MacGyver is offline Associate Member

HGH doses for a first timer?

WHats up fellas, Im really trying to get a good HGH cycle for my next run. I just dont know how much to take for myself. I read in the EDU threads that 5-6 IUs is good but I dont have that kinda cash. Ive also read about people doing 3IUs.

Heres the deal,
    stats @4cycles
    5'8
    188lbs
    8-10%bf

Im going to cut to about 184 before I start this one. Iom looking to go for 16-20weeks w/ 500-600mg of Enanthate . Possibly throwing 450mg of Deca /week in there as well.

Will 3-4IUs do the trick for me? My bodys wanting more juice nowadays to get the results I want which is why Im wondering. Cant waste my money on this one.
    Also, I dont really wamt to mess w/ slin right now so what are my alternatives. I know its best to combine them but Im not sure Im ready. Ive read that some people take Glucophage instead. Those are pills right? How does that work?

If its night and day using HGH w/ or w/o the Slin then maybe Ill put it off a little longer until Im ready and have researched more and gotten w/ my DR.

Thanks in advance fellas.

big swoll is offline Member
    i can't really answer your question, because ive never done growth either, but im in your boat because i would like to try it soon....ive been reading and alot of first timers do between 2 and 4iu's daily....5 on 2 off of course....im not sure if that helps....if anyone else has any experience using 2iu's ed please comment

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I wouldn't go lower than 4IU's a day...

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    I wouldn't go lower than 4IU's a day...
    Why not bro? I'm abuot to try 3iu's ED. Lots of people have done 2iu's ED with good ersults as well.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    I got GREAT results starting with 2.5 IU's and upped it to 3.5 after about 4 months...stayed on for 10 months.....Alot of bros, claim you need 4 or more...I suppose everyone is dif.......

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'm curious as well. Iron, your suggestion of 4IU's, how long would you run that? Would you get the same results by doing 2IU's and lengthening the cycle duration?

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    I was on for two months doing 5i.u.'s per day. Got very positive results. Have heard bro's stating you can do less, but the lilly humatrope instructions said it depends on your bodyweight. I'm around 230 so it said I need 5i.u.'s per day. Try to find the Weight/I.U. amount ratio thats right for you. I don't think I have the intrsructions anymore, but do some research. Best of luck.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Doing 6 ius ed right now but i'd say good results can be gotten from 3ius a day or even 2ius in conjuction with AAS and or slin.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Doing 6 ius ed right now but i'd say good results can be gotten from 3ius a day or even 2ius in conjuction with AAS and or slin.
    Would you say you can get results - size and lean out - with JUST slin and gh but no aas (or even just a tiny amount)?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Slin + HGH I think you'll pack on size without AAS as well as not really worry about gaining fat from the slin and leaning out. There is no doubt it works better with all three though and I think i'd run atleast test throughout the GH cycle to maximize its benifit.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, FRANK WHITE, but those weight/IU ratios apply solely to GHD patients. So unless you've been diagnosed hypopituitary, they don't necessarily apply.

The first time I took GH, I coerced my doc into starting me at 2.4IU's daily - partially based on those weight ratios. Within 2 weeks, I experienced severe hyperthyroidism. It was a terrible experience but I did learn a lot. I cannot imagine what would have happened if I had started at 4-5IU's daily. I may have fried my thyroid.

The best advice I can give you is to start slow and work up gradually. Also, multiple injects throughout the day are better. Several months later, I was actually able to tolerate the same 2.4IU's that created such chaos by taking 0.8IU's 4x daily.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I got the little insert from some Genotropin and it says for Growth Hormone Deficient Adult Patients... start at .006mg per/kg per day (2.7 IU per mg)... and gradually increase to a maximum of .012mg/kg.

Bill Roberts says .3 I.U./week for each pound of body weight is good practice...

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, I'm doing 2iu's a day and being almost done with the 2nd month, I am definitely leaning out. Plus, I'm getting bad sides even at 2iu's a day. start out small and work your way up!!!!!

So start small. What about the glucophage does anyone have any experience w/that.

Hey IronFist at what body weight would you recommend the 4IU daily.

Hey Warrior if I weigh 185 at the start of the cycle then thats
    185 X .3 = 55.5IUs/week

55.5 / 5days = 11.1IUs/day!!!

Who the fuck is Bill Roberts?! That seems like a little too much for me my man. Ill have to rob a few more liquor stores for that kinda loot.

