Ex_banana-eater is offline Junior Member

Congress to increase penalties for AAS offences

Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold @ bodybuilding.com

quote:

This is specifically for the attention of those juicers who say they can care less if prohormones are banned or not

the much awaited Biden bill has been introduced into the Senate. In it, they broaden the anabolic steroid control act to include prohormones and prosteroids.

But they don't stop there. They also propose much stricter penalties for anabolic steroid offenses. That means that your possession of those Dbol tabs that you thought was no big deal might now get your ass thrown in prison as if you were possessing a bag of coke.

Pass this on to all anabolic boards on the net please

Sign the petitions: www.usfa.biz

Originally posted by AlexPSU @bodybuilding.com

Everyone now has to e-mail, write, and call their representatives and let them know they they WILL NOT BE RE-ELECTED if they pass this bill. Flood their offices with phone calls... visit USFA.biz and MOVEON.org for more info on who your rep's are.

barbarian is offline Banned
    lol dosent bother me any i can shit legally but i feel bad for everyone else. sad verry sad.

If you are an American citizen, please speak out to your representitive.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    THe USA is great place but they are soooo fucking anal about the drugs! What's up with that?

Rick Collins is offline Legal Guru
    Senator Biden is at it again, with his brand new proposed "Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2003." This bill would remove the words "promotes muscle growth" from the definition of an anabolic steroid, specifically exempt DHEA, and make a long list of prohormones into anabolic steroids . It specifically holds off on scheduling androstenedione until the FDA answers whether androstenedione is properly a dietary supplement (a bizarre twist, given that it was congressional attention to that particular compound that started this whole mess). To add insult to injury, it tells the U.S. Sentencing Commission to consider upping the punishments for steroid offenses (a boost for the War on Drugs). It also throws millions of tax dollars into education and surveys.

Before panic sets in, please understand that this is a bill, not a law. It is a significant milestone, but is far from the end of the process. It may not be the final version of what may ultimately be voted upon by Congress. It may not pass, or it may pass with changes. The House is reportedly going to do hearings on prohormones in the fall or spring. If held, these hearings would take place before the bill was even called to a vote.

Biden's bill was drafted without USFA (www.usfa.biz) input or support. The consumers and industry members of the USFA opposed legislation like this from the start, opposed it in every meeting we had on the Hill, and oppose it still. Presently, if prohormones are to be saved, I believe we need to focus more on grassroots support. The Olympia Expo will offer a great chance to reach a huge chunk of the fitness-minded public at the USFA booth.

Ironically, the attack on supplements started because of ephedra. Now, ephedra remains legal while prohormones -- which aren't even alleged to be killing anyone -- are on the chopping block. The process has gone terribly astray due to self-serving politics and special interests. Spread the word.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Im going to mexico to live all i gotta say is WHOS COMING WITH ME!!!!! This is fucking rediculous, we have got to be the biggest assholes when it comes to drugs. Yes they do cause problems but shit look at canada weed is practically almost legalized and do they have problems, NOOOOOOOOOO. Give me roids or Give me Death...send me to prison ill juice just as much you fucking poiticians!!!!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Rick -hope you like the title - what about attacking it from the angle that it is roughly an unfunded mandate to the states and it is taking $$$ from DEA efforts in more critical areas that are resurfacing like heroin use?

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Rick.. Thanks for the added input, especially the comment regarding Ephedra starting this recent 'snowball'. Ephedra .. Prohormones .. what's next? Creatine! Now they want to make AAS offenses more strict! Like Cycleon said, What about the funds and time this will take away from the more serious side of the War On Drugs.

for those who havent seen this ^^^

Instead of writing a letter (or in addition to it), you can call Senator Biden’s office. It takes less time, and forces somebody in his office to take the time to listen. The phone number is 202-224-5042. Here's one example of what to say. This is just a suggested guide, not something to read word-for-word. Be polite, but make sure your voice is heard. As I've said before, whether or not you like prohormones isn't the point. We need to stand up against any further governmental efforts to "protect us" by taking our personal dietary health choices away from us.

Hello, I would like to speak to the Senator or one of his staff members to voice my strong opposition regarding the Senator’s efforts to further regulate prohormone products and categorize them as anabolic steroids .

