Thread: Navy SEAL Cycle

Mentalism is offline Junior Member

Going into Navy SEAL Training - Cycle Suggestions??

Wurd~

I enlisted in the navy under the SEAL challenge program - looks like I'm going to BUD/s in Coronado for a little taste of hell on earth, can't wait!

However, Im not shipping off for almost 112 days, which is good because I've got a lot of getting into shape to do. I'm 6', 210 pounds approx. 10% BF. The average SEAL is 175 pounds, 8% BF, that tells me I'm too damn big.

I want to do a cycle to reach my peak physical state before going in the service, but I dont want to gain an ounce, in fact I hope to lose a lot of this bulk and just be left with some iron fiber muscle. These guys run flat out for 5 miles and swim in the ocean for 2 and at 210 pounds there is no way in fuck I can keep wind and do that. So...

Looking for opinions on a cycle to LOSE FAT & MUSCLE (Approx. 15 pounds), BUILD STRENGTH & ENDURANCE and approx 12 weeks in length. Bro's got some suggestions?
    Last edited by Mentalism; 08-17-2003 at 09:07 PM.

ittybittymass is offline New Member
    wow! give it to me!

BDTR is offline Retired
    So you're looking for catbolism, fat loss, strength gain AND endurance? Dude that's gonna be hard. I think you'd be well off with a prop, t3, clen , winnie cycle while really cutting calories to decrease your BF, i don't see why you need to lose muscle unless you're so giant ape or something.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Also adjust your training to include less and less volume work and more and more explosive movements.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I really don't think you wanna take off muscle. Cut the fat down and you'll be ok. You'll loose plenty of muscle your first week of BUDS. By the time your done you'll be skinny as hell with all that cardio and lack of sleep. If I were you I'd start working on muscle endurance.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Well all I can say is it's more mental than anything, I've had a few friends wash out 2 or 3 times before they made it through basic demo and onto tac training. Endurance endurance endurance.

Also, most the SEALs that I know aren't 175, more along the lines of 200+, but then again SEALs don't get tested, nice little perk

cajun2577 is offline New Member
    Believe me you will get tested while going thru BUD/S I have been thru it and still work there so i would find a cycle that gets out quick. And it is ALL MENTAL!!!! And any muscle you gain u will lose. Good luck see you when you get here.

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    Lay of the roids bud. It will do you no good at all. Get in shape if you want, but roids will fuck you up at this point. Say good bye to the muscle and hello endurance. Get used to it if you want to be a Seal.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't bother with a cycle but I would start swimming like crazy and try practicing task while in a sleep deprived state.

arby is offline Associate Member
    What you need to do is very simple. Run more and more each day, and swim more and more each day. You will lose fat and muscle and gain endurance. If you do a 12 week cycle you'll be lucky to have recovered by the time you ship off.

RB

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    1ST BRO, get ahold of Big TExan he was a seal and ask him what would be good for you. I trained partied and was bro's with seals, I was almost there 2 times (don't want to get specific)...anyways, 1st you better be mentally ready before anything! your body can adjust and be strong, but your head better be on tight or your be ringing the bell! And you don't want that! I also know there is juice does run throught the veins of many a seal, but I would make sure that it is short lasting ester.
    Run an swim! Where are you now? because if I was you and I was on the strand I'd swim from IB Pier passed the crypto site till your arms fall off and then run back as far as you can to IB. I would just get ready, don't forget...on hell week 110 or so go in and only 1/3 come out! then the rest get ridden off the remained of months. I would check into a physciatrist or someone that can help you with concentration. NO BS Bro you want it you better because you have 1 2nd guess and your done!
    Good luck brother..
    SID

Lots of good info here, any other suggestions or former/active SEALs on the board that can suggest some stuff to better prepare myself for this?

I know I can do it mentally, I've pretty much decided I'll drop down dead before ringing out. I've accomplished everything I want to in life besides this, so I'm ready to die for this shit if I need to.

