Thread: Customs

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member

Customs

Unfortunatly, more than often, we talk about how we beat customs. Wheather it be at the border or through international mail. Whilst I believe talk like this should be kept to Email (not even pm) I am interested in how CUSTOMS beats us. What does Customs do with International mail?

I think of Questions like

A) Do they X-ray packages? and (B) if so do glass amps show up?
    C) is weight part of the process in which they seem to pick a package and check it? (D) Are package checks really that random? (E) Metal detectors for packages? (F) Dogs that can sniff chemical compunds? (G)What kinds of gear can dogs smell? (H) Flagged return addresses.

Thats really all I can think of right now. I would like this thread to concentrate on what they do, NOT WHAT WE DO!. KEEP that stuff to your encrypted email accounts.

Feel free to think of new questions and add things. Anybody know what CUSTOMS really does?

This could be a helpful thread.

GMILL13

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Good post! i'd like to know more too. I wonder if we have at least one member who works for customs?

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Dogs are their main line of defense. After that, they go for suspicious looking packs and packs from hot countries (ie: china, thailand). Check your sources out before you order, there are some that have 100% success....

zero is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    Dogs are their main line of defense. After that, they go for suspicious looking packs and packs from hot countries (ie: china, thailand). Check your sources out before you order, there are some that have 100% success....

as for your qestion i was walking down the road this after noon and saw a parcal delivery van pulling up as you no the guy was delivering a parcel and as i walked past i noticed a big orange bit of tape on the side and it said for xray so i guess they xray them but is it just the ones
    they find suss or mabe from certin areas or countrys who no,s?????/

zero

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Excellent question,

I'd like to know the answer to this one. Maybe someone out there really knows.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I dont know anything about international packages (I always go domestic) but I can answer some questions about the border and there was something that I once noticed that might be helpful.

I once got busted crossing through the check point on the other side of the border. Once they found my gear (never hide it in the tailgate) I got to watch them run through my whole truck-looking for more stuff, and they never once looked in the undercarage. They tore my whole cab apart but never even looked under the truck.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I don't think they would need to look under there. They have cameras in the ground looking up at the bottom of the the cars. I saw it on the discovery channel.

Not in Larado. It was all pavement. I thought that they might have mirrors-that is why I didnt store my gear there. But there wasnt nothing. I checked it out very closely.

lilbull is offline Associate Member
    what did they do to you when you got busted?

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    How about just stuffing it in your pockets both pockets
    and just being cool about it. I remember I was in the 8th grade I had gone to tj with some freinds and my freind katie
    was stuffing some Somomas in he purse right as we where walking toward the gate on one told us a thing about it. threw

Don't Talk about what you do!!!!!!!
    Talk about what they do!!!!!!
    haha.

paperboy is offline Banned
    My OPINIONS

A)yes,B)yes,C)if it's bigger it's more likly to be scrutinized,D)?,E)yes,F)yes,G)they're not trained to sniff for that (steroids ) and don't,H) they could

A) Do they X-ray packages? and (B) if so do glass amps show up?
    C) is weight part of the process in which they seem to pick a package and check it? (D) Are package checks really that random? (E) Metal detectors for packages? (F) Dogs that can sniff chemical compunds? (G)What kinds of gear can dogs smell? (H) Flagged return addresses.

Those were rhetorical questions paperboy. HAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbull
    what did they do to you when you got busted?
    Keep us for a little while then asked a few questions and let us go. They keep all of our stuff though.

Thread Information