Thread: 20 inch guns

olympia81 is offline Junior Member

20 inch guns

do any of u guys have 20 inch arms? how long does it usually take to get an inch on your arms i know everyone is different but just in general..i heard rule of thumb is 1 inch per cycle did anyone hear of that?

BDTR is offline Retired
    1 inch per cycle is really unrealistic. my training partner has 18 cycles, his arms are 20 inches and they were about 16 when he started, if he gained an inch each cycle they'd be 34 inches. Mine are sitting at 18 right now, hopefully ill hit 19 by the end of the year.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Roughly an inch per every 15 LBs you put on

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, I've got 20" arms...bdtr is right about the 1" per cycle. That's impossible. It's taken me 8 1/2 years to add ~5" to my arms.

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    I am at 20", but I´m through a cycle, and I figure that I can raise it more, but there will be a decrase in the end (I hope only a few!!)
    Sorry, I´m not!

I just misunderstood kg to lb conversion of inches to centimetres. I am now at 41cm...

But I hope it gets huger than it is now!! Triceps for fun!
    Last edited by taquipariu; 08-26-2003 at 12:45 PM.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I think it's better to put it into Pheedno's perspective. The more weight you add while bodybuilding, the bigger all your muscles get. I added an inch and a half to my neck when I gained 15-20 pounds, so that sounds about right.

olympia81 is offline Junior Member
    my arms are about 17.5 right now i am gonna hit my first bulk cycle i hope one day to hit the 22 mark but ill settle for 20.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by olympia81
    ...but ill settle for 20.....lol
    I doubt it unless you're ~5'4" LOL

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    I thought it was a inch every 14-16 pds

LOCKDOWN is offline Banned
    Arnold claimed he could put on inch on every 3 months.... no part of me doubts that either.

Perhaps putting BACK an inch due to muscle memory, but certainly not an inch of virgin growth. No way, absolutely impossible.

If that were true, he would have made Greg Valentino's arms look like a 12-year old girl's by the time he ended his Mr. O run. LOL

BDTR is offline Retired
    Then why weren't his arms 50 inches?

Quote Originally Posted by LOCKDOWN
    Arnold claimed he could put on inch on every 3 months.... no part of me doubts that either.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    depends. if u inject ur gear in ur arms all the time, then u can prolly get them pretty big. try injecting in both bicep heads and tricep heads every week. trust me, ull be very happy. if worse comes to worse. use some site-enhancement oil on ur next cycle. u will gain 2 inches from the oil and will lose about 1.5 inches but keep .5 inch from real muscle.

hope this helps.

"Why wern't his arms 50 inches" ...because he did a thing called priority training. If his arms were in perportion and the size he wanted them then he'd switch to a maintnance set instead of growth.

Sorry bro, but it is humanly impossible to add an inch of virgin growth in 3 months to your arms, or any muscle group for that matter. Even with synthol, site injects, all the pharmaceuticals in the world, etc. etc. It doesn't matter. Anyone who doubts this needs their head examined.

LOCKDOWN, go train hardcore for the next decade and then come back here 10 years from now and tell us what you think. You'll see that we're not crazy after all.

LoL, sorry bro - I'm reading this ver-batum from his own book. This isn't me speculating, it's quotes coming from the man's mouth. He was 7 time Mr. Olympia... anyone who doubts a man of that caliber can't put 1" on in 12 weeks might need head examined instead.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I must need my head examined then because I'm doubting it 100000%. Arnold had incredible genetics, some of the best in the world but an inch of new muscle every 3 months added to his arms is impossible. Sorry.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Why didnt he add those inches to his legs then? 28.5 inches.... thats really proporstionate to 22 inches arms hu?

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    opps sorry my bad his legs hit 29 at his best 8)

I am at a loss for words here. Bro, if you'd put the book down, get your butt in the gym, and spend any significant amount of time training (like 8-15 years), you will realize this is not humanly possible. I don't care if you have 1 in 1 gazillion genetics. It is physically impossible to put on 1" of virgin growth LBM on your arms in 12 weeks. God, Valentino couldn't even do that and from I'm told from a very inside source, the man is injecting some type of cosmetic surgical silicon into his arms. Include bloat, fat, blood volume, maybe...but definitely not 1" of pure LBM. And don't think for a minute that the 1" of total growth would be sustainable.

Come on...guys like Yates, Coleman, Cutler, etc. These guys have the best genetics, the best trainers, the best nutritionists, the best drug gurus. Not even they could ever sustain that kind of pace. And these guys ARE trying to look freaky huge because if everyone's conditioning is identical (and politics aside, LOL), the biggest guy will win. That's the way it is. Yet, these guys are NOT coming in with quads that are 2" bigger than last year, arms that are 3-4" bigger than the year before, etc. I bet these guys would be thrilled with a solid 1/2" ripped gain in their arms after a year's worth of training. I know I would.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    I have put on an inch on my arms in 12 weeks, with no AAS. I took measurements and bf readings monthly and have the pictures to prove it. I think it's easier to do this when you're starting vs after you have been bodybuilding for several years.

I started with 13in arms and am now almost 16 inches in less than a year.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Ohh if Arnold said so then it must be true!!!

BDTR is offline Retired
    He is a politician now lol.

Hey, maybe Arnold's wrong but Im taking the 7 time Mr Olypian's side on this one. If he states it's possible, than it is. Just because you cant/havnt done it doesnt mean another man cant/hasnt.

I personally have gone from 16 3/4" to 17 1/2" in 10 weeks on a simple prop/eq cycle. But hey, let your mind limit your beliefs of what's possible and so it shall be.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Take a virgin trainer, adding an inch to their arms is easy. Take someone like arnold, its impossible to KEEP growing at that rate. EVERYONE has a genetic potentioal that can't even be passed with all the steroids in the world. Why don't all the pro's gain 50 lbs of muscle a year every year then?

Back to what Pheendo said, "1 inch for every 15 pounds." So that's like saying you can't put on 15 pounds in 12 weeks? Not possible to put on a little more than a pound a week while on cycle? I mean come on....

OBVIOUSLY no pro is going to put on 15 pounds every cycle. After being in the game for 15 years gains subside. But for 90% of the people on this board, I can confidently say that 1" on your arms after 12 weeks of training is very possible.

And the stuff your thinking of is called Synthol and yes he was busted injecting it into his discusting biceps when he had surgery to remove the abcess.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    The key to larger arms isnt biceps its triceps :-) You can add an inch on them alot easier than biceps

Thread Information