G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!

Busted for sending Western Union/Money Gram?

Does anybody know of anyone who has been busted for sending WU of MG payments? I'm just curious because I do use my real info for sending money to people.

J-Bud is offline Associate Member
    I'm not sure they "could" legally charge you with anything since you send them money and get nothing in return at that time.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    they would not be able to trace it if you have a smart dealer overseas =-)

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    They could probably use it as evidence against u in some way if you were busted for recieving AS.
    I always use a fake name when ordering, and throw the paper out somewhere other then my house trash can..
    I think if you send more then $1000 you have to show your drivers license or something but i'm not sure.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I believe you now have to show ID for all transactions.WU will if you exceed their limit set per month report it and I,m unsure of what that limit is.MG will record all transactions over $1000 generally anything under that will not be recorded.However ALL transactions are recorded under the 8(MG) or 10(WU) digit number given and the amount sent/received.This is ONLY to prevent money laundering and terrorists.I would imagine that most of the people who use it use very small amounts and infrequently so the chances of getting busted are very remote......afterall you are merely helping out a buddy ;-)

toolman is offline Banned
    Use a fake name/address and also never use your credit card on their website. Just use cash and keep it under $1000

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    $999 U.S and under ... no I.D needed. I usually just use westernunion.com so I dont have to run out to the store.

Its not illegal to send someone money .... now getting something in return is a different story.

I used to use the fake name and addy but I lost a couple hundred once because there was a few mistakes and I couldn't furnish proper ID for them to clear it up. After that now I just use my info.

I was just thinking that maybe if my source got nabbed one day it could come back to me, which I hope not. Anyone ever hear of picking up gone bad?

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    hop on the evocash bandwagon.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    If your source gets snagged and cooperates with authorities then they will get you one way or another. Leaving paper trails from transactions could make their job easier to track down you down but will not be enough to lock you up. Picking up the package is another story though...

by the way why don't all sources just make our lives easier and accept blank money orders?

Something like $50 to send $500 through western union...I can see paying that much to send a car across country, but to do an electronic cash transfer, that's ridiculous.

~US~
    Last edited by usualsuspect; 08-22-2003 at 03:50 PM.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle
    hop on the evocash bandwagon.
    I've been thinking about going this way. How does it work?

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    You mail a money order to exchangers to fund your evo account. then your source will tell you his evo account number, and you transfer it like paypal. all kept off shore. then the source can get that money mailed to him, or he can withdrawl it on anonymous debit card. it's very nice, all sources should accept it. I know most people pay like$30-$70 to send via WU. With Evocash, it's like $2.

Yeah, I wish they did use evo, would make it a bit easier for me to send.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle
    You mail a money order to exchangers to fund your evo account. then your source will tell you his evo account number, and you transfer it like paypal. all kept off shore. then the source can get that money mailed to him, or he can withdrawl it on anonymous debit card. it's very nice, all sources should accept it. I know most people pay like$30-$70 to send via WU. With Evocash, it's like $2.
    Holy shit! how does the anonymous debit card work? Is it a EVO debit card or something?

Yes, it's an evo debit that will work on any ATM with STAR I think, one of those.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Evo cash sounds like a good idea but I prefer source's who except cash payments through the mail. I know it sounds alittle bit risky but if you send it delivery confirmation it's pretty safe IMO.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    No way can you get in trouble, they may just ask questions.

web03 is offline Associate Member
    My best friend's source got busted right after he WU him money and he just went and got a refund. Not problems or questions.

Your friends source got busted for getting WU and your friend was still able to pick it back up or how did that work?

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    This might be interesting. My favorite source only does WU and I've ordered quite a few times in the last year...

Thread Information