bumdart420 is offline Associate Member

Long term effects of ANTI E's...

I was wondering if anyone knew of the long term effects of taking Nolvadex /Arimidex ? I know some guys who take it all the time to fight sides from Propecia. Anybody know or have a guess?

Toxicwaste is offline New Member

Arimidex

Quote Originally Posted by bumdart420
    I was wondering if anyone knew of the long term effects of taking Nolvadex/Arimidex? I know some guys who take it all the time to fight sides from Propecia. Anybody know or have a guess?
    Arimidex can and will permanently fuck your cholesterol levels and lipid ratio. Bad unless you dont mind open heart surgery.

bumdart420 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxicwaste
    Arimidex can and will permanently fuck your cholesterol levels and lipid ratio. Bad unless you dont mind open heart surgery.

Jeeze. I hear guys taking Arimidex to stop gyno from Propecia all the time. Heart surgery over hair......joy.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bumdart420
    Jeeze. I hear guys taking Arimidex to stop gyno from Propecia all the time. Heart surgery over hair......joy.
    HAHA....OH MAN I JUST PICKED UP A WHOLE BUNCH OF THOSE FOR MY NEXT CYCLE....

Pheedno is offline Respected Member

That is not a correct statment bro. Being an aromatise inhibitor(as oppsed to a SERm or Inactivator) it can cause un stable levels of the lipid profile. BUT, there is absolutely no data that shows permanent trauma or a fixated level of an unstable lipid profile.

Femara is the only inhibitor that is thrown my lipid profile into questionable stability, and within 3 wks(next time I had a bio-chem) of discontinuance, my lipid profile had returned to norm.

It's individualistic and you can't make a broad statment like that, especially when their is no conclusive data to prove it

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    elevated estrogen causes an imporvement in lipid profile. so a decrease in estrogen (as would be found with excessive proviron /arimidex use) would alter your blood lipid profile.

this will return to normal when natural estrogen levels are restored.

HOWEVER, billy had a post a while back stating his estrogen level while on arimidex, and it was within a normal range. the goal with arimidex use is to prevent excessive estrogen production, not completely prevent it. you need some estrogen to function. as long as you're not eating 5g of arimidex/day you should be fine

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Yes if you don't overdo anti-estrogens there shouldn't be any long term negative effects.

If you are worried about lipid profile go with Aromasin , but as these guys have said it will eventually return to normal after you stop using the anti-es.

Also- taking clomid or nolvadex will help with lipid profile.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    there is a long-term affect for anything if u use it too much !

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    gundam675, you got to it first bro ! exactly what i was gonna say ! long term use and excessive use will most likely cause that !

FEAR.COM is offline Banned
    i got a question to add to this thread,,, while running a eq 600mg ew/sust250 eod for about 14 weeks i will be taking 20mg of nolvadex eod starting 2 weeks in. I have 60 tabs, enough to cover the whole cycle. Is this gonna screw with my hdl, ldl, and cholesterol serum profile???
    Shit i will be on liv 52, r-ala, flax oil, cod liver oil, fish oil, milk thistle, cranberry extract, saw palmetto and garlic caps as my army of herbs to ensure health. Not to mention the daily vitamin, protein and diet.
    So is that too much or what???

Quote Originally Posted by FEAR.COM
    i got a question to add to this thread,,, while running a eq 600mg ew/sust250 eod for about 14 weeks i will be taking 20mg of nolvadex eod starting 2 weeks in. I have 60 tabs, enough to cover the whole cycle. Is this gonna screw with my hdl, ldl, and cholesterol serum profile???
    Shit i will be on liv 52, r-ala, flax oil, cod liver oil, fish oil, milk thistle, cranberry extract, saw palmetto and garlic caps as my army of herbs to ensure health. Not to mention the daily vitamin, protein and diet.
    So is that too much or what???

No, Nolvadex is a SERM and will improve your lipid panel.

The aromtise inhibitors are the meds that can negatively alter your lipid panel. SERM and Inactivators do not.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired

Wrong! Levels will normalise.

I know of a few (one myself) with this proof.

Abercrombie is offline New Member
    Pheedno - This might be stupid, but as I have no experience to go on yet, I gotta ask Someone told me recently that they take ldex and nolva simultaneously. Is there any benefit to that or is that just a prime example of overkill? I had sorta dismissed the idea until I just read your post above saying that nolva improves the lipid panel. Maybe there are pros but more cons? Just wondering what your thoughts are. Lookin' forward to some replies!

FEAR.COM is offline Banned
    Pheedno : thanks for the reply. I got worried for a sec cause i bought nolvadex over liquidex for this reason. Even tho im gonna run a high angrogen cycle you need to do your anti e's correctly and everyone said liquidex is better. My hdl got real bad on my last cycle so i wanna be more precautiouse this time.
    By the way, some on this thread are saying that long term of either has NO effect on cholesterol??
    Anyone with research or studies on this???

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie
    Pheedno - This might be stupid, but as I have no experience to go on yet, I gotta ask Someone told me recently that they take ldex and nolva simultaneously. Is there any benefit to that or is that just a prime example of overkill? I had sorta dismissed the idea until I just read your post above saying that nolva improves the lipid panel. Maybe there are pros but more cons? Just wondering what your thoughts are. Lookin' forward to some replies!
    Ill tell you why I do it.

Mostly for its SERM actions.

Secondly, Nolva is pretty darn cheap, it may help save a buck without costing overall effectiveness.

Thrid, I would just hate to get gyno if arimidex or whatever failed.

B_Bg: Interesting. Would you mind giving an example of typical doses for the ldex and nolva if you took them simultaneously as you said? Or would the doses be the same as if you took them by themselves? Sorry to keep bugging you, just interested in this since it's not one of those things you see in a thousand posts over and over again

No thats ok.

Me personally, on 500mg of test I would take probally 1mg of Arimidex ED + 10mg Nolva ED. I am highly sensitive though.

I think for alot of people, .5mg Ari ED + 10mg Nolva will be good.

750mg >> .75mg ED + 10mg Nolva or .5mg ARi ED + 20mg Nolva

Just a guess though, it would vary alot to each person. I actually use aromasin and nolva anyways though, I didnt find arimidex to be all that.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, remember the goal is not to eliminate estrogen completely, but to reach a balance suitable for your goals. True, the aromatase inhibitors can decrease estrogen too much and cause dyslipidemia. The SERM's act as estrogen receptor agonists in the liver and provide heart healthy effects. I had to do a research article on nolva/clomid and oculotoxicity. It was kinda creepy, and the results were not too good when considering long term use. These SERM's can cause microcrystalline deposits in the macula/retina and there was even a few case reports of cataracts. But also keep in mind, alot of these studies were done in women (at least the nolva) who had breast cancer and were also taking corticos, which are notorious for causing cataracts. But considering the similarity in structures of clomid and nolva......well you do the Medline search!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    Ill tell you why I do it.

Mostly for its SERM actions.

Secondly, Nolva is pretty darn cheap, it may help save a buck without costing overall effectiveness.

Thrid, I would just hate to get gyno if arimidex or whatever failed.

Ditto.

I take .5mg of A-dex and 10mg of Nolva Ed for the doses I run(which are not exceptionally high)

I developed gyno symptoms using A-dex alone and ultimately rid my self of the lump with Pergolide and Nolva in addition to the A-dex. It's a Nolva/A-dex combo from here on out.

Thanks for the replies guys. Gotta love this board!

Thread Information