actually posted on daems post about 3 weeks ago under my old name, but he hasnt been checking or updating his post at all.

Ive come accross a few people saying that 4 weeks on then 2 or 4 off is the way to go, but nothing has been conclusive.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    drex, i am currently using slin at 10 iu/ed, it works wonders ! if i were u i would run it until post-cycle is finished. even for 2 weeks after post cycle is done. then go off for 3 weeks or 2 weeks then go back on !

once ur done PCT do it like this ! 4 weeks on 2 weeks off 4 weeks on !

hey drex now a question for u ! how do u feel at 10iu/ed, i am almost there ! do u feel dizzy a bit at night ?

"hey drex now a question for u ! how do u feel at 10iu/ed, i am almost there ! do u feel dizzy a bit at night ?"

It varies. I went up from 2 to 10iu's no problem, 2iu increase every workout with increasing carbs accordingly. Now that I'm on 10, my 1st shake has been 80g carb/60 prot and 2nd shake at 60carb/40 prot at one hour post shot. It's really wierd that I never feel any problems what so ever, no hypo at all in the whole 1st hour, so i guess my shake suffices. However sometimes a couple hours later I feel alittle woozy, but if I just eat some pretzels or something like that I feel totally fine.

I am loving this as a bridge though. I still have pumps and 95% of my strength almost 3 weeks out from my cycle. And because it was a cutting cycle, and i want to remain cut, it is working wonders to help keep me lean and pumped. Eating all these carbs after working so hard cutting had me worried, but from keeping most of my carb intake now to breakfast and postworkout slin periods I havent bloated at all or regained any noticeable fat.

I should also note that I'm using clen during my clomid/nolva treatment and so that most likely has added to my positive post cycle recovery. Not that you need to know this....but it has been 3 straight days w/ morning wood......so I think my test levels are getting back in line already!!
    Last edited by Drex; 08-06-2003 at 01:22 PM.

Thread Information