It's getting shin splits, or stress fractures or some type physical bullshit I cant help that scares me. I dont want to get 3 months into this and get stress fractures because I wasnt properly conditioned.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I can tell you this, I know more people than you WANT to know of that have had knee's, shins, shoulders, had a guy almost die swimming. Just know that you need to run and run and swim your balls off...
    Here's something you also need to know, there's this thing called the buds curse...everytime a buds trainee touches the water the waves get jacked! Trust me bro, I surfed there, swam there and trained there and when it gets nov etc. the waves wall up and it's tough as shit to get out there! I'd drive out there and start swimming in that water! There's sting rays all over the floor there right now, (it's breeding season I think right now) and that's always fun! Also the water is in the 50's non stop during the winter so I'd try to get ready for that too. I got work but I'll check back...
    SID

Grizzly is offline New Member
    Personally, I don't think you have time for a cycle I mean winny itself detection time is around 2 months not sure about equipoise but someone else might know and if you did a winny cycle alone it would be right on the edge and I think you get testing starting your basic underwater demolition School If I was you I would try just eat super lean and do either clen or eca stack or maybe both but moniter yourself and drink plenty of water. Detection time for either of these 2 is 10 days or less. clen will really help with sheddy that fat if you diet is clean and consistant while an eca stack will also but not as good as the clen both are anti-catobolic and you can lose alot of your fat but still keep most of your size you have with your extensive training. But remember drink gallons of water high protein and eat lean. Good luck

Btw get ready for the flipping and drowning process you are about to get yourself into. good luck

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Mentalism..

Although I was never a SEAL, I was with a Marine Force Recon Platoon and much of our training and schools are designed like BUDS..I can tell you that the key elements for making it through are endurance, mental focus, and discipline..

I would absolutely rule out the idea of cycling..You don't need to be going through a recovery period when coming off the AS and then jumping into something of that magnitude..Your body is going to be under enough distress so I wouldn't do anything to add to it..

I would concentrate on your swimming skills, especially in frigid to cold water..This gets a lot of people..Many Marines in my Amphib Recon School really suffered with the borderline hypothermia..Me included..It really takes it out of you..I would also add in biking, skipping rope, and a versa-climber or something to that effect..I would try and keep everything as low impact as possible that way you can keep the damage to a minimum to your joints..I would also add in distance running but make sure you have a very good pair of shoes and are properly warmed up..Injuries wash more people out than anything..

I think a good nutritional program, a ECA stack, proper hydration, and endurance building excercises is your best bet..I really don't think AS is the right course..Save that for when you make it through..And you can expect to have stress fractures and strains..It's just part of it..When I graduated from Amphib School I had three stress fractures in my left shin..I just lived off the 800 mg Motrin that they hand out like candy..If you want it badly enough and stay focused, you can make it..

I have a question though..Are you already enlisted and stationed somewhere in the Navy or are you waiting to leave for boot camp?? Just curious how they do it these days..Good Luck!!

Doc M

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    My Pop is a retired Seal Master Chief, and I asked him (a while back)if he ever, or any of his guys ever, juiced. He said that some guys did, and he even did...but they used it to speed recovery of injuries mainly. He was 5'9" 210ish with under 10% bf most of the time. He said he'd lose 10+ pounds when he went on jobs though.
    I would advise against a cycle right now. If your putting in your runs and swims...you will lose weight. Consider a Keto style diet to help facilitate fat loss...I also dont have a problem with the ECA addition either.

JMHO

D

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    I would say do an eight week cycle that includes tren , winny, test, and clen . Lay off the T3, it will only lead to more catabolism than you need. I would include a great deal of cardio. Don't force muscle loss, I imagine you will lose some anyway. I would come in a little heavy, and let the BUD/s take care of the rest. I would try to squeeze in 2 months of clomid, because you sure as hell don't want to have low testosterone levels during that time.

Or, if possible, you could cycle through BUD/s by using a long acting test blend like sustanon . Ideally, you want weekly injections, but with sustanon you will still have half of the amount you injected in your body after a month (which will still be more than anyone else you are working with). That would give you a performance enhancing advantage over everyone.

Think this through, though - you don't want to make any mistakes.

-SF

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    Bro , I got one thing to say to you......RUN, RUN, RUN AND FUCKING RUN SOME MORE...ALSO SWIM YOUR FUCKING ASS OFF!!! START EATING A WELL BALANCED DIET....IN 2 MINUTES OR LESS...CUT OUT SODA, ANY ALCOHOL AND IF YOU SMOKE ANYTHING, CUT IT OUT NOW ......

