sin
    sin is offline Senior Member

started t3 today...

started t3 today and it feels like my head is gonna pop. ive had a headache all day, for a while it was bad enough to where it was effecting my vision. anyone else go through this at the start? just wondering if i should up the dose tomorrow or keep it low for a few days.

twosocks40 is offline Member
    How much are you taking??? I haven't had any noticable sides with my t3. Are you ramping up?

-B

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I too will be starting T3 soon. A 3 weeker.

Riki is offline New Member
    T3 is risky, get ya bloodlevels checked regularly or else ya need thyroid hormones the rest of your life and ya can say goodsbye to bodybuilding.

Grtz

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riki
    T3 is risky, get ya bloodlevels checked regularly or else ya need thyroid hormones the rest of your life and ya can say goodsbye to bodybuilding.

Grtz
    Can you back that claim up? I call BULLSHIT!! As for your headache man, try lowering your dosages for a few days and ramping back up. If you are only on 20mg a day and are having the headaches, then you may want to consider not taking it as your body may not like it for some reason.

twosocks40 is offline Member

Grtz

Show me the research where it says that. Why does everyone think this of t3??? You would have to abuse the fuck out of it to mess up your thyroid.

-B

gundam675 is offline Senior Member

Grtz

lol. i just love it when people dont try anything for themselves yet appear to be a resident expert on the topic ! lol t3 will not shutdown ur thyroid permanetly. its been proven in study after study. and the only people that say that u might need thyroid hormones for life are the ones who are too scared to try it !

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    Can you back that claim up? I call BULLSHIT!! As for your headache man, try lowering your dosages for a few days and ramping back up. If you are only on 20mg a day and are having the headaches, then you may want to consider not taking it as your body may not like it for some reason.
    i took 25mcg (1 pill) for the first day. im gonna try 1 pill this morning and if it happens again ill stay at that, but if im allright at 12:00 ill take 1 more. you may be right though, if im sensitive to it. i may not do it.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Are you on any AS?

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle
    Are you on any AS?

yep.
    wk 1-4 50mg dbol ed
    wk 1-12 400mg eq ew
    wk 3-12 500mg test e ew
    im in week four right now.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    What about l-thyroxine, does anybody rate that?

Riki is offline New Member
    Gents I'll get ya the page where its stated really clearly.

Grtz

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Okay bro, tough question, T3 for me has many sides. Headache is just one. I get severe night sweats, dizzyness sometimes, hot flashes, and nausia on occassions.
    You also said that you took one tab for the first time. You should cycle T 3 slowly at first then peak up and peak back down (so to speak). If you do a search Cycleon had a great t 3 cycle and properly explained how to run it.
    IMO I think you took to much your first go round. You should start off with half a pill and work your way up etc. If you are introducing a new substance like T 3 into your body, it can cause sudden side effects because you are taking to much and not letting your body get used to the substance.
    And as far as T 3 shutting down your thyroid, there have been many studies that suggest that it will not shut you down. However not doing it properly I believe can cause thyroid problems in the future. Remember t 3 should be treated like any other cycle. You are playing with your thyroid bro, that is something that you should not play around without proper research and cycling. Do a search see the proper ways to cycle t 3, then see if you still are getting head aches.

2timer is offline Senior Member
    t-3 is risky, don't just count on my word but for the first couple of days I had headaches too but it subsided and fat shredding began! I love the stuff! but go to doctor and check if it continues. or I heard lower the dosages and it might help.

sin
    thanks for the input sicilian. i actually have cycleons thread saved on my desktop, ive read through it a bunch of times. there is a little ambiguity about first cycles though. it simply says to increase the ramp up period, it doesnt give specifics. so the normal ramp up for a twenty day cycle is 2 pills the first day and then constant at 4 pills per day for 8 days. so i figured i would try 1 pill the first day, 2 the second, 3 the third, and then hold constant at 4 pills for 5 days.
    anyway today is day two, and the one i took this morning didnt give me any problems, so i took my second pill at 12:00. the difference is that today i took the first pill after breakfast, whereas yesterday i took the pill 1hour before i ate. maybe slowing down the release into my system by taking it with a meal made all the difference. anywho ill keep everyone updated, and thanks for the input.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Sis you must not be looking at the correct cycle, the one I saw at the bottom of each cycle he actaully gives you the number of pills to take the entire cycle. If you want me to look for it let me know.