I strongly oppose the Senator’s efforts and feel they are not based on fact, not supported by science, and will do more harm than good to the vast majority of adult Americans who use and want to continue to use these products.

My reasons are as follows:

There is no evidence that these products are unsafe. Rather, these products have been safely used by millions of consumers. Trying to ban these products is an example of going too far to "protect us from ourselves."

To remove these products from the market just because a few professional or Olympic athletes use them to gain an unfair advantage is not fair and penalizes many because of the acts of a few elite level cheaters. Punish them, not the rest of America.

The Senator's bill would do even more harm to the public than simple removing these products from the market. His bill would subject adult Americans to arrest, prosecution and imprisonment for the mere possession of these products. That's simply intolerable.

There are other less oppressive ways to deal with prohormones. The solution is to adopt responsible advertising guidelines, marketing and sales restrictions so they are not sold to minors, and other responsible regulations. Prohormones are already banned in many competitive sports. The Senator’s actions go much too far and he should work with industry and consumer groups such as the USFA so that the needs of adult Americans, many from the Senator’s own state, can be free from the threat of imprisonment and can continue to have access to these products if they so choose.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    THe USA is great place but they are soooo fucking anal about the drugs! What's up with that?
    ====================

Too many people who think they have the right to interfere in other people's private lives. If more people had happier lives, maybe they'd mind their own damn business . . .
    My great-great grandfather emigrated from Canada to the US, I think he may have made a mistake . . .
    --Tock

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    What a crock of shit...

Rick - are you sure that Sen Biden is the best choice? he is not a sponsor of the bill I dont think - also, perhaps calling up members on the committe that it is about to get passed to (health, etc committee) - NYs Sen Schumer and Clinton are both co-sponsors so NY should really hit them - I know I have already.

Also, what about the parallel bill making its way through the house? it is even MORE restrictive!!!!!

To clarify, there are three bills of concern. The "Durbin Bill" (S. 722) is the one co-sponsored by Schumer and Clinton. That one attacks ALL dietary supplements (in addition to banning prohormones), and is being fought against by such a broad coalition of interests that it may well be unlikely to pass in its present form. The "Sweeney-Osborne Bill" (H.R. 207) is the one in the House that attacks prohormones and ephedra. But both S. 722 and H.R. 207 are effectively "on hold" while Sen. Joe Biden launches his as yet un-numbered bill. That's because as the father of the Anabolic Steroid Control Act, Biden is looked at as the authority on the issue of steroids and their precursors. His bill, likely to be introduced this week or next, will have high credibility and strong momentum. Here's the bill itself: http://www.usfa.biz/bidenbill.pdf. So, yes, Biden is unquestionably the key player, and the situation is urgent. Unless he perceives some popularity liability in his chosen course, he'll move ahead with gusto. After Biden, the next guy to call is Senator Hatch of Utah, who may be attracted to support Biden's bill because it bans prohormones without weakening DSHEA. Hatch must be made to think twice about supporting the Biden bill.

To get a better understanding of the situation, check out www.usfa.biz. The News forum can be looked at as a historical timeline of the various bills and issues of the past months.

Iowa Boy is offline Associate Member
    What is the problem?? It’s not like I'm out killing people for money so I can get my high. Working out is my high. Just leave us alone. Thanks Rick, I will do my part.
    Last edited by Iowa Boy; 09-02-2003 at 09:46 AM.

fullback40 is offline Junior Member
    Bump!

I couldn't care less about prohormones, but tougher penalties? I wonder what this will do to the HRT candidates. I guess if they criminalize everything, it means more law enforcement, more legal fees, etc. This is perpetuating the big monster we know as the Criminal Justice system.

Rick it is good to see you on this board! I hope we see more of your input.

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    they are taking away my right my steriods are my pursuit of happiness lol this sucks but thats what we spend our tax dollars on

Heads up: there is every expectation from the sources in Washington that Biden will introduce his bill very, very soon. If you want to voice your opinion, now is the time to call Biden and Hatch.

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    That sucks !! It is my body I Juice if I want.. Usa Fu*king sucks when it comes to AS.. Fu*k it I'm moving out..

love the steroid user hate the crack smoker

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    ^^^^
    Think we should all come together and do our part.

