Thread: **Injury???

Bogan is offline Junior Member

**Injury???

Have any one had their wrist broken?
    I got in a fight recently and broke my wrist. I’m just wondering how long would it take for it to heal so I can come back to the gym. And how long before I’ll be able to lift full strength???

Titanium2 is offline Junior Member
    Probably a couple months. Do some light dumbell work with the good arm. Your body tries to maintain symmetry, and by training the good arm, the injured arm will benefit.... Sounds weird, but it's true.... Just go easy, so you don't have to worry about out growing the other arm.... lol

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

fractures

Generally, bone fractures heal within 6-8 weeks depending on the type of break. What part of the wrist was broken? One of the small wrist bones or the long bones of the forearm? If it was a bone in the wrist, most likely the navicular bone, those have a tendancy to take a bit longer if not properly set. You 'll have x-rays about 5-7 weeks post break to see if the fracture site has healed and then be given clearance for light to moderate workouts and then full workouts at about 10 weeks. THis is the most common path I had seen when I was in the medical field. But that was about 5 years ago so things may have changed a bit.

Bogan is offline Junior Member
    thanks alot everyone!

Thread Information