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian30
    Sis you must not be looking at the correct cycle, the one I saw at the bottom of each cycle he actaully gives you the number of pills to take the entire cycle. If you want me to look for it let me know.

here is what i have

One subject that keeps coming up that many people have difficulty is with properly dosing and tapering T3.

Now while THERE IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER for the persistent rumor that improper t3 use will shut down your thyroid forever, it is also not something to take lightly and like all AAS, should be respected. Ive come up with a formula based on the research Ive done, and both theory as well as practical experience point that it should work well for your fat burning goals as well as give you a proper taper so that the thyroid is able to recover its normal function as quickly as possible. The key to this is having a long enough taper coming off of it. Since origionally designing this formula some will note that I have taken 5% off of the ramp period and placed it toward the back taper insted - this is because I have become convinced that in the presences of exogeneous supplementation, the thyroid shuts down fairly quickly and so the better to spend that time on the taper down.

NOTE 1: If you have never used T3 before, it is suggested that you lessen your constant time and increase your ramp up period to determin your reaction to t3 before heavy use.

NOTE 2: Synthroid (t4) may also be used to good effect with this formula but of course the maximums are diffferent - the ratio of t4:t3 is about 4:1 or 4.5:1 so 100mcg of t3=about 400-450mcg of t4

Its pretty simple really – 5/40/55 is a time-based formula whereby X% of the time of the entire cycle should be spent in one of 3 periods – up/constant/down:

RULE – 1
    5% of the time is spent ramping up to your maximum
    40% of the time is at your maximum
    55% of the time is spent ramping down to cessation (nothing)

RULE – 2
    Each up/down period is further broken down into equal segments for each dosing level with the emphasis being the dosing level toward the end of the period.

RULE – 3
    I dont ever recommend taking more than 125mcg per day and 100mcg will do for most. Above this amount is quite catabolic without hefty concurrent doses of AAS. There are those who advocate higher doses and it is feasible to do so but IMO the effectiveness gains above 100-125mcg are not really worth it.

An example for a 20-day cycle with a max of 100mcg ED using 25mcg pills. Calculate the number of days of each period first (Notice that where the up/down period is unable to be broken into 3 exactly equal parts, the extra is put on the dose level at the last part of the period. (.5) means 1/2 a pill or 12.5mcg

UP CONST DOWN
    4 days 6days 10days
    5% 40% 55%
    2 44444444 33222111.5.5.5

An example for a 60-day cycle with a max of 125mcg ED using 25mcg pills. Notice that where the up/down period is unable to be broken into 3 exactly equal parts, the extra is put on the dose level at the last part of the period.

UP CONST DOWN
    12 days 18days 30days
    5% 40% 55%
    234 555555555555555555555555 44444433333322222221111111.5.5.5.5.5.5.5

Hope this helps someone!

italian2004 is offline New Member
    sin i have the same side effect, its better eating with it, this is week 2 and its allittle better but it makes me sorta depressed, as for the thyroid shutting down, i work in a hospital, researched the hell out of it in our data base eddect, sides, chemical break down and so on and so on, it will not shut ur thyroid down no way no how, now maybe if u totaly hammer it and i mean hammer it you will have thyroid issues, but taken the way we do or mornal ppl tring to get alittle more ripped or loose wieght it wont, and if it it is tremendously abused, ur thyroid will still not shut down, you just have medical issues with it. cytomel , t3 is no more dangerious then any other drug out there, if taken properly there absolutly nothing to worrie about

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I have not yet had any effects. I am on day 2..so yesterday I took one pill..today I spaced out 2...not much of an effect yesterday with one pill..today I am sweating a bit more than normal...but here in Europe we have a horrible heatwave that has griped the continent, so I am not sure what it is..is it the T3 or the Sicilian sun!

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Sweating is a normal side of T3 obviously as it is speeding up your metabolism. I did develop headaches, but I found that if I ate a little bit of food or took a shake with the T3 and drank a HUGE amount of water at the same time, the headaches never developed. And another thing I've found is that the ramp up period doesn't really matter, just follow the RAMP DOWN period to a T, it really does make a difference.

Thread Information