Tuggy is offline Associate Member
    Everyone should get that number (202-224-5042) to Biden's office and make certain they call. I promise you I will call first thing in the morning.

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    All you in Calif make sure you vote for Arnold as Gov. I am sure he will terminate this nonsense

Slangin Roids is offline Junior Member
    Atleast steroids can be considered a productive drug, fuck this bill

Just finished a good one-hour radio interview on "The Nature of Health" show with Don Bodenbach of KCEO in San Diego. Covered Durbin, Biden, and Sweeney-Osborne bills with a focus on personal responsibility (not governmental commands) in dietary health choices. Listeners were urged to support the USFA at www.usfa.biz and to begin standing up for their freedoms before it's too late. They were also urged to visit their local health food stores and ask them to contact the USFA. Unless there's a major grassroots revolt, one (or more) of these bills is likely to pass. Hopefully, the message is starting to get out there...

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    And these are our intelligent elected officials?....

RC_0891 is offline Junior Member
    This is all garbage. One thing has always bothered me when thinking about this issue. We, as americans, supposedly have the right to do what we want with our body. Women have the right to get an abortion when needed. Why should we not have the right to put something of our choosing IN to our body. Sure, in mega doses steroids might be harmful. Fucking eat about a hundred tylenol and see how you feel. If this shit passes I am going to call this idiot and tell him to pass a bill regulating cold medicine. moron

RC

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    When a few people f_ck up, they f_ck it up for everyone. So if we keep the few people from fu_cking up, everyone else doesn't get f_cked up. Fu_ckers who f_ck it up for everyone are the real f_cks that need to get fucked. Fuckers who fuck the f_ck because of f_ckers are f_ckers themselves.

Here's an interesting new article...

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/7393379.htm

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    thanks for the article RC

Gilster is offline Member
    I am offended by your quote here in that article.

The people involved in steroids are average, everyday folks -- mostly men in their 30s -- who are using these purely for cosmetic reasons and want to look good for their vacation in Cancun.''

I haven't been to Cancun in YEARS now...j/k...lol.........Good article THX for sharing.

bigdave91 is offline Associate Member
    I live in the UK and the legal system of this country is bringing it to its knees. For one example if your house is being broken into and you catch the guy then you will get sent to prison for assault and the asshole who broke into your house will be let off cos he was assaulted.
    Another example is The ammount of money that is being spent on trying to catch people speeding in their cars is insane!! Speed cameras are EVERYWHERE and on top of that there are policemen hiding inside construction company trucks with handheld speed cameras.
    Its completely takes the piss!!

Its getting so bad that there are thousands of people every year emigrating to europe and the US and Aus. I am considering moving to the US cos i love that country and i think that the police have enough power to enforce the law on criminals whereas the UK police cant say certain words, cant touch the criminals or they will get suspended etc!

Anyway what im trying to say is that the ONE SINGLE thing i like about the uk is that the laws on drugs are actually pretty good. For instance you cant be arrested for using steroids only for selling them. The same goes for weed (but not officially). I cant understand why the US, a country which is run SO much better than the uk can be so closed minded towards drugs, especially steroids. Thats not to flame the US cos i f**king love the country, but its the one thing i dont like about US i can point out.

Im sure the rest of you guys agree??

Dave

Taejoon is offline Associate Member
    Senator Biden = ****tard... Let people make their own choices about their bodies, they haven't banned plastic surgery yet, and yet it's ok to ban prohormones WTF?

Taejoon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod
    And these are our intelligent elected officials?....
    I don't think intelligence has much to do with it...

Nice article Rick - I am glad you and george are there to give a 3D picture to the issue instead of the 1 side we always hear - that was as close to a real and unbiased article on things as I have possibly ever read

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    That is bull****.

RabidLassie is offline Junior Member

my take

don't you love how it's people like this who've probably never even seen the inside of a gym that are telling us how to live our lives? who do they think they are?!

kinda reminds me of how the health care system of this country is working with hmo's. it's the B- college students in these hmo's that are making the medical decisions the doctors (A+ college students) should be making.

ASININE

Thread Information