START DOING BASIC PT ...PUSH UPS SIT UPS AND RUNNING....

WHEN YOU SHOWER DO NOT USE HOT WATER JUST COLD....

IF YOU DO IT RIGHT YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR GROCERY BILL GO DOWN AND BE TIRED AND SORE FOR AWHILE AND YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT FROM WEEK ONE......

HOPE YOU MAKE IT BRO, WELCOME TO SPECIAL OPS TRAINING

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    The best advice given to you in this thread is all of the 'practice drill' stuff outlined by Jaros and Rickson. Forget AS, work on your mental game.

cajun2577 is offline New Member
    Ok since i am going out for BUD/S i will tell you what i am doing. Running about 10 miles EOD broken up into 5 at a time and doing it around 30 min. And swimming in the ocean about 4 miles a day. EOD. Now mind you i work on the base that the BUD/S train on and see them every day and alot of my friends are SEALS i still don't know if that is enough b/c you can never come in, in good enough condition to be where they are at. So what i would suggest also it running in heavy sand for about an extra mile a day. But do be aware that 30% go out from injury. the last class 245 had 118 come in and 28 Grad. Good Luck!!

Hoo Yah

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Bro,

I wasn't a seal, but wen't through Marine OCS, tough enough in my opinion. Thinking back now, I might have taken a shot of Test every week, 250-400mg at most. If you could take it, which you can't because you wouldn't have access, I might have taken HGH every day. I was 26 when I wen't through so it could have helped me with recovery I believe. All the advice on endurance training is dead on. Go for it and best of luck bro.

alex*v.7 is offline New Member
    If I were you, I'd defenetly run a cycle. Masteron 50mg ED.

Run a lot everydays. Do a lot of explosion, as it's been stated above. Also fellow a great diet.

Take r-ala, efa's, green tea extrat 1g per days, 7-keto DHEA, L-Tyrosine and Kelp.

You'll keep your libido, loose weight, gain strenght, gain endurance and prolly loose a bit of muscle. My take is that you'll end up at 7% bodyfat and around 177lbs.

edit:

as someone pointed out, you could take HGH. That could help you to get even lighter but being stronger AND still have low risk of tendons, ligaments or any kind of internal injury. If ever you injure yourself, then you'll get back on track at the speed of light.
    Last edited by alex*v.7; 08-19-2003 at 12:22 AM.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Hey bro I wasnt a seal but I was a ranger and I can tell you that a cycle wont help you pass buds. You need to do what someone else mentioned above do a lot of push ups ed shoot for 300 a day and do lots and lots of flutter kicks, lots of sit ups and a hell of a lot of running, you nned to really run a lot cause thats the hardest part is running and the rest is all mental.

GL

UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member
    so you are not even in basic training yet? Bro I would not count on being in BUDs just because you enliested under the seal challenge program. Its not that easy to get a slot.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i wouldnt even consider a cycle, it will fuck with your cardio to much, just not an option

peace

Ultimate Fighter, I've done 4 years of ROTC and can currently pass the SEAL Challenge PT (w/o even hardly trying) and scored a 84 on ASFAB (Only need 55 to get in) so Im not worried about getting a slot. I'll be going to A-School for diving and ordance disposal so I will have a fair amount of diving experience going into BUD/s.

Wait wait... a cycle is gunna screw with my cardio? How so?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Mentalism, did you read my pm I sent you? Do not, I repeat, do not use AS at this point! Just stick to a good diet, up your carbs to help with all the running and swimming you SHOULD be doing. Stick with your basic push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups. You can use weight training but I recommend light to moderate weight for high reps. Stay focused and do not go into this thinking it's going to be a cake walk. Like I said there was nothing I wanted more in my life and I felt like I'd never ring the bell and trust me every other day I struggled with the thought of ringing out! The instructors there will play non-stop mental games with you trying to get inside your head and make you feel weak and feel like you can't go on. They will try their damndest to break you. Just work on your endurance and mental focus. Start slow like a mile or 2 a day and gradually work up to where you're running about 21 miles a week and start swimming laps with and without fins. Best of luck and stay away of any AS for now. If you have anymore questions pm me and I'll look around for my bro's number. He's still currently a SEAL and he may be willing to help you set up a training regiment.

Thread Information