Billmister is offline Member
    lol hell yeah that seems a lot... i just did the calculations for me. and got a huge number

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=goldenear]Yeah, FRANK WHITE, but those weight/IU ratios apply solely to GHD patients. So unless you've been diagnosed hypopituitary, they don't necessarily apply.

Thanks Bro, I didn't realize that.

LOL, I learned that the hard way...

Ok Im thinking of starting off w/ 2IUs and then going to 3 after two weeks. possibly going to 4 towards the end. Is there a limit as to how long you can be on it?

Im still not sure on the glucophage

How long does it take to get inyour system and for you to feel anything going on? A month?

MacGyver - thats actually something I was thinking as well... would Gloucaphage/Metformin be used (used on Type 2 Diabetics - non insulin dependent right?)... good question... Wouldn't help with keeping insulin sensitive while on GH?

Bill Roberts is the head dude from T-Mag... one of the things he is really known for was his classification of AAS into Class I, and Class II to try and make a system out of putting together stacks. He's one of the outspoken researchers on the athletic use of AAS. I gave the link to his profile on GH in my last post. I think it should be noted how he mentions most disappointments with GH are sometimes dose related - as well as mishandeling it. GH is good for 24 months unmixed and refrigerated... 1 month at room temperature, unmixed... and about 24 hours (refrigerated) once you mix it with the water. Pretty sensitive shit...

I would think at your B/W you would be fine starting out at 2 IU per day... but i am new to this as well. Probably try it soon enough though... since I got a killer source.
    Last edited by Warrior; 08-20-2003 at 07:52 AM.

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    What happened to using Bacteriostatic water to allow the Gh to last for a week or two? Does these timelines go for every kind of Gh manufacturer?Also I cliked on the link and the page is not coming up anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    MacGyver - thats actually something I was thinking as well... would Gloucaphage/Metformin be used (used on Type 2 Diabetics - non insulin dependent right?)... good question... Wouldn't help with keeping insulin sensitive while on GH?

Bill Roberts is the head dude from T-Mag... one of the things he is really known for was his classification of AAS into Class I, and Class II to try and make a system out of putting together stacks. He's one of the outspoken researchers on the athletic use of AAS. I gave the link to his profile on GH in my last post. I think it should be noted how he mentions most disappointments with GH are sometimes dose related - as well as mishandeling it. GH is good for 24 months unmixed and refrigerated... 1 month at room temperature, unmixed... and about 24 hours (refrigerated) once you mix it with the water. Pretty sensitive shit...

I would think at your B/W you would be fine starting out at 2 IU per day... but i am new to this as well. Probably try it soon enough though... since I got a killer source.
    Last edited by xtremesport14; 08-20-2003 at 07:57 AM.

xtremesport14 - I grabbed one of those little inserts from some Genotropin that I am lookin' into. Those where the timelines as stated by the manufacturer... here it is word-for-word:

Shelf life
    The powder for injection is assigned a shelf life of 24 months when stored cold (+2-+8 C). Before reconstitution the package can be kept in room temperature not more than one month; not above 25 C.

Reconstituted GENOTROPIN 1.3mg may be stored for 24 hours in refrigerator (+2-+8 C) and protected from light.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    How long does it take to get inyour system and for you to feel anything going on? A month?
    Your body's physiology will react immediately to the drug. But you're not going to feel "jacked" on GH. It doesn't work that way. In fact, the only thing you'll "feel" from GH will be the sides, lol. You'll see what I mean after you start.

If you are combining it with AAS, you will experience tremendous pumps, though.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenear
    Your body's physiology will react immediately to the drug. But you're not going to feel "jacked" on GH. It doesn't work that way. In fact, the only thing you'll "feel" from GH will be the sides, lol. You'll see what I mean after you start.

If you are combining it with AAS, you will experience tremendous pumps, though.

Agreed! People have to remember HGH is NOT a steroid . YOU WILL NOT GET BIG FROM HGH ALONE.

Right, on not feeling jacked on GH. i didnt think it would give a feeling like that.

Are the gains then that much more on GH+AS than AS alone? Because w/ AS alone (700mgEnan+500Deca or EQ) I will make great gains. But if Im ont going to get another 10lbs and drop 8lbs of BF w/ the inclusion of GH than I dont think its worth @$2k to me. Im only interested in lean mass gains. Im ont going to be gaining and cutting.

Also can you get Serostim(?) GH in Mexico or any other type? Im wondering what the price would be.

Thanks for the replies

Thread Information